What He Doesn't Know

046

Two days after the bathroom incident, we were playing on stage in front of the Winnipeg crowd. They screamed and cheered for us. I put on my stage face and danced for them. They ate it up like they always did, they didn't know who I was under this make-up. I was one of them and they didn't even realize it.

"... and without you is how I disappear and live my life alone forever!" I sang. Tears were coming to my eyes as I glanced over at Frank who mindlessly strummed the correct cords of his guitar to the familiar song. I bit my lip but carried on.

As much as I love my job, it sucked. Just before I came back out to face the fans, I popped two tylenols just to relieve the future pain I will be faced from all the noise. I sat at my table and the security released the fans. They all lined up civilly with their CDs and MCR merch. I hid a grimace. Frank of course just smiled and signed his name over and over again. I liked his signature, it so so.... Frank like. Oh shit up Gerard.

"Hi!" I looked up to see a pale face. Her lips coated in bright red lip stick that hurt my eyes. She strangely resembled myself in female form but her face seemed rigid and harsh as if her personality was shining through her features. "My name is Lyn-Z and-" I cut her off. I was brewing an idea. I stood up and outreached my hand.

"Gerard." I grinned. I put on my sexy face. She giggled and shook my hand.

"Listen, I'm from the band Mindless Self Indulgence and-" I know what she was trying to do but Frank was right there. I took her hand in mine and brought it to my lips. I laid a kiss on the back of her hand and smiled at her. She just giggled. Just then, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a stick of lip stick. She opened it and wrote down a series of numbers that belonged to her. She eyes me up and down. I sighed her T-shirt nd it was over. She winked and walked off swinging her hips seductively. I hid a shudder and glanced over at Frank who was looked at me then her and back to me. I just smirked at him and carried on on signing autographs.