Such a Beautiful Lie to Believe In

Knight In Shinning Armor

*Brian’s POV*

The movie, if I calculated correctly, has been playing for about an hour now. There isn’t much left to it, so now would be the best time to head down there. Much to my surprise, the only two people in the room were Jimmy and Zacky.

“Wasn’t Joie down here earlier?” I asked, a little shocked that my plan was slowly crumbling.

Jimmy answered, “Yeah, she headed to the bathroom, last I checked.”

I narrowed my eyes toward him, “How long has she been gone?”

“Damn, at least 25 minutes, I would say…”

“Dude, she’s not in the bathroom. There’s no way,” Zacky commented.

Suddenly, I realized something. After her experience earlier, she’s probably eager now more than ever to figure out what we are up to and/or to find a way out of here. The best place to start would be Matt’s secret room. “She’s in Matt’s room,” I blurted out.

“No way, she wouldn’t go in there,” Jimmy defended.

Ignoring his sudden heroicness, I noticed that this whole sudden scenario works out perfectly for my plan to get Joie back. “Why don’t you go up there and check then?”

Jimmy shook his head no. “Look,” I said staring him down, “I know she’s up there and I’m telling you to take one of your knives and go up there and punish her for what she’s done!”

Still, he maintained his denial of my command. “Why don’t you just go up there and take care of her yourself, if you’re so sure?” he asked.

I shrugged, “I’m beat out from when I punished her earlier. Now it’s your turn.”

“No, I’m not going up there, especially since you’re just speculating.”

“What the fuck has gotten into you? Since when do you care for anyone that we have captive? You usually jump to the occasion of torturing someone.”

“Not today, I guess. Have Zacky do it.”

“You’re the one with the knives though,” I said, still wondering why he’s so hesitant.

He turned away from me and focused back on the movie. “I’m not doing it, so stop fucking asking me.” He tossed one of his folded-in knives over to Zacky.

I turned to face Zacky and rolled my eyes, “Will you go take care of her, since someone over there is being a pussy.”

Zacky groaned as he got up from his comfortable spot on the couch and grabbed the knife. “You owe me for this,” he said to Jimmy as he headed for the stairs.

I would’ve preferred Jimmy to have been the one to do it, but it doesn’t matter…I can handle Zacky just as easily. And just wait till Matt hears about Jimmy’s little disobedience episode.

*Normal POV*

Despite the fact that I was holding my hands up in surrender, whoever was behind me still continued shoving the knife closer and closer up against my throat. “And just what the hell do you think you’re doing in here?” Judging by the voice, I’d say that the person behind me was Zacky.

It was hard to talk, because it felt as if the slightest movement of my throat would be the death of me. “I…I was looking for the bathroom. I thought this was it, and since the door was locked I assumed someone was in there. But as it turns out this was just a…room,” I breathed out.

“Bullshit, you knew which room this was and you knew it was off limits,” he growled in my ear.

“N-no, I knew there was such a room, just couldn’t tell which one it was based on the door. Maybe you should hire a better tour guide next time.”

He chuckled, “You’re just asking for more pain, aren’t you?”

“I just want to get the hell out of here,” I retorted.

“Too bad that’s never gonna happen. But don’t worry, I’ll make up for your disappointment.”

He began to slowly move the knife further down, closer to my chest. My heartbeat quickened and panic set into my mind. Obviously, he wouldn’t stab me, but damn, what else could he be doing? Just draining me of more blood I suppose. I squeezed my eyes shut, anticipating the stinging sensation of the knife, when suddenly the sound heavy footsteps filled the air.

Someone else just ran into the room. “Drop the knife,” Brian said. What is that douchebag doing here? “But I thought you said to –,” Zacky started to say, but he was cut short when Brian’s fist made contact with his jaw.

Zacky dropped to the ground and the knife in his hand was flung off under the desk. I glanced over to see that in one punch, Zacky had been knocked out cold. Ha, what I loser…even I didn’t pass out that easily.

An awkward silence seemed to quickly envelop the atmosphere as I glared at Brian, and he returned the gesture. “Well thanks for that, I guess,” I said standing back up, “but don’t you think it’s a little late for heroics after what you’ve done?”

