Sequel: Streets

Mont Blanc

Chapter Twenty Two

I was sat on the back row of the science rooms. I was now alone in this God forsaken lesson after Brian got moved due to ‘bad behaviour’, meaning the teacher couldn’t cope. It didn’t help that the new teacher we had had his head stuck too far up his own arse and gave you detention for coughing and gay things like that. He had made us sit in a seating plan, and I was put next to the two most idiotic girls on the planet.

“What does that say?” The one girl, Kat, asked, pushing her textbook over to me.

“Lizard,” I stated. What an idiot.

“So who is this guy you’re meeting up with?” her friend asked.

“Brian Haner,” she whispered, giggling.

Her friend gasped and laughed with her. By now I was fuming. So this is what Brian was doing whenever he said he was going to the ‘Gym’. I stood up and walked out of the room, hearing numerous calls of my name as I shut the door.

I raced down the corridor and to the learning support hall where I could hear Brian whining through an open door.

“I just don’t get it,” he said. I looked around the corner to see him leaning back on his chair, cutting chunks off a glue stick and throwing them at the wall.

I coughed to get his attention and saw that when he turned to me, he smiled wide.

“Hey Zack,” He said. The teacher in the room left to do some photocopying, leaving us alone.

“Can you tell me why the hell you are meeting up with that Kat girl?” I asked as I shut the door.

“What are you on about?” He asked as he continued to vandalise the wall.

“Apparently you’re meeting up with that chick.”

“Yeah, I met up with her, once, it was,” He started.

“Cut the crap Brian, I know what ‘meeting up’ means, it means you and her meet up and have sex,” I snapped.

“If you let me finish! I was partnered with her for a history project, I asked her if we should ‘meet up’ to do it, stop thinking the worst about me for once and trust me!” He yelled, standing up.

“Well I’m sorry. How would you feel if you overheard someone was meeting up with me? Huh. You would be thinking the worst,” I said.

Brian sighed and walked over, bringing my body into his, muttering a quiet ‘sorry’.

“Its okay, I was in the wrong, I just got the wrong end of the stick, that’s all.”

He laughed and sat back in his wooden chair, bringing me down onto his lap.

“Will you help me with this?” he asked.

“What?”

He pointed to the science textbook which had numerous pictures of equations and symbols on.

“I cant believe you’re in learning support,” I laughed.

“Shut up, just because I’m stupid,” he replied.

I turned to him and he smiled at me, “I am so sorry,” I said.

“Its okay, I mean, I can see your point, Cat obviously didn’t know what she was on about,” he said.

“I like that name, Kat. It sounds kinky,” I laughed.

“Okay then, from now on you are my little kitty Cat. I will even get you a costume and everything, your eyes already look like a cats eyes, so you’re half way there,” he suggested.

I giggled as he pressed a kiss to my neck, just in time to hear a cough from the doorway.

“Shit,” Brian said. The support teacher was stood in the doorway, her photocopying in hand.

“Don’t worry, I’m not allowed to say anything, teachers are strictly confidential,” she smiled.

My heart regained its usual beat as I let out a deep sigh.

“Well, Mr Baker, it looks like Brian isn’t going to be the only one in learning support,” she said.

“What?” Me and Brian said in unison.

“I bumped into your teacher, he said he no longer wants you in the class so you may as well stay down here,” she said, handing me the work I was doing in the other class.

Brian turned to me and held up his hand for a high five. My hand slapped his and I pulled up the chair next to him and climbed off his lap.

“So you two have a bit of a ‘thing’ going on then?” Miss Ramsey asked.

“Yeah,” Brian blushed.

“And you have your homophobic friends and are scared of losing the respect you have and losing your friends, and you find it difficult to keep it such a secret,” she said.

“Exactly, you read my mind,” He laughed.

“My brother went though the same thing. He lives in Canada now, but don’t let that dishearten you,” she laughed.

We nodded and I pulled the textbook over towards me.

“I’m gonna change to the soccer team,” Brian said to me.

“Why?”

“Because, you’re starting your baseball, and I was looking at the timetables yesterday. The soccer and baseball timetables are more or less the same, whereas the football timetable is completely different from the baseballs. That way, we will be practicing and stuff at the same time and we can spend more time together,” he said.

I smiled at him, “See, you’re not stupid.”

He just laughed and shook his head.

At lunch time, Brian went out of his way to actually make me eat something. He thinks that I have a disorder, but really, I cant stomach eating at lunch, its too early in the day, I have a huge breakfast so I can survive.

“There we go,” he said, walking back with two plates. He put his plate in front of him and pushed mine under my nose, he had a can of coke and a bag of potato chips while I had a bottle of lemonade, a huge plate of catering curry, the type you get on planes and an orange.

“I cant eat this,” I said, pushing the plate back slightly. He looked at me and shook his head, pushing the plate back in my direction. I sighed and pushed it over towards Jimmy, who picked up a fork and was about to pick up a chunk of chicken before Brian took the plate back and placed it in front of me.

“You’re going to eat it,” Brian said with a mouth full of chips.

“Number one, Ewww,” I laughed, commenting on the fact I just saw what was in his mouth,” And number two, I’ll go back to your house later and you can feed me as much as you want.”

He looked at me confused, before catching on about the fact that the I still haven’t moved back in with my parents yet, even though my moms practically begging me, and the guys think I moved back ages ago.

I picked at the food that was on my plate, Jimmy looking over my shoulder every so often, which ended up being me passing my food to him and him cheering happily.

“Brian thinks Zacky is stupid for not eating the food that Brian went and got for Zacky and spent his precious money on,” Brian said, looking at his can, nodding at the aluminium object.

“Zacky thinks Brian shouldn’t refer to himself in third person, also Zacky says sorry to Brian and will make up for the fact that Brian spent his money,” I said.

“Kitty Cat,” Brian laughed quietly, looking up at me.

“What was that?” Matt said, turning his head towards Brian.

“I was just saying how I haven’t had one of this Kit Kat bars in ages,” Brian said back casually.

Matt huffed and turned back to whoever he was talking to.

“Your snakebites look better with rings in,” Brian commented on my recent change.

“I know, it hurt like fuck trying to get them in though,” I said.

With that, that small, spiky haired kid, Johnny, I think, came walking towards us, sitting down in the chair next to me.

He leaned towards me and whispered in my ear, “I know your secret.”

“What?” I asked.

“You and Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, you probably know what its like, you leave a story for weeks on end and when you pick up from where you left off you lose your trail a bit. I've tried to make this the best it can be but I'm still not pleased with it.

I have re-written PDP, the authors note on chapter one of that story should explain everything. I am writing a few chapters for that, and I am pleased with my recent ideas. =D