Why Would He Believe in Me?

I'd Kill For The Sun To Never Rise Again.

I looked at myself in the window of the shop. I was small. Too small. And skinny, too skinny. My hair was dark brown, with heavy layers and a thick fringe. My skin was pale, my eyes green. Nothing interesting. So why was everyone looking at me?! 'Your just paranoid' I told myself. But it wasn’t reassuring.
I pulled my hands up inside the sleeves of my hoodie, kicking a stone, awkwardly. Why was Shayleigh taking so long? All she wanted was gum for Christ sake!
I started chewing my nails. It was a nasty habit I’d acquired in America. I spat out the chipped black nail polish.
I stood around for another few minutes but it was getting silly. She’d been in there almost fifteen minute. FOR GUM! I could just go in the shop and find her, but the shop was crowded, it was 3:15 and the schools had just let the pupils out and they were all loose with there spare change. Like a kid in a candy store. I'd never seen the appeal of sugar myself...

So, instead of simply going in and forcing her out, like anyone else would of done, I just started walking. We'd been back in Sheffield about a week and I knew how to get the apartment now, even though my sense of direction was atrocious. Then, i heard her.

"Nic, where are you going?"

I turned around. She stood, all confuse, head cocked to the side. She had a packet of chewing gum in one hand and scrap of paper in the other. Next to her stood a short, sort of stocky guy. He had short black hair with a blonde streak in. He looked familiar, but I didn’t know why.

I picked at the cotton inside my sleeve and reluctantly began to close the 10 or so feet between us.

"This is Lee" Shayleigh beams. "He just invited me to a party tonight. Your invited too."

My heart beat doubled. Party? Was she crazy?

"I know you're not a big party goer but its our fist real Friday here and I’ve never been to an English party!"

She says English as if it were some kind of world famous celebrity or something. I could also tell by her tone of voice that her mind was made up and that we were BOTH going and she was only putting it across to me like this out of politeness.
I give the worlds smallest nod, I didn’t think she'd see, but she must of been watching so closely that the moment I moved she jumped and hugged me tightly.

"Thanks Nic! You wont' regret this, I promise!"

She shouldn’t be making promises she cant keep.

"Tonight then." Lee grins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, while im inspired, I'll just churn it out. =] Likey ?