Got Hate? Try Love!

Nobody Puts Zacky In the Corner

Allowing the silence to settle in was having a major effect on my well-being. Quiet was the enemy. Well quiet and Zacky were the enemies. I reached over his lap to get my cell phone off of the table and he slapped my hand from doing so.

"What the fuck, dude?" I yelled.

"Don't lean over me like that! Your fucking hanging all over me. What if Regi would've walked in and thought she saw something else? Huh? You just don't want your sister to be happy with me! You're dumb ass bitch who can't keep a job."

He always has to take something to the next fucking level. Always picking on me, always yelling at me, and always treating me like I was some freak in the circus.

"I fucking hate you! I've never hated anyone as much as I hate you!" I yelled as I slammed the popcorn bowl on the table.

"I never fucking asked for you to like me in the first place, dumb bitch."

"Why don't ya fucking make me a name tag that says 'Bitch' since you can't seem to get Britt right." I shouted back.

It was getting really late and boring. Zacky laid back on the couch with Ichabod, and his feet propped on the coffee table. I sat on the other end of the couch, Indian style, with my arms folded. I was getting tired of waiting on her. Why was I even downstairs with Zack? I mean I don't care if my sister shows or not because all she's going to do is pop in and make out with Zacky for an hour and then leave. Oh the excitement....NOT. Zacky had gotten up to go to the bathroom or something and when he came back he sat closer to me unintentionally. I didn't want to move or stir up anything because I was done with his bitching. About an hour later, I found myself waking up, with my head resting on his stomach. He was waking up at the same time I was. We quickly moved away from each other. I looked at the time on my cell phone and it read- 2:45 A.M.

"What time is it?" He asked as he rubbed the remaining sleep from his eyes.

"2:45. I fell asleep, did Regi ever come by?" I asked figuring by the expression on his face that she didn't show.

"She never called neither, did she?" I guessed.

"She'll be here! She's probably caught in uh traffic."

"Zacky, I'm not trying to make the situation between us worse, but you know she's not going to show."

"Britt, shut the fuck up! I know she'll be here." He said with pseudo optimism.

"Is that so? If you really believe that then how come she hasn't called?" I asked with a slight attitude. He looked down sadly. I felt really powerful knowing that this was bothering him.

"Call her and ask where she is, if you're so sure about yourself!"

He picked up his phone and slowly dialed her number.

Hi, you've not reached Regina Smith, I feel sorry for you because I'm not answering my phone so please leave a message at the beep.

Zacky hung up his phone feeling embarrassed and hurt. He looked up at me with such sadness that I actually felt bad for him. He put his face in the palm of his hands and shook his head back an forth to show no sign of hurt. I stretched my arm around his shoulder to comfort him. He said or did nothing but move over into my arms more. He kept his face hidden in his hands. I knew he was about to break down in tears and sobs. I rubbed his back slowly to calm him.

"Shh, it's okay Zack. Maybe she is caught in traffic." I said with all sympathy. I was weird watching him break down like that. He loved my sister alot and I always thought she loved him alot to.

"No, it's not okay. I fucking do everything I tell her I'm going to do and she can't at least stop by to say hello!" He sobbed.

"Zacky, she's not worth it, okay?"

"Don't you dare say stupid shit right now." He shouted.

"It's true! Anyone who can get you this upset over something dumb, isn't worth it. She didn't even call you!"

He wasn't necessarily crying but I could tell he was on the verge of tears because when he looked up at me his face was red and blotchy. Zack is a jerk and royal pain in the ass but he's always been pretty sensitive.

***11:00 A.M. (same day)***
I woke up on the couch with the sun shining through the blinds and a blanket over me that wasn't there last night. I wiggled a little finding out that Zacky hadn't waken yet. He was still, somewhat, in my arms. I stroked his hair gently not wanting to wake him. He must have been thinking about Regi not showing up because there was a small frown on his lips. I wish we could lay like this forever! WHAT FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME? I gotta stop thinking like that.

I heard Zack let out a small growl and he latched on to me more.

"Thank-you." He whispered as he slowly opened his eyelids.

"For?"

"Thank you for staying up with me for nothing last night." A small weak smile replaced his frown. We were both up but we didn't move away from each other.

"No problem. I didn't feel like sleeping last night anyway." I said still stroking his silk-like black hair.

He sat up beside me and placed his arm around my shoulders softly. He pulled me in closer to his body for a hug before he got up to go in the kitchen for coffee. I walked in the kitchen minutes later and took a sit on a stool.

"I really meant it when I said thanks. It meant alot to me knowing that even though you hate me, you still kind of cared." He said shyly as he sipped his coffee.

"It's okay, I just know how much you lo-- love Regina." I said as I focused my attention to the rim of my coffee cup.

"Sure.." He was about to continue his words but was cut off by the ringing of his cell phone. He looked at me and mouthed 'Regina.' He then put his phone on speaker and put his finger to my lip to tell me to stay quiet.

"Hey baby! Why didn't you come see me last night?" He asked with a loving voice. I wanted to gag so bad when he called her 'baby.'

"Oh I'm so sorry Zack, uh my boss just needed me for some things." I heard her let out a flirtatious giggle.

"Oh, okay well I can't wait for you to come back home to me!" He said as a big grin placed on his lips.

"Oh God! Stop it! No, not now!" Regina giggled.

"I'm not doing anything babe....What are you talking about?" Zacky hesitated to talk.

"Not now, he might suspect something!" Her voice sounded muffled, she must've had her hand over the phone.

"Suspect what? What the hell is going on, babe?" He asked with a cocked eyebrow.

There was the deep voice of a man in the back round. Zack gave me one of those 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking' looks.

"listen I got to go Zack, I love you." She said in a cursory manner.

"NO! Who the fuck is that in the back round?" He asked as he was slowly beginning to catch on to her deceitfulness.

"None of your business!" She fired back.

"Is it a fucking dude? You better tell me the goddamn truth Regina."

There was a moment of suspenseful silence and then another giggle from the other line.

"Fuck it! Yes, smart one! I am with a guy right now. A fucking hot one to." The tone of her voice came off more whorish than ever.


Zacky threw his phone to the wall and watched it shatter before he stormed upstairs. His self-rightousness had completely disappeared and now he was cornered. We all know that no one ever puts Zacky in a corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment
and I am as always thankful.