Your Hand in Mine

Attempting To Discover Where To Begin

I inhaled and deeply and wondered if my legs were just going to give out on me. Before I noticed I was infront of his door. All the lights off were in the house. Maybe I shouldn't knock. I inhaled a deep breath and knocked on the door three times.
After a couple seconds, I exhaled and began to turn away when the door opened.

"Gracie?" His voice rang in desperation.

I turned back around so I was facing him and the glint of the light behind him showed that his eyes were red and blood-shot.

"Hey." I barely got out.

"H-hi. Why-why are you here?"

I gulped and took off his jacket.

"I-I had your jacket. I was out. 'Thought I'd return it, but I...got cold, so I put it on."

"You-you can keep it." He said and then started blushing.

I looked him over to see that he was wearing a pair of my skinny jeans and a shirt of mine. I lightly giggled and extended my arm for him to take it, shaking my head.

"When are you ever going to stop wearing my clothes Gabe?" I laughed.

"Maybe when they're locked up and not so darn cute."

"They're not cute for boys!"

"Are you sure? I think they make my butt look good. Look." He said turning around and modeling his butt.

I burst out laughing.

"Yeah- yeah they do, Gabe." I said through laughter.

He chuckled and then it went silent. We stared at each other awkwardly.

"So I guess I'll go then." I said and once again began to turn away.

He grabbed my hand, causing me to look back at him, a little shocked.

"Don't go." He whimpered. "Please. Just- come in."

I nodded and turned and walked in to the house. The house that had been my home for close to five years now and now I felt foreign in it.

"Look- just..sit down." He said and ushered me to the couch.

I looked at him as he paced back and forth.

"I. I miss you like crazy! Okay? I get that you don't need me! You are happy without me, but I need you! I need you. I love you! You're my best friend! Can we just- please make up already? Please! Just move in here again and lets go back to normal." He screamed in desperation.

I looked at him with a blank face. Shocked and yearning to just scream yes, but my mind faught against my heart. He looked at me waiting for any sign of an answer. That is when I noticed the tears strolling down his cheeks, and I was the cause of them. I had broken my promise that I made four years ago. I said I'd never make him cry. His tears would never be at my fault. I'd never be the cause. I stood up and wrapped him in a hug. Crying into my chest, he whimpered pleas.

"You hurt me so bad, you know." I told him.

He pulled away to look at me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. That night, when I came home, I came up to apologize and found you really did leave. I even- I even keep that stupid picture that I hate with me! I- I've been fucking wearing your clothes, sleeping in your bed at night. I mean, I know that sounds weird, but those are the last things I have of you. I'm going crazy without you. I feel like a pregnant lady on her period that has had too much crack!"

I laughed at this and out of nowhere, felt tears coming from my own eyes. He pulled me to him.

"I never wanted this to happen to us." He whispered to me, making me cry harder.

"I just- I just don't think I can...trust you anymore, Gabe."

He looked at me like I had said that I hated him or that I was dead. His face went pale, and it looked like I had kicked him in the stomach.

"No! Please! You can..let me just prove it to you. You can trust me!"

I began to laugh again, getting a glare from him.

"This isn't funny!" He screamed, angry at my reaction.

"Yeah it is." I laughed, "We act like a married couple, and you cheated on me."

He began to laugh now making me laugh harder, until we were both on the floor, gasping for air. We always did laugh at the stupidest, unfunniest, things. He looked at me with a grin and rolled ontop of me.

"Well since we're married." He said and began to playfully hump me.

I screamed in shock and began to laugh uncontrollably. He stopped, and I scooted from underneath him.

"I should be going, though. You know- before the sun rises."

He nodded.

"What, are you a vampire?" He joked, getting a playful glare from me, "But- are you coming back?"

"Yeah. I'm coming back." I said, standing up and leaving his house.

Gabe's P.O.V.
I got up from my place on the floor and looked to see I had a little bit of a boner. I looked, shocked at my manhood, not believeing that simply doing that to Gracie had given me a boner. Even though it was inappropriate, I hadn't even touched her. I walked up to my room, anxious for tomorrow to get here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Err, so I wasn't going to have this just yet. It was going to be the next chapter, and I was going to have her remembering what happened with Nick for this one. Now, you will find out what happens in the next one. =D I know this part is suckish, but it is more of a filler and something that had to happen eventually to get us back on track in to their relationship!

Six comments or I'm not updating. I swear guys.