Learning to Fall

Sleep Walking

I woke up in a sweat and looked at my alarm clock on my nightstand by my bed. It was four am. I’m sure Martin had probably left by now considering how the sun was going to be up soon and I had fallen asleep.

I threw the covers off me and climbed out of bed. I was tired but I knew that with everything on my mind I was not going to be able to fall back asleep. I felt a little safer when Martin was here watching over me. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face then proceeded downstairs to the kitchen. Something told me to head into the living room however and dashed my plans.

I saw that the couch was empty and the cover and pillow were sitting neatly on my couch. I smiled. Well, he did stay until I fell asleep. I had this feeling to walk to my living room window. It was the largest window in the house. I pulled back the curtains and screamed. Jeff was standing on the other side with an evil grin!

“Whoa, Alex, wake up! Wake up Alex!” I heard Martin say as I was being shaken awake.

“Jeff!” I mumbled frozen with fear. “He was here.” I replied.

“Alex, Jeff isn’t here. I have been here all night. You were dreaming.” Martin replied as his
hands were still on my shoulders.

I blinked and looked around. I was standing by the living room window. Now I was really getting scared.

“How did I get here?” I asked worried.

“I don’t know. I thought you were awake and said your name but you didn’t answer. I watched you pull back the curtains and I realized that you must have been sleep walking. Then I heard you scream.” Martin said looking me over to make sure I was ok.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“It’s a little after four in the morning.” He replied.

“You need to go before the sun comes up. I’ll be fine. It was just a dream.” I sighed.

“Nonsense.” Martin replied picking me up in his arms.

“Martin, what are you doing?” I asked. “Put me down.” I said.

“Nope. I am carrying you back to bed.” He said as he carried me up the steps and to my room.

“Seriously, it was just a nightmare. I’m used to them. I have been having strange, weird dreams anyway.” I said as he sat me down on my bed. I crawled in and he tucked me in.

“How long?” Martin asked concerned.

“I don’t know. Since the accident I guess. Wait, what are you doing?” I asked as Martin crawled into bed with me.

“You need your rest and I promised that I would protect you.” Martin grinned.

“You really should be getting home. I mean you did what I asked already.” I said as I rolled over to face him.

“Alexandra, don’t make me have to bite you to get what I want.” Martin said with his voice changing. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to use his persuasion power on me.

“Oh, and what do you want?” I challenged.

“I want you to fall asleep.” He replied.

I sighed and felt my body start to calm. I was trying to resist him but I was failing miserably. I wanted to fight Martin. I wanted him to go before the sun came up but I was losing this battle as my body betrayed me and I drifted back off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Halloween guys. Look for updates to Dead In The Water and Time To Dance later today as an added treat. :)