Purity

Cage

After about an hour of torture, the man dragged a beaten, exhausted Purity to her feet.

"Come see my cage," he sang and ripped the tape off of his prisoner's mouth.

"P-please," Purity croaked pleadingly. But her pleas fell on deaf ears. The man simply cut the tape off of her hands, knowing she was too weak to resist him.

"Come see my cage," he repeated. He dragged her towards a bush. When she saw that the man was really dragging her towards, Purity's eyes widened in fear. It was a box. A box partially in the ground about seven feet long, buried up to its rim.

On the right wall of the box a grill was set in the wood that opened into another, smaller box with a top on it, a ventilation portal. "See? You wont die. Right away," he said as he threw her in and quickly nailed the top shut.

Purity passed out once again.

When she woke up, she thought she was blind until she remembered what happened. She remembered that she was in a homemade coffin and started hyperventilating. "No!" Purity shrieked and thrashed around what she could.

"Someone help me!" She sobbed for a while. "Mommy, daddy," she whimpered in a few minutes, "I know I wanted you out of my life but please forgive me, let me out. I'm hurt badly, I need you! I'm sorry."

Light suddenly fell on her face from the grill and an unsure voice spoke, "Hello?"

"Please help me!" Purity screamed.

"Miss, are you okay?" The boys voice asked through the grill.

"No, my arm is broken and my body is burned. I'm afraid and I'm losing it. I need to be let out!" Purity was panicking.

"My name is Dylan," a young boy stuck his face into the ventilation portal. He looked about ten years old.

"Please, Dylan, I'm Purity Knight, please help me out of here." Purity begged.

I cant, I tried but I couldn't open the lid. I brought you this, though." He squeezed a few almost crushed cookies through the grill. "I'll bring something later."

"No, please, call the police, please call the police," Purity sobbed.

"Okay, Ill do whatever I can.." He pulled his face out.

"Wait!" Purity looked around the coffin. There was a lot of graffiti on the walls. She was on top of a dirty white blanket and a plastic sheet. To her left there was a shelf upon which sat a box of saltine crackers and four ballpoint pens on top of a single piece of paper.

"Thank God," she said and scribbled a note which read:

Jake,
I thought it was some kind of sick joke but now Im going to die if you dont do something. I know I will die, I am badly hurt. Please come and let me out - Dylan, the boy can help you- just come and let me out so we can talk. Hurry.

"Here," she passed the letter through the grill. "Give this to- " A shadow fell over the boy. He turned and ran.

"Heh," it was the man who abducted her, "give me that." He tore the letter away from Purity's hand. Then he pulled out a camera, "Say cheese," the camera flashed. "Thats perfect, really convincing, bye bye... Purity."

He reburied the portal, leaving the sobbing, pleading Purity in the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! first slipnkot reference in the story! i dont know how much i like this chapter. but i do like the little kids character for some reason. Poor Purity. everyone has abandoned her.