Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter Sixteen

I smiled up at him. His plan seemed impossible, but I liked it. Downstairs I heard the door creak open.

“Did you hear that?” I asked as I heard a bang. My head shot up off Brian’s sticky chest as I looked to the door of my bedroom.

“Yeah, what was it?” he asked

“I don’t know.”

Then I heard another bang.

“What if it’s a burglar, or a murderer, or something.” I said panicky

He got up, quickly pulling his jeans on, forgetting his boxers. He grabbed a baseball bat from my cupboard and left the room silently. My blood went cold, once again forgetting the door was unlocked. I pulled the duvet up over me as I covered back into the pillow. Downstairs I heard Brian yell and a slight scream. I then heard loud footsteps up the stairs and my bedroom door slam open to reveal my mom.

“What the hell are you doing here?” she screamed in my face.

“Well, I got really pissed off and I ran from school, but-”

“Are you naked?” she asked looking at my bare chest and the fact that I was holding my duvet tightly around my waist.

“I really don’t think that’s important right now.” Brian said stood behind her.

“You!” she screamed into his face.

“You, I should have known. I thought it was odd seeing the guy you son hates stood in my house at half two in the afternoon, his jeans barley on, his belt undone, shirtless.” she yelled

“What…”

“Get out of my house, my son isn’t going to be one of your whores. Get out!” she said pushing him out of my bedroom. I quickly scrambled around to pick up any pair of boxers, I picked up the first pair on my reach and slipped them on noticing that they were Brian’s, who‘s shirt I picked up as well. I ran downstairs where my mom was still screaming in his face.

“Mom! Calm the fuck down!” I yelled, pulling her away from attacking Brian.

“Get upstairs.” she said in a next to calm tone.

“I’m sixteen, you cant tell me what to do.” I said. Her eyes were deep with rage and her face just screamed angry. Her hair was now messy and unkempt, her clothes were creased and her make up was messed up. She huffed and walked into the living room where she sat down putting her head in her hands. I walked up to Brian who was now leaning against his car, cigarette in hand.

"Here, I will sort her out.” I said handing him his t-shirt which he quickly pulled over his head.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.” he said getting in his car. He wound the window down and looked up at me.

“Don’t worry, I just think that it’s the shock that her perfect son is now not so perfect.” I said, tears in the corner of my eyes.

“Get back in there and talk to her, I’ll phone you later.” he said and drove off. I didn’t even have the time to say goodbye. It was like he was punishing me, because I didn’t tell her on holiday. I walked back inside and sat on the recliner opposite my mom.

“So, you and him are…?” she asked,

“Yeah, I mean it doesn’t change anything, I swear.” I said

“Change what?”

“I don’t know, I sorta just said it.” I laughed to myself slightly

“But you’re an honour student, honour students don’t go around having under age gay sex!” She yelled

“Don’t you ever think about me being my own person. You were so relieved when I told you that me and Brian were friends again. I only did well at school because I didn’t have any friends, I didn’t have anything to do in my spare time so I thought, ‘what the heck’, lets give the poor woman what she wants. And for the record, I have been gay since I knew the difference between boys and girls.” I yelled back at her. Who does she think she is, telling me how to live my life. I cant believe the way she is so angry at me because I have fell in love.

“I didn’t expect you to do this. You know, I thought you were different from other teenagers, I thought that you didn’t care what people thought of you for being smart. All I have done is love you and you repay me by turning out queer.” she said crying into her hands.

I stood up, not wanting to hear her sob story any longer. I walked upstairs, got re-dressed and headed to the front door.

“Where do you think your going?” I heard her ask

“To my boyfriends house, some real shit happened to me at school today, next time think about how others may feel before you start calling them queer.” I said as I slammed the door. I walked down the road, watching house after house looking the same. That’s what’s wrong. Everybody and everything is the same. Nobody accepts me because I am different. I really didn’t care about my mom turning on the water works, it was my dad that I was most scared of.

I finally stopped in front of Brian’s place, his parents had a granny annex built ages ago, and when she died, Brian moved in there, so he sort of had his own place, but on his parents property. His parents house was perfect, three floors looming over the street, the perfectly cut grass, the painted picket fence that surrounded it. They weren’t a perfect couple, but they had the perfect house. Brian’s side practically was a dump. The five foot metal chicken wire fence that blocked it off from the rest of the word with its gate torn on the hinges. The ‘Beware of the dog’ sign was faded and old. It was painted white, with a brown tiled roof. The front door read ‘Brian’s Bungalow’ with obscene stickers surrounding it. You expected it to be like in a cartoon where the parents house is covered by sunshine and rainbows and the other side to be dark with thunder and lightening.

I slowly made my way up the path, looking at the fact that he actually took pride in the garden, that was pretty neat. I reached the door, hearing music and raised voices inside. I slowly knocked, regretting it straight after. I heard barking as the door was pulled open showing Brian’s flushed face.

“Erm, hi.” I said, shuffling from foot to foot.

“Hey, Zacky,” he said before stepping outside and pulling the door to, “This isn’t really a good time right now, you can come in, but you may not like it very much.” he said looking down. I put two and two together in my head. There was someone else here.

“Why, who’s there?” I asked shyly, pulling the sleeves of my jacket over my hands, trying to keep warm on this winters day.

“Well, after you sort of ran, I ran out too, and I guess that the guys did, and when I got home they were already here.” He said.

“Okay, I will just go and wait in your room or something, I really don’t wanna go home right now.” I laughed and walked into the one story home. It was actually quite nice, the black couch, the posters on the walls, it was an actual home.

