I Can't Let Go of This Love

Through The Fire And Flames

Matt POV

The next morning didn’t have a nice wake up, I didn’t wake up nest to Kira, or to her voice coming from the bathroom as she showered, or even the thought that she would be downstairs waiting for me. I woke to Brian calling my name from down the hall. Getting out of bed, I quickly made myself look decent before leaving the room and walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. Emilie and Brian were sitting at the table quietly eating breakfast.

“Hey,” Brian said as he seen me in the doorway, I smiled weakly and walked through the door. Emilie gave me a hard glare and stood abruptly, she exited the room pretty hasty. Brian sighed before cleaning up the dished that were sitting on the table. I sat at the table and grabbed the remaining piece of toast before beginning to eat it. “What are you going to do today?” Brian asked, I looked up at him, already knowing my answer.

“I’m going over to see the kids and win her back…. I just can’t let her go,” I answered, Brian nodded.

“I didn’t think you would,” he stated with a small smile, I quickly finished my toast and grabbed my car keys.

“I’m leaving now,” I exclaimed as I headed for the door. Once outside, I got in my car and headed in the direction of my home. The house I bought when I first married Kira, the house that held out happy memories and the house I thought I’d grow old with her in. it was by the beach, only ten minutes by car. I smiled fondly as I saw the house in the distance, pulling into the driveway, I saw the kids playing on the grass. They looked at the car before immediately jumping to their feet, I stopped the car and got out, catching them as they jumped at me. I lifted them into my arms and smiled as they wrapped their arms around my neck. I walked towards the house, a spring in my step. The door was open and Kira was sitting on a bench on the porch.

“Hey,” he said but quickly stopped as her hand jumped to her stomach.

“How far along are you?” I asked as I set the kids on their feet and sat next to Kira.

“Eight months, I found out I was pregnant a month after you left,” she stated, I nodded, almost forgetting that I had been gone over seven months, I sighed knowing I had messed up. “Are you hungry?” Kira asked, I shook my head.

“I just ate,” I explained, she nodded and stood up, placing her hand on her lower back before groaning.

“October, don't throw that,” Kira yelled, looking out into the garden, I saw my little girl holding a rock and aiming for a tree, she quickly dropped the rock and turned to look at her mother, an ‘innocent’ glint in her green eyes. I chuckled and soon noticed Kira, was also laughing. “Come inside,” she demanded, both children rushing to the door and running inside. I felt like an outsider, watching her with our kids, knowing that she didn’t need me. I rose from the bench, and walked towards the car. “you not coming inside?” Kira asked, I looked at her and smiled widely before following her inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the delay on this one, but i had a long week and weekend. I went to see Fall out Boy in concert. I would like five comments or more and i'll update! thank you all for reading.