Sequel: Let's Fade Away

You Shine Brighter Than Anyone

Chapter 11

Blaire’s POV
Mason and I walked down to the lounge and watched. I then fell asleep. Blah.

Mason’s POV
I was watching the movie and all of a sudden Blaire’s breath slowed. She had fallen asleep. Since I was pretty close to falling asleep myself, I turned off the TV and carried her bridal style up to her room. I opened the door and lay her one her bed. I went and got changed into pajamas. I walked back into her room and closed the door behind me. I then went over and lay in her bed beside her. I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her into my chest, and she instantly snuggled into me. I brushed hair away from her face smiling and then drifted off to sleep.
I woke up two hours later, Blaire looked like she was about to wake up, but didn’t want to. I laughed at her face. She crinkled her face up because of the sun and rolled over and shoved her face in her pillow. I laughed and got up and closed the curtains she had for the window and sliding door.
“Thank you, Mason.”
“No problem.” I lay back down on the bed and resumed our other position.
“You have huge feet.” She said laughing.
“Yeah, better to stomp haters with my love.” I said laughing. We both were laughing and then I remembered how I fell in love with such a wonderful girl. All of my other girlfriends my mom loved. As in they were blond, preps that were on the cheerleading squad or the dance committee. The ones who were popular. The ‘pretty girls’. You know what mom, even if you don’t think so, Blaire’s my pretty girl. All the ones she liked cheated on me, and I bet now they’re saying crap about how they ‘dated’ me. I wouldn’t even call them my girlfriends.

