Sequel: One Last Line
Status: COMPLETE (Check out the sequel.)

It's Pronounced Mrotek, Baby

Depression Affects Us All

I pushed my plate away from me, not hungry.

I sighed and rested my head on my arms.

I couldn't take it, or believe it.

He just couldn't be..gone.

"Tatiana, you're looking awfully depressed lately. Do you think you should talk to Dr. Owens again?" My mother said the words like they were absolutely nothing.

"Ma, my fucking best friend died!" I screamed the words at her, slamming my fists into the table.

Zach passed away a week ago. His parents had put together a small funeral, and told everyone he'd been a car crash. Truth was, he'd had a drug crash. He had OD'd and collapsed. Never to wake up again. I was kind of disgusted now that I realized that was what had happened to him. He'd died because of drugs.

She looked at me sternly, mentally threatening me. Those words and that attitude must go. Your lucky we brought you back in after that boy was killed. Treat us with courtesy.

"No therapist is going to help me through this. It's that simple."

"I don't think Dr. Owens could handle this, myself. What about that boy..Andy, is it? Where has he been?" My father chewed when he stopped talking. Sort of business-like, really.

"Andy's been around. He knows I need time alone." It kind of hurt to think of Andy. He and Zach had sided against drugs for me, both looking out for me. Andy hadn't thought to look out for Zach, though.

"I want to meet Andy." He said. Like it was simple.

To a business man like himself, it was.
-

"Andy, you have to. Please. Please."

"Is this like a test? I helped you with your other issue and now.."

"I don't know. I just need this. I need a place to stay, and this is it."

He agreed, and we were all scheduled for dinner at 7 o'clock Sunday evening.
-

I was very, very, very impressed with Andy. I mean, Andrew.

He wore nice dress pants, and shiny shoes.

He wore a tank top, yes, but my parents couldn't tell under his jacket.

I only knew because I guess he missed me.

He pulled me aside outside of the restaurant, holding and kissing me. We hadn't actually seen each other in a few days, and he couldn't sustain his sexual frustrations as well as I could. I, though, was in a dark, dark hole compared to him.

The dinner went fine.

Mom seemed to actually like Andy. I'm kind of scared about the way she likes him though. I caught her watching him walk away after he excused himself to the restroom.

My father laughed with him and they bonded..sorta.

Andy told my Dad that his grandmother would roll over in her grave if she'd seen him put salt on his food before he tasted it.

My Dad responded, and the stories started.

I didn't talk much, because our waiter's hair had the same highlights as Zach, and his voice sounded like his.
♠ ♠ ♠
It wasn't my idea to kill Zack, it was Bre's.
I like the idea, though.
Oddly enough.

Don't kill me, Bre! I know you wanted to kill someone.
Just not yourself.