What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Forty-eight

''Oh Ka-ate!'' Jessica sang from my door.

''What?'' I mumbled sleepily.

''What are you doing in two hours?'' she asked. I looked at the clock; it was noon. Jessica and I had stayed up to watch come B-horror movie last night.

''Having lunch?'' I asked and she made a buzzer noise.

''Wrong.''

''Then what am I doing all knowing one?'' I asked and she giggled.

''You're going to double date with me and Jordan.''

''No way Jessica, I'm not taking Tom on a date. Have you totally forgotten-''

''AND,'' she cut in. ''Jordan's friend Derek.''

''Oh really?'' I asked, one eyebrow slightly raised.

''Yup, Derek just flew in from Spain and Jordan invited him to come and I said I'd bring you.'' She told me.

''Is he a-''

''Super model?'' she finished for me. ''Yup, and single too.'' She winked.

''Then I'd better get dressed!'' I said, swinging my legs out of bed.

''Or you could just go naked.'' Jessica suggested.

''Oh he'd love me for sure then.'' I said and she laughed.

I managed to drag out the getting ready process for an hour and a half and Jessica and I killed the rest of the time sitting at the island in the kitchen and talking about what Derek would look like.

When there was finally a knock at the door, Jessica's face lit up and she ran to get it.

''Hey!'' she said excitedly, throwing her arms around Jordan's neck.

''Hi there.'' He said, kissing her cheek.

''Kate!'' Jordan smiled. ''It's good to see you.''

''Good to see you too. I'd ask what you've been up to but I've been hearing all about that.'' I replied and Jessica blushed.

''Oh this is my friend Derek, he just flew in from Spain a few days ago.'' Derek stepped into my line of view and my breath caught in my throat.

Now standing in my doorway –along with the fine ass blonde supermodel- was a Greek god…ok Spanish god.

Derek's body, although covered in clothes, was obviously sculpted like that of a statue. His skin was such a colour that it looked to be in a state of permanent tan. His hair, black and accenting his features perfectly, hind at a neat length that suited him perfectly.
And his eyes, oh god his eyes. They were such a deep brown that they were almost black yet retained the warmth of a hundred suns and my insides seemed to melt a little when he looked at me.

''I'm Jessica, and this is my heterosexual life mate Kate.'' Jessica said, shaking Derek's hand and nodding to me.

''Hi.'' I smiled as he shook my hand.

''It's nice to meet you.'' He said, returning my smile and I almost fainted at the sight. His voice was like sugar coated silk, sweet and so smooth.

''Shall we get going?'' Jordan asked, reminding me that there were other people there.

''Sounds good to me.'' Jessica said. She pushed me out the door, locked it, and then the four of us headed down the hall.

I was just behind Derek as we walked and I noticed how his hips moved when he walked. A little unnoticeable shiver rippled through me.

We rode in silence in the elevator and then it occurred to me that I had no clue where we were going.

''So where exactly are we going?'' I asked as we left the elevator.

''I was actually thinking that we could go to the park. I head that there's some kind of show or something going on. 'The International Picnic' I think it's called.'' Jordan said.

''Sounds like fun.'' Jessica said.

We left the building and the boys showed us to a black charger parked in front of our building. Jordan and Jessica got in the front, leaving me and Derek to sit in the back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, the last post of the double posting week! Haha, how many of you already don't like Derek?

Thanks for reading!