Woodstock

Simon

"Mariah! You home?" I call through the apartment. I just got home from work, Josh and Taylor went back home a few days ago.

No response from Mariah. Figure she's with Shithead. This calls for pizza.

As the pizza thought pops into my head, I can't help but think of Tre and his scientology of occasions on which different foods should be eaten.

I pick up the phone and dig through the crap drawer for the pamphlet for the nearby pizza parlor. I find it and start dialing the number. I order a medium vegetairan pizza and head to my room.

I change into a tank top, and that's about it, tank top and my girly boxers. Hey, if I can get away strutting around in my underwear, I'll take advantage. I play a tape of some local band Billie or someone suggested before I got completely wasted last week.

I tie my hair as I start to dance around the apartment.

The door intercom thing buzzes so I dance my way over. I press the unlock button then talk into the intercom.
"Come on up." I turn off the music then go to get money from my wallet. There's a knock on the door so I hurry to it.

I open the door and instead of the pizza delivery guy, there's Tre.
"Tre? What are you doing here?" I ask confused as I open the door wider.
"Wow." he says widening his eyes, "You drunk again?" I glance down.
"No, I'm home alone and taking full advantage." I sneer playfully as I let him in.
"And you always answer the door to strangers in your undies?"
"No, I ordered a pizza."
"I should start delivering pizzas if all you girls spend your days so scantily dressed."
"Gah, I was only going to open the door a crack and-never mind." I say shutting the door.
"Right, back to the pizza."
"Its vegetarian." I say heading to my room.
"Why?"
"Because I like it." I say pulling on a pair of pants.

"So Tre, what brings you to my apartment?" I ask as I head back into the living room to find him looking at one of my CDs.
"I uhh wanted to tell you something, ask you something, sort of thing." he stutters.
"Shoot." I say, stares at me.

"Well, I guess the best thing to do is get straight to the point." he clears his throat, "I like you, okay? I mean, I've tried to drop hints but I guess they weren't getting through, and well you're driving my crazy."

I stare back at him, half wanting to kiss him, half wanting to ask him "What the hell?!" The door buzzes. Saved by the bell.
"D-door." I stammer. I go over to the intercom, "Come on up." I press the unlock button and turn around to pick up my money to pay for the pizza.

I open the door and see Simon walking towards me, with a grin on his face and a duffel bag on his shoulder. Shit.
"Si-Simon, hey." I say optimistically, "What are you doing here?"
"Taylor said you could use some lovin'." he jokes as he embraces me. We kiss. I feel incredibly awkward, "Who's this?"

"Tre." I say casually, "Well, I'll tell Mariah you came by." Tre clears his throat.
"Yeah, tell her to call me or something." he mumbles bitterly as he heads out the door.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked shocked out of my wits.
"I came for the long weekend." he says rubbing his hands up and down my arms.
"Oh right, its labor day weekend."
"Yeah." Simon laughs, "I thought I'd do something spontaneous." Great, the one time in our entire relationship he decides to be spontaneous, I'm stuck in some sort of love triangle.

I realize I've been silent far too long, I need to say something.
"I missed you." I lie. He barely crossed my mind since I got here. Its actually been a relief being apart.
"I missed you too Ami." he kisses my forehead, then my neck. The door buzzes. Thank god.

"Pizza." I say playfully walking away.