Status: Okay, so I have the outline written out, all I have to do is type it up :)

Tonight

"Me and love just don't mix."

The dinner went better than I expected. Joe Jonas, being one of the funniest guy's I've ever met, kept everyone laughing with hilariously bad jokes and funny stories from the road and Nick....well Nick was just Nick. I was so torn about this kid. I wasn't going to even attempt to pretend that I didn't like him, because that would be just a huge waste of time, but I really didn't want to be so into him because then I would just be begging for heartbreak, as cliche as it sounds.
But I'm overanalyzing this...

"So..." Demi said with a mischevious glint in her eyes, "Joe and I are going to the movies. You two do as you wish." After she said that, Joe threw some money on the table and they got up and left, giggling like little school children and leaving Nick and I staring after them with dumbfounded expresions on our faces.
"I knew this was going to happen." I said with a little laugh, going in my purse to get my wallet, "That was classic Demetria." Nick looked at me like I was stupid.
"What are you doing?" He asked. I, in turn, looked at him like he was stupid.
"What do you think, Jonas?" I replied, "Getting my money out so I can pay. Duh."
"Put you're money back, Reyes. I'm paying." Nick laughed, putting some money on the table.
I just shrugged.
"Whatever." I said, "I'm buying us coffee, though."
"Suit yourself." Nick laughed.

The coffee shop was nearly deserted by the time Nick and I sat down with our drinks but I wasn't complaining. I didn't want to share Nick with any fangirl, as selfish as it seems.

"I noticed something about your music." I said to Nick before taking a sip of my hot chocolate. I really wasn't in the mood for coffee.
Nick gasped.
"You actually listened to our music?" He asked, making a shocked face, "Is hell freezing over?" I rolled my eyes at him but smiled nonetheless.
"Ha ha, Jonas." I continued, "Well anyway, I noticed that you guys talk about love alot. Why?"

Nick stayed silent for a while, looking at me, assessing me. It didn't really make me uncomfortable but I'm not sure if I liked his imploring gaze. It made me feel exposed, vunerable even.
"Why not?" He replied, "Love is the most amazing thing that a person can feel. it's universal."
I tried not to show my disbelief but apparently I was more transparent than I thought.
"What? You don't believe me?" He asked with a smile.
I didn't know what to say so I took another sip of my hot chocolate to buy me time.
"I don't know." I admitted, "Me and love just don't mix."

And it really didn't. All my past boyfriends either cheated on me or fucked me over mentally. So after a while I just gave up and started collecting fuck buddies. They didn't claim to love me and they didn't bitch when I told them to leave in the morning, which was always a plus.

"What makes you think that?" Nick asked, resting his chin on his fist and looking at me. It was like he was analyzing me.
That's when it hit me: He was trying to play therapist, bless his heart.
"Yeah, let's not get into this." I said with an awkward laugh, "I kinda regret bringing this up now."
"No, it's alright." Nick said quickly, biting his lip. I think he felt sorry for me, and that unsettled me. I hated sympathy of any kind.
"What time is it?" I asked quietly. Nick looked at his watch.
"9:30. Why?" He asked. I just threw one of my patented fake smiles at him.
"I think it's past your bed time, Mr.Jonas." I teased, getting up, taking his hand, and pulling him up with me. Nick grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I'm so tired of being a good boy." He whispered in my ear, tugging on my ear lobe gently with his teeth. My eyes widened and then I laughed.
"Hey!" I grinned, "Be good and I might let you call me later." Nick instantly detatched himself from me.
"I'm good!" He said quickly, "Let's go."
I just laughed as he pulled me out of the coffee shop.
Ilove really like Nick Jonas.
Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing this story! It's so fun!
thanks to everyone who commented!
Reading what you guys write me really makes me smile.

Melanie
<3

oh! and you get a cookie if you can tell me where "I'm so tired of being good." comes from!
Hint: It's a really funny retro movie.And it has Johnny Depp in it!