Learning to Fall

No Kind Words

(Martin's POV)

"I thought for sure you would show up and try to stop Alex from getting on the plane to Paris." Nonnie spokeat me as she entered my place. I was in the kitchen when I heard her and Paul both come in.

"Babe, why do you have to go and start something. Just let it be. You wanted them to break up." Paul replied as I stepped out of the kitchen area.

"I think someone is regretting their decision to haul their best friend off to another country because they will miss them. Admit it Nonnie, you don't really want Alex to go to Paris. I think deep down inside you wanted me to show up and stop Alex from getting on that plane." I laughed as Nonnie pointed her finger at me before huffing away into the living room. Paul just looked at me as I shrugged my shoulders.

I walked back into the kitchen and opened the fridge, reaching for not one, but two blood packets. I couldn't taste alcohol and now was the time I needed something to drown out my sorrows. If I made the wrong decision in sending Alex away, there wasn't anything I could do about it now. Her plane was either taking off by now or already has.

"You miss Alex, don't you?" Bryan replied as he came into the kitchen looking for a beer.

"No." I lied.

"Dude, you are about to guzzle two of those things." He pointed at the packets I was holding in my hand. Then there was silence for a minute.

"Have you gotten into her thoughts yet to see what she is thinking? Isn't that one of your powers you can do with her?" Bryan asked amused.

"What? No, I mean, yeah I can do that but I wouldn't do that to her. That's kind of invading. I mean if someone was poking around in your private thoughts wouldn't you think that was weird? I know I would." I replied as I gulped down the first packet as if it was nothing. I wasn't even thirsty. I just needed a rush.

"Admit it though. It's killing you inside. I know you won't be able to not tap into her thoughts for long." Bryan added.

"Maybe when she is settled months from now I might just to see how she is doing but not now." I gulped the second packet.

"That is so disgusting." Bryan replied.

"No one said you had to watch or be in here with me." I laughed as I wiped my mouth.

There was a loud banging at the front door which I think made everyone jump. Bryan and I ran to the living area as the banging continued. We all just looked at each other.

"Martin, were you expecting company?" John replied.

"Right." I rolled my eyes as I approached the front door.

"Open it so it will stop." Nonnie said.

I opened the door and stood in shock. Standing in front of my place was none other than Sara and she appeared to be alone. How did she find me and what does she want now?