What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Twenty-four

Breakfast with the boys went without a hitch. We ate, we talked, we laughed. I had to admit that even though Tom had been the object of my desire, I was becoming quite fond of Bill. He was starting to feel like more of a friend instead of simply 'the brother of the guy who I'm sleeping with'.

We wandered the resort for a while after breakfast before we ended up on the beach. We had run into the girl had been with last night –Rachel her name turned out to be- and now the four of us were out in the water, swimming and splashing like ten year olds.

I was on Tom's shoulders and Rachel on Bill's and we had started a pseudo wrestling match. The first ones to fall would loose.

''Bite her! Scratch her!'' Tom cheered from under me and I laughed as I tried to pull Rachel into the water.

''Go for her eyes!'' Bill said and all four of us burst out laughing.

I took Rachel's temporary distraction as an opportunity to win the game. I pushed her sideways and she and Bill toppled into the water.

''Yea!'' Tom and I cheered in unison as I threw my arms in the air.

''Rematch!'' Bill demanded when he popped out of the water.

''Not even! You loose!'' Tom said. He removed his hands from my thighs and I pinched my nose before dropping backwards into the water.

When I surfaced, Tom was right there. He caught me as I came out of the water and pulled me into a deep kiss. I was temporarily stunned.

''Everything's an excuse to touch each other for these two.'' Bill said as I pulled away from Tom with a smile.

We spent a good part of the day on the beach and when the sun started to go down, we retired to the poolside bar. We sat and drank and talked for a while before Tom disrupted the conversation.

''Well it's about time for us to get to bed.'' He said with a stretch and I furrowed my eyebrows. It was only nine. I had to get up early tomorrow but not that early.

''Can't you fuck her later? We're having fun.'' Bill said. Tom didn't answer, he simply winked, took my hand and started to walk away from the bar.

I followed rather reluctantly. I mean I was all for having one last night of mind-blowing sex with Tom, but we were having a good time with his brother. He made it seem like he was a sex addict or something.

''Why did you do that?'' I asked as we got to our floor.

''We were having fun.'' I added.

''Because.'' He said as he pulled his key out of his pocket.

''Because?'' I pressed.

''Because I didn't want it to get too late.'' He said as the lock on the door clicked.

''Too late? I know I have to get up early but you're being a little ridiculous.'' I told him. He opened the door and we stepped in. it was dark and I couldn't see anything.

''I mean it's not like-'' I stopped mid sentence and my eyes went wide when Tom turned on the light.

At the usually empty table sat an assortment of food –suddenly it was clear why Tom hadn't eaten much at dinner and I wished I was hungrier- and beside it a bottle of wine submerged in ice. The room was dotted with yet to be lit candles.

''I never said anything about having to wake up early.'' He said softly as he closed the door.

''Oh my god Tom, you did all of this?'' I asked, turning to him.

''I told you we'd make this last day count.'' He said with a smile.

It almost brought tears to my eyes. here I was with this guy I hardly knew who had gone Don Juan on his hotel room for someone he barely knew and I couldn't think of anything to say. Instead I pressed my lips tightly to his in a sweet, appreciative kiss.

''You're welcome.'' He said, a smile still in place on his lips.

He grabbed a lighter from the table and went around lighting the candles. I flicked the lights off and the few candles he had gotten to already gave the room an atmosphere that was oh-so romantic.

Even though when I arrived at this island I had been bent on keeping to myself and forgetting that men existed, I was glad I'd met Tom. There was something about him that charmed me in a way that couldn't be explained. He was sweet and funny, knew how to do anything and everything just right, and yet there was one thought that floated in the back of my mind that I had ignored thus far that suddenly hitched a ride on my train of thought.

Was he going to remember my name after this? After a few days? After a few weeks? After a few months? A part of me wanted to believe he would, that I'd touched him on a level deeper than skin, but my more rational side told me not to kid myself, that he was probably using me for a good lay just as I had done to him.

I mean, he was pretty good at this whole 'shock and awe' thing and that's a skill that only comes with practice. As much as I hated to think about it, he'd probably done this to one girl for every vacation he'd ever been on.

I quickly shut down that thought though as Tom walked back towards the table. It could wait until later. All the candles were lit now and it was as if the room itself was glowing.

