What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Two

When I had walked past the boys to the restaurant, I caught the eye of the boy with the dreadlocks. I felt his eyes on me and I swayed my hips a bit as I walked.

Soon after I sat down in Eduardo's, the two boys left the lobby. Off to their rooms I presumed.

My late lunch, early dinner went smoothly, although I didn't see the boy with the dreadlocks again. The food was good and the service was fast, just like it had been for the past few nights. This was my third day here.

By the time I had finished eating, the sun had gone down quite a bit and even though dusk was right around the corner, I knew it would still be warm outside.

I left the restaurant and headed back to my room, deciding that I would go for a swim.

I walked back along the stone path, completely unaware of anything other than the beautiful plant life around me. A person could loose themselves in this colourful scenery. I was pulled out of my trance when I heard two loud voices coming from the other end of the path.

I looked up to see the two boys from the lobby walking towards me, laughing loudly as they walked. They were both only in swim shorts and the boy without dreadlocks' hair had lost serious volume. As they got closer, I realized that they were not speaking English.

Too distracted by their conversation, as I passed the boys on the path, the one with the lip ring walked right into me, crashing his left arm with my own.

''Sorry.'' He said and then dove back into his conversation with his friend.

That little bit of contact, no matter how unorthodox, sent another wave of attraction over me. I couldn't help it. That boy was fit.

By what they were wearing, I assumed that the two of them were either going to the pool or the beach. What a wonderful coincidence that I was headed there too.

In my room, I changed quickly into a red, yellow, and orange floral bikini. It was very tropical. I tied the matching wrap around around my waist and headed for the pool.

I didn't see the boys, there were probably on the beach. Even though it was just about dark, the beach was dotted with Hawaiian lamps and would be beautiful at this time of early evening.

I took off my wrap and dropped it onto a chair poolside. I then dove headfirst into the pool. The second the water hit my body, I felt instantly refreshed. But with that refreshing feeling came a reminder of why I was here. My goal my coming here was to escape relationships, men, and the crappy relationship karma that seemed to be attached to me at the hip.

So why was I getting so hot and bothered about this guy? Sure he was sexy as the Devil, but wasn't fawning over him counter productive?

Maybe though, just maybe, this guy was the one who could break my bad streak. Maybe that was why I was so attracted to him.

I had done quite a few laps by the time I was finished having this internal argument with myself. My legs were tired and when I came up out of the water, the sun was virtually gone, the patio lit by colored lanterns, creating a dim almost romantic glow. I climbed out of the pool and went to the lounge chair that I had left my wrap on. Next to it was now sitting a towel. I liked this resort.

I rang most of the water out of my hair and then shoot it out, giving it a wet, wavy look. I toweled off the rest of my body and then tied my wrap back around my waist. I then headed for the poolside bar.

Only as I sat down at the bar did I see the boys with the dreadlocks. He was sitting opposite me on the other end of the large half circle counter. The bartender came over right away and I ordered my drink. The minimum age to stay at this resort was eighteen and the drinking age nineteen, like in Canada. I was nineteen.

When the bartender put my drink in front of my, I thanked him. As I drank, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the boy with the dreadlocks looking at me.

When I lowered my glass and it was obvious that I had seen him looking at me, he lifted his own class and looked away. But I didn't. this time, he caught me looking at him. It was almost like a game of tag, except I wasn't running. My eyes only strayed from his face to look slowly up and down his half naked body.

When my eyes returned to his face, one corner of his mouth was turned up in a half smirk. I took another sip of my drink and caught him doing the same thing to me. When I lowered my glass, I ran my tongue slowly, suggestively, across my top lip.

''Did I really just do that?'' I asked myself in total disbelief. I was supposed to be forgetting about men, not this!

His one sided smirk turned into a full-fledged smile and the majority of my inhibitions flew out the window at the sight. He had a beautiful smile.

The boy with black hair suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sat down next to the boy who I'd been having eye-sex with for the past few minutes, stealing his attention from me.

Without his beautiful face to egg on my oh-so counterproductive actions, I came to a decision.

If I was in fact going to continue what I'd started here today, I was going to play hard to get. I wasn't going to fall as easily as I had before, I had learned from my mistakes and I had every intention of using that to my advantage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter of the night! Hope you're liking it this far!

Thanks to everyone who read, commented, or subscribed! I appreciate it!