“I was just doing my job,” he shrugged.

“Plus, you can’t blame me entirely after what you did to me…jumping like that.”

“Oh don’t even try and turn this around on me. And besides you made your feelings, or lack thereof, very clear as we watching my god damn house burn to the ground.”

“I said it all too soon. My emotions were too wrapped up in the moment to think clearly, and I’m sure you’ve experienced something like that before…”

“I don’t give a shit if I have or haven’t. If you even try to make a move on me again, you’ll be sorry!” He smirked as he leaned forward, decimating any space between us.

“Oh, did you not see enough of my dominance over you earlier? If you want I can offer you an encore.”

“I don’t think so. Just get out of my way. I have a movie to finish and a person to avoid,” I said, trying to get past him.

“You’re not going anywhere, unless it’s our room.”

I scoffed, “We have no room. Now get away from me. Just because you may have thought all the previous events don’t mean anything, I do and I can’t stand you!”

“I can be persuasive,” he grinned as he reached behind my head. The next thing I know, he gripped my head and slammed me into a wall, knocking me out. Uh-oh.

*Jimmy’s POV*

I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but suddenly I seem to be sympathizing with Joie. Any of the other girls we’ve brought back here seemed to deserve what we did to them, one way or another. But Joie, she’s never done anything wrong.

Plus, we’re not just using her, Brian’s playing with her heart, and I’ve heard that Shads has some nasty things planned for her once the job is done. I already fucked up though, now that Brian knows that I’m starting to feel sorry for her. Hmm, maybe I can talk to him and tell him to keep it a secret. I can’t have Shads finding out about it.

No one has come back downstairs yet, which means they’ve probably caught up to Joie by now. But if Brian didn’t want to get involved…then why did he go upstairs too? Curiosity got the best of me and I found myself walking toward the stairs. Assuming they went back to his room, I stood right outside his door, trying my best to listen. And I so did not like what I heard.

*Normal POV*

“You son of a bitch, that hurt,” I groaned as I regained consciousness, with perfect memory of what he did.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I tried to jump back, but Brian had already snaked an arm around my waste, not permitting me to go anywhere but closer to him. He had been waiting for me to wake up and now that I was awake, he was wasting no time.

I went to go tell him to let me go, but his mouth cut me off. I kept shaking my head back and forth, trying to get him out of my mouth, but that just made his kissing sloppier, causing strands of saliva to slide down my chin.

In turn, he decided to pull from both ends of my shirt and rip it in half, giving him full access to my boobs. He ran his fingertips along them causing me to accidentally moan into the kiss, which I had began participating in as well.

Needless to say, kissing lead to touching which lead to exploring which lead to well, you know, the big finale. That’s right…we had sex. Oopsie.

After all was said and done, the room was silent and we were both staring up at the ceiling. The problem was, at first you could just tell that he was trying to do it just to say he did it. But as the event continued, it grew into something more…intimate, like the first time we did it, like there were feelings between us.

But that can’t be right. I’m not taking him back after what he’s put me through, and he doesn’t feel that way for me. Plus he’s friends with a man out to kill me at some point! I can’t believe I was stupid enough to give in to him like that. Obviously, if we ignored everything that has happened and that I found out, we could be an amazing couple. But that’s impossible, isn’t it?

*Brian’s POV*

Everything went easier than I thought it would, well at first anyway. Toward the end something weird was happening…it felt like I was really making love to Joie, not fucking her just for the hell of it. Obviously, that can’t be right. I don’t fall in love with girls, never will. They’re just there to please me, in one way or another. Simple as that.

Ugh, maybe ( I can’t believe I’m saying this) having sex was taking it a bit too far this time. Judging by how we both acted during and after it, I’d say all it did was confuse us more than we needed.

This operation holds no room for any sort of confusion, which means I’ve got to eliminate any confusion. Either I like her or I don’t, and she will like me no matter what. Why do I suddenly feel different about her?
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: joie manages to convince the guys to let her go back to work, she continues to plot with kathy and alex, and finds an important email on her computer.

5+ comments pleaseeeee

o and also if anyone would make a banner for this story, it would be fantastic!!