Elementalist

Chapter 21-Tina

I sat on the stairs, watching the door. It was nearly three hours that Connor has been gone and I sighed. The door then cracked open, “Connor?!”

Silence was behind the door and I sighed after looking back at my toes, “What?” I looked up at the door where Connor stood after a few minutes of Silence.

“You were gone for a while, Connor,” I laughed as he shut the door. He shut the door with his left hand and had his right in his pant’s pocket. He had that thinking look on his face.

“Huh? Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you, Tina. Hey, listen, after dinner go upstairs and get ready for bed,” he was thinking, but I didn’t know about what.

“Hex already made me dinner,” I laughed and he looked at me oddly.

“Then go get ready for bed. I’ll be there in a few minutes to say goodnight.”

I climbed up the stairs and turned the corner, but didn’t go into the room. I wanted to listen to Hex and Connor, seeing as they tended to talk behind my back.

“Well, that was fun,” Connor said, shutting a cabinet.

“What was, Connor?” Hex asked, probably sitting on the counter.

“Rachel, Hex, she followed up here and pissed me off,” he said, then continued in a whisper, “she tried to make me use my powers…”

Powers? What’s that suppose to mean? And the Rachel person, why’d she follow us home? I asked myself then listened to more of Connor’s and Hex’s conversation.

“And she told me something, Hex,” Connor went on.

“What’s that, Connor?”

“Know how void or space or whatever you call it doesn’t exist?”

“Yeah,” Hex answered, “it doesn’t exist or one out of a million have it.”

“Well, Rachel says that Charlie has Void.”

“No way,” Hex laughed.

“Yes way, Hexagram, your oldest brother, Charles, has Space Elemental Powers.”

There was silence and I got changed before Connor came in, “Hey, you, time for bed.”

He hugged me after I slipped into the bed and disappeared, leaving me to think of the conversation I just heard.