‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Merry Christmas

Image

Nick’s POV

It’s Christmas Day, my absolute favorite day of the year. Frankie woke everyone up at 9 o’clock sharp to open presents. As our family gathered around our beautifully lit Christmas tree, I couldn’t help but smile. The room was overflowing with happiness and everyone could feel it.

Our family has strict Christmas traditions we have being doing since…well, since I can remember. We always go to midnight mass, sleep, get woken up by Frankie, open presents, eat pancakes, and watch the parade. Then everyone gets ready and each year, it has varied as to what comes next after that. This year, Mom invited the Gibson’s over for dinner because, like us, their relatives are not in the state of California.

After a quick shower, I got dressed in my “Christmas outfit,” which consisted of khaki pants and a deep red sweater. I went down to the kitchen to see if Mom needed any help. She immediately accepted my offer, and put me to work.

Megan’s POV

“Merry Christmas!” Joe shouted, as he answered the door. My family and I were kindly invited to the Jonas’ for a Christmas dinner. Denise’s feast was already set on the table for an early dinner, so we went right to the table.

After dinner, it was time for the present exchange. My family as a whole got presents for the Jonas boys and parents, but I bought a present for each member. Nick and his family did the same thing for my family. I opened my present from Frankie first.

“An all day pass at the San Diego Zoo with Frankie and Nick! Wow. This is too awesome.”

“I wanted it to be just me and you, but Nick insisted.”

“Nick weaseled his way into the plan, huh?”

“Yeah, Nick the weasel!”

“Hey, none of that!” Nick shouted in defense.

Frankie and I laughed as I handed Frankie his gift from me. Frankie tore the paper off and opened the box, revealing the brand new Ray Ban sunglasses I bought for him.

“These are the coolest!” Frankie yelled. He put them on his face.

“Frankie Jonas, you look so fly in those!” Joe told Frankie. A smile lit Frankie’s face from ear to ear.

Denise and Paul handed me a large, flat present as I handed them a square present. They insisted I open mine first. The large, flat rectangle turned out to be a blown up, framed picture of me and the entire Jonas family.

“Denise, Paul, this is amazing. I know exactly where this is going. Thank you so much.”

I watched Denise unwrap their gift as a Paul watched. Denise took one look at it and the tears began to start. As she flipped through the pages of the 2008 scrapbook I made filled with pictures of their family, she cried more. After thanking me multiple times, it was time for me to exchange presents with Kevin.

I ripped the red paper wrapping a box while Kevin unwrapped his box covered in snowflake wrapping paper. With perfect timing, we lifted the tops of our boxes and gasped as what we saw. I looked up as Kevin pulled out the new jacket I bought him.

“Nut-Meg, this jacket is so nice!”

“Kevybear, these are awesome!” I pulled out the converse shoes to examine them closer. The shoes were pink, light blue, and lime green, my favorite colors.

“I designed them myself,” Kevin informed me.

“I was wondering how you just happened to find a pair with my favorite colors! That’s so sweet.” Kevin stood up to give me a hug.

“My turn!” Joe said, handing me a green bag with white tissue paper overflowing the top. I took out the tissue paper and found a scarf and mittens.

“Aw Joe! You listened to me when I saw these last month and said I wanted them!”

“Of course I did!” Nick stood up to get the present we got Joe together from his bedroom. Nick came down with the rather large box and placed it gently on the floor.

“Joe, that is from both Nick and I.” Joe jumped up and strolled over to the box and pulled off the top.

“Oh my god!” Joe screamed. Joe picked up what was in the box, a little pug puppy. “You guys got me a dog?! Oh my god! This little guy—” Joe stopped. He lifted the dog above his head to make sure he was correct. “Yeah, this little guy is the coolest!” Frankie jumped up and ran over to pet Joe’s new puppy.

“Alright Meg, here. This is part one,” Nick said, pulling a huge box from behind the couch. I unwrapped the Santa Clause wrapped box.

“Rock Band! Thanks Nick! But just to let you know, I will not stop playing this game until I can officially beat you!”

“You’ll be playing for a while then,” Nick sarcastically replied.

“Oh, Nick J, the smack talker,” Kevin chimed in. I laughed as I pulled out a small envelope.

“Nick, here is your part one.” Nick took the envelope from me and opened it.

“Front row tickets to the Lakers?! Megan, how did you get these?”

“I have my ways, Nicholas.”

“Dude, that’s sick. When is the game?” Joe asked.

“In like, two weeks.” I smiled at Nick, staring into his eyes for what seemed like multiple minutes.

“Well, time for desert!” Denise announced. Everyone stood up.

“Mom, we’ll be there in a minute,” Nick stated. After everyone left, Nick and I sat on the couch together. I pulled Nick’s part two out from behind me. I handed it to him and he unwrapped it. He smiled when he saw the case of brand new guitar picks. He opened the case and pulled one out. I waited for him to realize. Nick flipped the pick over and his eyes narrowed as he read the inscription on the back. The back of every pick in the case said “Our Love Rocks. 8.26.08.” Yeah, I'm cheesy...so what!?

“Megan, these are awesome. I can't wait to use them. Thank you so much,” Nick said, leaning in for a kiss.

Nick pulled a long narrow box out from behind his back. He presented it to me in two hands. I laughed at him as I took the box. I unwrapped the paper and lifted the top off the box. It was a beautiful, silver Tiffany’s bracelet with a heart on it. I lifted the bracelet out of the box and little marks on the heart caught my eye. I held the heart flat in my hand and read the inscription. “MG, forever in my kung fu grip. I love you. NJ."

“Nick, this is so pretty.” Nick took the bracelet from me and put it around my right wrist.

“It looks even more beautiful on you. I love you. Merry Christmas baby,” Nick said, leaning in for another kiss. I, of course, did not complain. Nick pulled away after a minute. “How about some dessert?”

“Absolutely! I’m in the mood for some Jonas apple crisp!” Nick stood up and pulled me off the couch. Hand in hand, we headed for the kitchen. I can already smell that apple crisp…
♠ ♠ ♠
random..i know! :]
i spent a little too much time deciding who should give who what. hahah.
hope you like it?

Comment&Subscribe :]