Sammy.

Chapter Eight

Sammy was silent for a minute, amazed that Maria knew who Terri was. Thinking before she spoke Sammy said “What does it matter to you? You didn’t bother sharing that you knew Ralph. So why do I have to be completely honest?”

John could see that this could easily grow into a fight so before Maria could even think of what she could say back, John said “Sammy if we promise to tell you everything, everything we know would you tell us everything, and I mean everything?” Sammy nodded without thinking twice. Maria shot John a glance that had “What are you doing? We can’t trust her and she’s lied to us god knows how many times.” written all over it. John just shook his head and said “I told you when I met her I felt good vibes. She’s trustworthy. You have to be with me on this babe.”

Maria rolled her eyes and looked at Sammy. It was a glare that said “I hate you” Maria was never really fond of Sammy. She didn’t really know why but as soon as Sammy had walked in the door with John yesterday, well 2 days ago since it was now in the early hours of the morning, she had a feeling of hate towards her.

“Maria would you like to tell the story or should I?” Maria rolled her head in the direction of John and just looked at him lifelessly. “Alright I guess I will then. Sammy you see I never told you how I met Maria. I met Maria through my job. And I guess I never told you my job either. I’m a private investigator. Maria came to me to find out who killed her boyfriend of 3 years. And the answer to that was the same answer to why you were in Manhattan. It was Ralph. Ralph Edwards.”