“Oh, well if it isn’t the fag.” I heard a sneer from the corner of the room. I looked to see Matt Sanders sat in all his glory, chugging down a bottle of beer. I looked to a door to see it was open a crack, letting a bed be shown through. I made a dash to get out of the room I was in as fast as possible. Before I reached the door I was pushed against the wall, my shoulders tightly gripped by strong hands.

“You bastard. You geek. How did you ever think that we would ever like you. This whole ‘change the queer geek into one of us’ plan will never work.“ Matt screamed in my face.

“It was you who made the bet, Matt, Anyway, we are just going to make him friends with us, you don’t know him.” Brian said pushing Matt off me. He looked at me and nodded towards the door. I quickly scrambled into the room and shut the door behind me. I heard a bark and I jumped with a slight scream. I turned to see a small white bindle of fur stood by my leg. I smiled and bent down to touch it. Beware of the dog. Ha! This is his oh so vicious dog. I smiled as it began rubbing his nose onto the palm of my hand.

The shouting from the other room could still be heard, Brian’s frustrated cries filled my ears. I went and sat down on the blue unmade bed. This room was different from the rest of the house, it was nice. I noticed a door in the corner which was bolted and padlocked from this side. The sign on it said ‘Rents house’, so I guessed that they joined. I sat and noticed that his unpacked suitcase was slung in the corner. His laptop on the desk was on with his camera hooked up to it. I continued to look around until my eyes stopped at a few shelves. I stood and walked to them. The first shelf was filled with trophies, the second just had junk on it. Then the third was filled with pictures. Pictures of me and him when we were younger. I hadn’t seen most of these before, I looked at one, we must have been about twelve, both with skateboards in our hands looking at the kick ass wound on my leg. I smiled thinking about the scar that currently lay there.

I heard his computer beep, so by instinct, I went to see what it was. He had uploaded a photo off his camera. The photo was of me and him. I was asleep on his bare chest and he was leaning to press a kiss to my head. I smiled. He must have taken this while we were on holiday. I heard the door open then close again, Brian walking through it, his face still flushed red.

“I’m sorry, but for this to work out, then nobody can know about us.” he said quickly

“What?” I asked

“If I tell them that we are actually together then everything will go wrong. You don’t know how homophobic some of my friends are.” He said running a hand down his face.

“So we are a secret?” I asked quietly

“Sort of yeah, but we will still just be friends at school and in front of people.” he said. He looked at the computer screen before quitting off the picture.

“What about your parents, they know.” I muttered

“I know they know, erm, I will just tell them that we broke up, they know my friends, they wont tell them.” he said

“Okay then.” I said sadly.

“I am so sorry.” he said before leaving again. I heard more talking, but it was calm talking.

The door to my left was softly pushed ajar once again as three boys stumbled in.

“Listen, Zack, I’m sorry for, you know, making that bet.” Jimmy said looking at me as I stroked the soft dogs fur.

“It’s okay.” I muttered.

“So what, we are going to make you popular and then what?” Matt asked me.

“No, we are going to prove to everyone how amazing he is, and that’s gonna start tomorrow, I am officially going in school tomorrow was Zack Baker’s friend.” Brian laughed as he sat down next to me.

“I’m sorry dude, if I knew how Syn really felt about you having a good time then I wouldn’t have gone off on one.” Matt said.

“Sin?” I asked

“Its short for Synyster Gates. it’s a name I made up a few years back.” Brian said laughing.

“Really?” I asked. He nodded and bit his lip, trying not to laugh. I looked at the small dog that was now lying at the end of the bed, noticing he had a tag. I smiled and reached to look at it, it read Pinkly.

“What the fuck does Pinkly mean?” I asked

Brian and Jimmy looked at each other before both saying “Long Story.”

Brian sat on the bed, playing with Pinkly, while Matt and Jimmy began scrolling through internet pages.

As I was sat there I smelt a whiff of Brian. He smelt like sex. I giggled to myself, thinking what the horror it must have been for my mom to walk in on that. Brian cheered and called out as some slutty porn clip filled the computer screen. He laughed and got up off the bed to go and stare at the screen with his friends. Is this what popular life was like? I watched as Matt pulled out another beer that was in the mini fridge by the computer desk. Beer and Porn.

I heard Brian laugh at something on the screen and Matt and Jimmy comment on how ‘Fucking Hot’ the chick was. It was then I took in detail in Brian’s room. The poster on his wardrobe door of some naked girl, her hair covering her boobs while one of her hands covered the rest. I pulled a face and continued looking. The stack of porn movies that were next to the TV, the pack of condoms on his bed side unit, the pair of pink panties that were on his windowsill above his bed. It was disgusting. I looked at pin ups of girls that he had around his room. Then I thought about myself. They had size zero waists while my waist was fat. They had perfect skin while mine has covered in chicken pock marks and scars. They were girls, I wasn’t. Not that I would want to be one, I just feel that Brian wouldn’t see me how he would see them girls. Like I was some freak.

The room wasn’t full of shit like that though. There were the odd poster of a guitar or a motorcycle that he obviously liked, his three guitars lay on stands in the corner, a white one, a red one with a blue cross, and a sleek black one with white stripes going up and down it. He had posters of bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden up on the walls. I heard the three guys leave the computer and come and sit on the bed. This was going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
So apart from the bitter cold and my headache, Today has been mint.

I made a new friends at college, he's sound as.
=]
AND I am going to actually write a few updates for Fragile. My writers block on that seems to be going, but I have three versions of the chapter, and I dont know which one to post. Also, I am not getting many comments on it, I only got like 6 last update. I do like to know how I'm doing from time to time.

And, I have to do a thing about Brummy slang, Nobody up sheffield way knows half the words I say, so you know LOL! I may begin doing video AN's, when I dont look like shit, maybe at the weekend.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY CHRIST,
YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN!