Status: FINALLY FINISHED!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me...A Gorgeous Sadistic Vampire?

Thirty: What You Do

Image

Bloodlust was an interesting sensation. While I knew that I couldn't bite Harrison; it wouldn't do anything because there's something about the process that is purposefully defective. But I found myself aching for some part of him. Or all of him. I needed to be near him so badly, and I was supposed to be concentrating on that deer about 30 yards ahead of me.

Harrison stood a respectful amount behind me, giving me, as a hunter, my rightful space. I wondered if he knew how much I yearned to turn around and jump him. I hadn't even noticed how thirsty I was until I got the first whiff of the deer's blood. No human's had affected me that way while we were at the cafe, and that'd only been about an hour ago. Here I was, torn between the desire to sink my fangs into the flesh of that buck, and the other desire to let Harrison sink himself into me.

My eyes widened in mortification at such a graphic thought. I thanked the good Lord that we were in the same area, so that he could not hear my thoughts. I couldn't imagine anything more embarrassing than Harrison knowing what I was going through right now.

I found myself backing up slowly, away from the deer. The more I thought about the vampire behind me, the less intrigued I became with the animal's blood. I closed my eyes and focused every fiber of my being on Harrison. I could practically taste his clean, sweet scent. Everything about him appealed to me right now, and I didn't understand why I was suddenly losing control.

A gasp erupted from behind me, and I knew. Somehow, I knew that he understood what I was thinking. I had projected my thoughts so fiercely at him, that the wall between our thoughts collapsed and it no longer mattered that we weren't in the same room. The very thing I feared happening, happened. He heard what I was thinking.

"Dammit, Joanalie!" he growled, rushing up to me. His hands laced around my elbows in a grip that would have hurt had I not (quite literally) had such a thick skin. I looked up into his eyes, although my own pair were fighting to look other places. His eyes were no longer a vivid purple color; they looked more like maroon gems. They'd darkened and gotten redder. They hadn't been that color only a few minutes ago.

"What?" I asked innocently, giving him my best puppy-dog eyes, and trailing my fingers down his arm. Somewhere, in the still reasonable part of my brain, I was completely abashed by my attempt at seduction. I wasn't quite thinking with my head though.

"I forgot about the, ahem, other way to quench your, ah, bloodlust," he explained remorsefully, his eyes tight. He was holding something back. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, but I could see that he was working very hard to keep his expression neutral and not to allow his eyes to portray any emotion.

The dominating part of me wasn't thinking straight. I heard what he was saying, but didn't think much of it. All I could think about was how much I wanted him - needed him - right this second. "And what's that?" I asked.

"The other way," he began slowly and deliberately, as I began walking circles around him, trailing my hands over the muscles of his back and shoulders. "To satisfy this thirst is by sexually interacting with another immortal."

I knew what this meant. I understood that I would not be acting this way if I hadn't been so thirsty. That didn't mean what I was feeling was completely fake, though. Did it? "What's wrong with that?" I whispered, stopping in front of him and snaking my arms around his neck, the tips of my fingers playing with his hair.

"Joanalie, there is nothing wrong with that. It's just, we are both in the state of bloodlust right now, and we can't be doing anything that we would regret later, no matter how much either of us wants to right now," he explained in a strained voice. "Now, go kill that buck!"

I reluctantly pulled away from him with a small sigh. It was relieving that he was going through the same thing I was, at least a little bit. But how come he had so much better control over it? Had he had many years of hunting with seductive teenage hybrids? Or, at least ones that were attempting to be seductive.

"Besides," he said in a lighter tone. "Legally, we wouldn't be allowed anyway. You're technically only seventeen."

A frown played across my features. I turned back to face him, a little bit insulted by that, even if he was teasing. I was wearing a loose button-down shirt, so one-by-one, I undid those buttons.

"Do I look seventeen to you?" I asked. It was a perfectly reasonable question. After all, I was in 25-year-old body.

