Elementalist

Chapter 19-Tina

Connor didn’t talk to me on the way home. He walked in front of Hex and I, both of us carrying the bags. Hex looked annoyed and I sighed, “This is my fault, isn’t it?”

“Huh? Hey, now, don’t say that! It’s not your fault!” Hex said, tying to cheer me up. I sighed and Connor disappeared from view.

“Hey, where’d Connor go?!”

“Huh? Oh, he’s just off. Come on, we need to get back with the food.”

We got back to the house and started to unpack the food when Hex picked me up, “Hey, Hex, what are you doing?”

He sat me on the counter, dug through the cabinet above me and pulled out a band aid, “You really think I’m going to let Connor go off on me because I didn’t take care of you, Tina?” he put the band aid on my knee. Blood was running down my leg and Hex washed it off with a warm wash cloth.

I smiled at Hex, “Thank you.”

“No problem, Tina. Come on, help me put the rest of the stuff away,” Hex said as he helped me down and Connor happened to walk in.

“Hmm, I’m taking a nap. Hex, if someone knocks at the door, wake me up and DO NOT answer it.”

“Okay, Connor,” Hex said and I glanced at him. He didn’t look to happy.

“Are you okay, Hex?”

“Huh? Yeah! I’m fine, why?”

I shrugged and went to watch Connor who slept on the couch, his arm over his eyes and his scarred palm out. I wondered how he had gotten his scars on his palm but my thoughts were interrupted by the door.

“Oh, shit! Tina, wake up Connor.”

That was Hex who stood next to the door, nearer the stairs than the door though.

“Connor, wake up! Someone’s at the door.” Connor shot up, pulled me to Hex and pointed upstairs. I heard the door open and then shut.