Your Hand in Mine

When People Talk You Should Always Listen

My throat tightened and my heart pounded everytime I saw him, now. I can't believe he said he loved me. I mean- we've been best friends forever. He just told me he liked me not too long ago. How do you fall in love with your best friend?

One Reason To Not Date Gabe Saporta: He is my best friend. By dating him, I could ruin what we already have. Things would never be the same between us.
I sighed, looking in the mirror at my attire, going over my make up once more, and fluffing my hair more with my hands before turning to walk out my room. It was infact time for the party, and both Nick and Gabe were waiting on me. I walked down the stairs without being noticed. The boys were too caught up in exchanging looks. I cleared my throat, catching their attention, and smiles appeared on both of their faces.

"You look beautiful." Nick said, walking up to me, smiling.

I smiled back almost involuntarily.

Another Reason To Not Date Gabe Saporta: I have guys that aren't my best friend, and they like me. Why take the risk on Gabe when I already have other contestants?

"Yeah, lets go." Gabe said, roughly, walking out the front door.

Nick and I exchanged a look of 'what the fuck is his problem' before following behind him. The car ride there was silent. You could cut the tension with a knife. Gabe stared back at me through the rearview mirror every now and again when he thought I wasn't looking, but I could see him in the corner of my eye. As we pulled up to William's house, I began to feel uneasy. I hadn't seen William since our last run in when he got in a fight with Alex. Gabe opened the door for me and helped me out of the car.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome." Gabe said, smiling with that charming smile and endearing eyes. Another reason you just couldn't help but fall for him for.

I almost forgot that Nick was there before he came up beside me, glaring at Gabe, and wrapped an arm around me. Honestly, I felt really uncomfortable. We all walked inside and people greeted us. William exchanged an odd look in my direction, like he was also uneasy seeing me. I hurried past him and went to sit on a sofa with Nick. We exchanged small talk with each other, laughs, and lightly sipped on some beverages. Occassionally people would talk to us.

"So have you ever thought about coming back home?" Nick asked, changing the conversation to a more serious one.

Home? Home was right here. I haven't counted that old place as home in forever. I haven't even spoken to my father in ages.

"N-" I tried answering before rudely being cut off.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" William asked, looking down at me with an innocent, sorrowful, look, biting his lip.

"Uhh..Yeah, sure. Excuse me, Nick." I said, getting up and following William away from the crowd- in the backyard on the swings.

"Yeah?" I asked, sitting down beside him.

"Well, I just wanted to apologize for everything. I mean, what I did was stupid, and I really do love you- you know..You're my best girl friend, and I'd be honored if we could date. I couldn't do that to Gabe though, but...I just don't want us to have any hard feelings and that is why I made extra sure you were going to come."

"Well, honestly William- I think I am over it. I guess I might understand."

"So- we love each other again?" He said, cutely.

I smiled and nodded, giving him a side hug.

"Good." He mumbled in to my hair.

"So-" I began, once again getting cut off by someone.

"Gracie, we need to talk." Gabe said with a stirn, straight face.

Was it with everyone 'needing' to talk to me?
I nodded and William got up, leaving us alone. Gabe sat down where William had and looked at me.

"Listen, I don't trust that Nick guy. I get this horrible feeling when he is around. I don't like it." Gabe said, shaking his head.

"That is called jealousy. Look Gabe, back off. He's my friend, and if you can't accept him- you can't accept me." I said, getting up and striding across the lawn.

A third reason to not date Gabe Saporta: He's tremendously jealous.
I walked back over to Nick who looked really layed back.

"May I have this dance?" I asked, a flirtacious smile on my face.

Maybe that was a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a filler.
Sorry.
Sorry its taken so long to get it out.
I've been busy with portfolios.[=
Please forgive me. <3

What do you guys think about this story? What do you guys think will happen?
Oh and it is will be ending in the next few chapters or so- should there be a sequal?