Blaire’s POV

Stupid sun. It was cold, but it was sunny? I don’t get science nowadays. But anyway, my phone started ringing to ‘Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down’ by Fall Out Boy, which meant it was none other than Hayley Williams.
‘Blaire, can I come visit? It gets boring down here.’
‘Ha- lemme ask Bryan.’
‘Okay :]’ I hit a button and was sending a text to my brother.
‘Hey Bry-Bro, Hayley wants to know if she can swing by for a visit.’
‘Tell her to come, I miss her :[.’
‘Okay :] love you.’
‘Love you.’ I then sent Hayley a text.
‘Hey, Bry-Bro said you can come-oh. :]’
‘Sweet! I’ll be down in about one business week.’
‘Don’t get all technical or I’ll have to kick you out xD’
‘Fine, I’ll be there in 5 days then. XD You cant do that!’
‘Oh yeah, who said! :O’
‘Government! I’m going to let you hang out with lover boy. I’ll text you later ;D’
‘Loser :] Mmkay-I cant fight with government. Talk to you later.’
She didn’t send a text back. Figures. I looked over at Mason and he was just laying there.
“What?” I asked after a couple minutes.
“Nothing. Just nothing.” He said smiling.
“Okay, well if you weren’t reading over my shoulder then Hayley’s coming.”
“Sweet! I miss her. She was always keeping caffeine away from you and Brendon.”
“Ha, Brendon hasn’t found out where we keep the coffee supply yet.”
“Oh, this is going to be bad.” Mason said smiling.
“What?”
“Bryan told Brendon where the coffee supply was.” He said looking at his phone.
“Bryan’s stupid. Now we’re either stuck or we’re murdered so…”
“Ha, I know right.”
“Yeah.” I said resting my head in the crook of his neck. He wrapped an arm around me pulling me closer to him and kissed the top of my head.
“You know I have to leave for a day when Hayley gets here?” Mason asked.
“What?”
“When Hayley gets here I have to go meet up with the rest of my band to write.”
“Fun, Fun.” I said smiling.
“Yeah. You can say that again.”
“Fun, Fun.” I said in the same tone.
“Nice.” Mason said laughing.
A COUPLE DAYS LATER
Mason and I were lounging around on the couch when the doorbell rang. I stood from the couch in Bryan’s studio, Mason following me, and went up the stairs. As soon as I got the door open I was crushed in a bear hug by none other than Hayley Williams.
“Hayley…I can’t breathe.” I finally managed to get out.
“You can crush her if you absolutely want to.” Mason said laughing. Hayley then gave him a rib crushing hug.
“Guys, I’ve missed you too much for you to go uncrushed.”
“Goodie.” We both said.
“Where is your brother?” Hayley asked.
“Basement.”
“Lets go then!” She said dragging my hand to the basement door.
We walked into the basement, Kayla running to Hayley to give her a hug, Bryan close behind. Panic at the Disco soon did the same. The Maine introduced themselves and gave her a hug, John sneaking looks at her. What a perv. Mason must’ve been thinking the same, because he wrapped his arms around my waist and brought his face to my ear and let out a chuckle. I rolled my eyes, smiling. Mason’s phone made some stupid noise he has just to annoy me to no end, and he rushed over to it, looking at a text. His face fell as he read farther into the text.
“Blaire, can I talk to you upstairs?”
“Yeah.” I said following him.
When we got up the stairs we stood for a couple seconds, him probably trying to figure out how to say whatever he had to say.
“What’d you need Mason?”
“Blake and Anthony are picking me up and dropping Trace off here. Trace needed to see your brother.”
“Where is that upsetting, hun?”
“I’m afraid he’ll do something stupid and hurt you,” he said taking a few steps toward me and stroked my hair. His eyes glistened, which made my knees tremble. He noticed and smiled a crooked smile.
“He won’t hurt me Mason.”
“But you don’t know. Trace is like and annoying pest. He won’t go away.”
“I know that but…I don’t know. Um. I could go with you.”
“Sorry, but you can’t. Me and the guys are planning a surprise.”
“A surprise? Yummy.” I said smiling.
“Yep, you’ll see it later tonight.”
“Cool. I can put up with Trace.”
“Are you positive? I don’t know what I’d do without you. And if he hurts you, that would be painful for me.”
“Mason, if he does anything, you know he’d be dead.”
“What is it with you and being adorable?” he asked smiling and letting a small chuckle pass his lips.
“I don’t know, maybe my handsome boyfriend rubbed off on me,” I said pecking his lips. He smiled and kissed my forehead.
“Now I have to talk to Hayley ‘bout your surprise.”
“Kay, hun. Love you.”
“Love you, too.” He said. I walked down the stairs to the basement, and got Hayley.
Hayley’s POV
I was joking around with everyone, except Mason and Blaire, and Bryan was working on editing a song my band did for Twilight. John kept staring at me, and if I didn’t know better I’d slap him and call him a pervert to his face. Please let Blaire or Mason come down those steps any minute now, telling me something of mine is being destroyed by a neighborhood dog. Whoa, I’m good.
“Hey Hayley, Mason needs to talk to you upstairs.” She said coming to sit on a couch next to Ryan and Brendon. I guess her and Ryan solved some problems, because they were talking to each other and not screaming. Blaire started to smile at something Ryan said and hit his shoulder lightly. Yay, no more fighting. I climbed up the stairs, two at a time. The faster I get away from John, the better.
“Mason what’d you need?”
“I need major help. I’m planning a party for Blaire and my 5th anniversary.”
“Really? Only 5 months?”
:Yeah. And I’ve been recording a cd for her, but Anthony and Blake are helping me make the party awesome. Can you get Blaire ready and Bryan will take you.”
“I’d be more than happy, Mas.”
“Thank you so much! Don’t tell her, and dress formal.” He said hugging me.
“Kay then.” I called Blaire up and she hugged and kissed Mason. Thank god they left Trace in California.
“Hey Blaire, Hey Hayley.” Blake said.
“Aw, it’s Mason’s favorite girly and my best friends!” Ant said happily.
Blaire kissed Mason again and Mason left with Anthony and Blake. Now I know what true love and love and first sight looks like. I may be in for some of my own.