We talked idly as we ate although I found myself distracted through most of the conversation by the way the candle light made Tom look. It accentuated his jaw line and seemed to make all of his features look more perfect than usual. I'd never wanted him more.

When we'd finished the 'main course' of our makeshift dinner, I started to pop grapes in my mouth as I listened to Tom talk. Suddenly he stopped mid sentence and held his mouth open. I furrowed my eyebrows questioningly. He pointed at my grapes and I smiled.

''Ready?'' I asked as I got ready to throw the tiny fruit and he nodded.

I threw the grape and it bounced off of the side of his face.

''Ow.'' He laughed and so did I.

A few more grapes thrown –only one caught- and I decided to change the game. I put a grape between my lips and leaned towards him. He smirked and removed the grape from my mouth with his own.

All the candles in the room had started to melt, we'd been in here for almost two hours. As I went to retrieve one of the grapes that had bounced off of Tom's face, I bumped on of the candles and it almost fell to the floor.

As I stood it back up, I blew it out along with a few others near it. I was paranoid that we were going to burn the resort down.

''Hey, it took me a while to light those.'' Tom said playfully and I raised one eyebrow.

''What? These?'' I asked, blowing out a few more.

I smirked and started to blow out as many as possible. It was a game. Tom got up and raced towards me as I bent over to blow out a few more. I'd gotten to at least half of the room. He grabbed me around the waist from behind and I squeaked with surprise.

He laughed at my squeak and I giggled. We stood like that for a second, his arms wrapped around me, his head on my shoulder. I reached up and gently ran my hand down one of his cheeks and then turned my head to kiss the one nearest me.

But that touch, led to touching, and that kiss led to kissing and the combination led us to the bed. Go figure.

Hands were everywhere, lips were attached, clothes were shed.

Something seemed different this time. Every movement, touch, kiss, was deliberate, meaningful, like the subconscious parts of us that controlled foreplay knew just as well as the conscious parts that this was our last time.

Tom's hands moved in such a way that it was like they were trying to memorize every curve of my body, like they didn't want to forget this. My body on the other hand seemed to have a mind of its own as it refused to be out of touch with Tom's for more than a few seconds, as if it didn't want this to end.

When the last article of clothing that was my underwear was finally removed he eased slowly into me, causing me to throw my head back in a low moan. He connected his lips with my neck and began to kiss and suck lightly as he continued at a steady pace.

Another moan escaped me as he hit that spot designed to make every girl scream and I felt him smile against my skin. I reconnected my lips with his and kissed him deeply as I knotted my hands in his dreadlocks, pulling slightly as pleasure crashed over me in waves.

The muscles in my stomach were unbearably tight and I was right on the edge. A few more thrusts and I fell over, screaming as I came. Tom followed almost instantly, grasping my hips tightly and moaning as he did.

He rode out our orgasms and then collapsed beside me, one arm draped over me as we tried to catch our breath.

Tom pulled me towards him and I heard him chuckle almost inaudibly.

''What?'' I asked quietly, turning my head so that we were face to face.

''I'm going to miss that.'' he said.

''What part?'' I replied with a smirk.

''Hearing you scream.'' He whispered, his lips brushing my ear with each word.

''I thought so.'' I chuckled softly. My eyes started to fall closed.

''And this too.'' He said and I opened my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows quizzically.

''This.'' He said, pulling me tighter against him and kissing me softly on the lips.

''Me too.'' I sighed.

My eyes started to fall closed again and my breathing slowed. As I reached the point of no return, I heard Tom's voice.

''Und sie auch.''

And for the last time, I fell asleep in his arms.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

''And this too.'' I said and she looked at me as if to ask what I mean.

''This.'' I told her, pulling her tightly against me and kissing her lips.

''Me too.'' She replied.

Of all the things I would miss about her, I was going to miss falling asleep next to her, and having her in my arms when I woke up.

When I heard her breathing slow and thought for sure that she was asleep, I made a confession I wouldn't have when she was listening.

''And you too.'' I whispered. Along with everything about her I was going to miss, I was going to miss just her the most.

And then for the last time, I fell asleep in her arms.