Then, I was quite satisfied by Harrison's reaction, even if I wasn't quite myself. He grabbed onto the flaps of my shirt and pulled me to him roughly before crashing his lips against mine. I smiled against his mouth before our tongues began dancing joyfully.

My arms slid around is torso this time as his hands latched onto my hips. This felt so right. Why couldn't we have just started like this a couple of minutes ago?

Then, he gently pulled away and I remembered. If we got any more carried away, regrets would occur, and all that. I tried to keep myself from pouting, because I didn't like to be the kind of needy girl who wasn't happy unless she was making out. But, in my state of mind, I couldn't help it.

"You really shouldn't make that face," he scolded, trying to conceal a smile. His eyes had only gotten darker and redder. That didn't make sense to me. If he was thirsty, and we'd just kissed, shouldn't that fix the color a little instead of make it worse?

"Why not?" I asked defiantly, feeling like a child. As hard as I tried to wipe the stupid pout off my lips, it just kept coming back. Now, I was getting angry, and I couldn't tell if it was with myself or with the vampire in front of me.

"Because it's making it much harder for me to keep my distance," he breathed out. "Now go feed of that damn deer before it runs away." Then he snorted. As if anything in this forest could outrun us.

"OK," I shrugged. He hadn't told me how to do anything, but said it would come instinctively. I remembered my battle stance from training sessions with Harrison, and other times after that with a different immortal . . . Anyway, I crouched into said stance, and swiftly glided over to where the buck was grazing. It didn't hear my footsteps.

I looked down to realize that I wasn't making any footsteps anyway. When I'd mentioned gliding, I had actually been hovering a few inches above the rustling leaves. Flying, again . . . of course! Focusing on the air between my feet and the earth, I willed that space to increase.

It worked. I went so high that I nearly one of the branches on a tree that I was standing below. Did I mention that Harrison and I were in the middle of a highly populated forest where hunting was legal?

Then, I angled my body like an arrow aiming for the deer before kicking off the tree with my feet. Fast as a bullet, I had my elongated fangs sinking into the flesh of that buck. It died painlessly, and I nearly sucked it dry. Maybe all that making out with Harrison had done was to increase my bloodlust. Was that possibly the reason for the increased redness in his eyes? Maybe the thirst built up so entirely while two beings were just fooling around until they actually had sex.

Now, while I still felt attracted to Harrison, as I always did lately, I no longer felt the immediate need to jump him. Or, at least, I was in control of myself.

Then, I sat down, completely and utterly satisfied. It was the best feeling in the world; not needing anything. Then, I realized something that made me frown.

I thought only human blood could satisfy your thirst like that. Animal blood was supposed to only make your physical body feel full, but not quite satisfied.That's what Harrison had told me.

And when he came up to me in vampire form to, literally, lick me clean (of blood, perverts!=), I asked him why that was, albeit I was a little distracted. I looked down at myself. My hands were covered in blood and there was some dripping from my face that I could feel as well. I realized I was in my vampire form as well. I knew I was taller, and my skin was cloud white and shiny. My nails had turned to razor-sharp claws, and tendony, sinewy muscles covered my rock-hard shell of a body. Lustrous black hair flew all around me, though there was no breeze.

Harrison was in a similar state of appearance, with much shorter hair, and bigger-looking muscles. I couldn't help but drink him in while he nibbled on my fingers with needle-point teeth that were harmless to my skin, and then sensually kissed my face clean of the rest of the mess.

Oh, what he did to me.

©Copyrighted
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I thought this one came out pretty fast! Ha ha, well it seemed fast to me, at least! I hope you liked it, and it's super long! Um, right?
Also, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but my updates come out a lot quicker the more comments there are. I know there are 110 subscirbers (thanks to you all!) but only about five people comment between every chapter. I would like to maybe double that amount between chapters thirty and thirty-one? Please, I just like knowing what everyone thinks of the chapter, and what they did or didn't like about it.
I really do appreciate all the support I'm getting though. Sorry for the obnoxiously long Author's note!!

♥MK