Elementalist

Chapter 12- Jerry

The wind hit me on my face. It was fast moving, cold, and probably angry as well. I looked at
Terry, who shivered, "You're cold."

"No, I'm not," she lied and looked at me. I gave her a look of appreciation, and stared at the stars.

 "Jerry," it wasn't Terry's voice, "We may have found where the Air Elementalist, Connor, lives."

I looked out on the vast open land of darkness then turned to look at Ron, "where?"

 "Not very far from here. It’s a ten minute walk from here," Ron said, dusting himself off from the dirt that clung to his clothes.

 I stepped up and my power balls floated out in the distance, not very far off from the edge of the building, and I stepped on them. I offered my hand to Terry, "Wish to join me?"

She looked down at first and shook her head, "No, I'll stay here."

"Okay. What about you, Ron?" I looked at the empty space where Ron was but he had disappeared, as usual. "Never mind, be safe, Terry."

 "You be safe, Jerry," Terry laughed as I disappeared into the darkness of the night.
 
 

I dropped from the air and landed on my feet. I looked around the cared area. David was leaning against one of the cars, annoyed look on his face. Ron stood next to him and waved when he saw me.

"Well," I asked David and Ron. David looked up at me, semi-sad look in his eye, and then went back to sulking in his own thoughts.

"We were right, Jerry," Ron said, "this is where they live but there's a naive Elementalist in the way..."

"Let me take care of him," I said and David grabbed me.

"No," he said, knowing what I was thinking, "if you fight him, I'll get a good friend to murder you."
   
 "Why should I listen to you, David?" I asked and my power balls circled around his arm, knocking him off me where he then did a back flip and cussed me out.
    
"Damn it, Jerry! That 'Elementalie' there is my fifteen year old brother!" David sounded annoyed and pissed off.
   
 I looked at him, amused by him being pissed off, and I sighed, shook my head at him as he walked away from me. “Where the hell are you going, David?"
    
"Give me ten minutes with my brother and you'll see," David said back, very harshly, before disappearing between the cars.
    
Fine, I told myself and glanced at Ron who yawned. I sighed and waited.
 
 
    
Ten minutes slowly passed and when they were up, David wandered back, pulling the Elementalist behind him. "Ten minutes, Jerry," he pulled the boy from behind him and forced him onto his knees in front of me, "Nick, say hello to Jerry."
    
The boy pulled his head up, slightly, as if he was in pain and spat at me, "Screw you, you damned Elemental Freak."
    
I laughed, "He sounds just like you, David," David rolled his eyes and I grabbed the boy by the throat, "where is he, you little punk?"
    
"Where's who?" he managed to mumble in between breaths, "If you're talking about Connor," he took a breath, "I don't know where he went."
    
David gave me a look and I dropped the boy down to the ground, "What's his name, David?"
   
 "Nick," David responded and pulled his brother to his feet, "and if you hurt him anymore, Jerry...."
    
"Shut up, David," I said, "put him in the truck, now."
    
I sighed and walked into the house. I was stunned that the outside looked small but the inside was big, No doubt about that, I told myself their family is legendary.
    
I gritted my teeth, explored all the rooms and wandered back to HTWBE after a while.