Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter Thirteen

The holiday was soon over, Brian stayed practically glued to me for every second of it. And now we were to face the bad part. School. Yes, our winter vacation was over and it was the first day back at school again. We flew in yesterday night so I hadn’t really had much time to unpack. My clothes were all dirty and my shoes were all wet through with melted snow. I groaned as I stood up from rummaging around in my cupboards attempting to find something. I ran downstairs, still in my boxers, and ran into the kitchen.

“Mom, do I have any clothes?” I asked

“Yeah, look in the basket.” she said not looking up from her breakfast. I did what she said and found a plain white t-shirt, some jeans and a jacket. I took them all and ran back upstairs. It was weird spending the night on my own again. Brian had to go back to his house, something about his car, and he promised to pick me up at eight am dead. It was now something like half seven, I had a shower last night so I could be a lazy sod this morning. I pulled on a clean pair of boxers and the rest of my clothes. I walked over to my mirror, I looked like shit this morning. I quickly ran a comb and some gel through my hair and put on a very slight ring of eyeliner around each eye. Good.

I walked back down the stairs, jumping the bottom three, and skidded into the tiled kitchen. I walked over to the toaster to see there was already some toast in there. I looked over my shoulder to see my dad on the phone to one of his workmates, I grinned and popped up the toast and put it on a plate. I quickly ran some butter over it and walked into the living room.

“You did that quick didn’t you?” my mom asked

“Hell yeah.” I smiled. I heard my dad swear in the kitchen and walk into the living room, stopping by me.

“Does anybody know what happened to my toast?”

“I have absolutely no idea.” I said as I took a bite trying to hide my smirk. He looked at me then to the toast then to me again as I looked up at him innocently.

“Fuck it.” he huffed and walked back into the kitchen. I laughed and finished my snack before I heard a knock at the door. I walked to it, picking my bag up on the way and opened it to see Brian in his usual jeans and black hoodie. I smiled at him as he reached out for a hug. I hugged him and ran down to his car. I had seen it before, it was a beat up old thing, blacked out windows with extra exhausts and random stickers all over it. I got in, hearing the random hip-hop music already blasting out of the speakers.

“I am so not looking forward to this.” I said as he got in.

“You looked pretty happy when I was at the door.” he said as he started driving.

“Yeah I know, but this is the first time you would have seen your friends since we hooked up, its gonna be hard.” I said

“I’ve dealt with worse.” he smirked as he messed with his hair with one hand.

“I’m sure you have, all the sluts that you have dated.” I said.

“Yeah, trust me, never dump Christa Turner, did you see me about two months ago with a black eye?” I nodded, “Yeah, that was her.” he laughed

“Wow, she can pack a punch for someone that squeals at a speck of dirt on her.” I laughed

“No seriously, every time I would go round to her house, she would be all lets have sex, then spend half an hour in the bathroom making sure she looked good.” I frowned as we pulled into the student parking lot. I have never been driven by Brian before, and for someone that I don’t even think should be driving, he is pretty good. We both got out of the car and he stalled as I walked around to him. I looked behind me to see Matthew Sanders and Jimmy Sullivan walking towards us. Brian looked worried as they came up to us.

“Hey dude, you did it then?” Matt asked

“Sorta, but I…” Brian started

“Did what?” I asked

“Okay, so we made a bet that he couldn’t fuck you while you guys were away, and he did, so Jimmy here owes Brian $100.” Matt laughed

“Yeah but I…”

“You bet on me?” I cut Brian off. I didn’t want to hear the answer, I just walked off. I could not believe him. I knew something was up the way he just blurted out that he was bi, I knew I would regret sleeping with him. I walked over to the tree I had grown to love over the years of being alone. I sat down underneath it and looked at all of the carvings of my name in its trunk. I rested my head against the bark as a lone tear ran down my cheek. It would help like fuck if I didn’t have first lesson with him.

I sat there until I heard the bell ring through my ears. I walked through the crowded school and moved into the room I was in. I saw Brian was already sat in a seat. The seat next to mine. He was never one for sticking to seating plans. I huffed and shoved my bag down on the floor and moved the chair back as far away from him as possible.

“Zack, look I…”

“I don’t want to hear it, do everyone a favour and just ignore me, just go back to how things were.” I hissed

“Well I don’t wanna do that.” he said

“Oh yeah, so you can fuck me again and earn more money?” I asked quite loudly. I saw some heads turn in our direction as the classroom filled up.

“Tell me this, if I was meant to fuck you once for a bet, why would it have happened five times why we were away, and four out of five times I told you I loved you. Why would I do that if I only had to do it once?” he asked harshly

“You know what, I give up. it’s the fact that you used me for your own mindless pleasure. Just leave me alone.” I yelled. The teacher looking my way. Brian got up and moved back over to where he normally sat.

“Are you quite finished with your outburst Mr Baker?” Mr woodwin asked

“Its not my fault he’s a dick is it?” I muttered to myself. I looked over at Brian who was talking to the blonde Barbie doll in front of him. Typical. Even though he didn’t look interested in the conversation, he was still talking to her with that smirk, that ‘I want you now’ smirk. The same smirk he gave me countless times.