Elementalist

Chapter 44-Terry

Andrew still had his hand firmly over my mouth. This sucks, I had told myself and Andrew’s hand squeezed my face and his breath was hushed. Rachel had disappeared with Hex and Nick and I growled at Andrew, sort of under my breath.

“Be quiet,” he whispered. I growled a slight bit louder and he looked longingly at me, “you’re going to give us away or get us into trouble.” He moved his hand from over my mouth.

“And how old are you? Fifty-three or so, and you’re telling ME, a twenty-six year old, to be quiet?”

“Fifty-one, Terry, and that’s not the point,” I turned my head and looked down the hallway, “Terry!”

I turned around again to see Andrew, half hidden behind metal and by the darkness. “What the hell?!” Andrew disappeared completely and the red eyes of a machine showed though. I didn’t even want to stay there, so I headed towards the way Rachel, Hex and Nick disappeared in.

After that small area, I had NO idea where they were, so I bolted up the stairs, taking five or more at a time. I didn’t dare look back.

Then, it hit me. I fell backwards, elbows hit the ground first, and I didn’t bound back up. My breath was shaky and I didn’t move.

“That hurt,” the voice said in the darkness, there was sunlight near the end of the hallway.

“Shit, you okay, Nick?” Rachel asked. I could tell her voice from anyone’s.

“Yeah, but what the hell did I run into, a wall?” Nick asked as two shady figures helped him up. Those red eyes shined behind them.

“Hey, I’d love to stay and chat and all, but we have a major problem!” I took off towards the sunlight. I heard Hex swear and their footsteps behind me.