‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Trouble In Paradise?

Image

Nick’s POV

“Megan…” I couldn’t think of anything to say after that. I could see her emotions in her deep brown eyes. She was hurt. She was hurt because of something I did.

“Is that all you have to say?” Her voice was clearly pained.

“Can we please talk like the mature people that we are?”

“Ha, mature.” Megan rolled her eyes. She was clearly hurting more than I could tell just from her body language and facial expressions.

“Megan, you’re not making this any easier.”

“I didn’t make it hard in the first place.”

“You never let me explain.”

“Can I go first? Let me explain what I saw. Miley went up to you and gave you a hug. Then she started moving her body on yours in ways that she shouldn’t have been. It’s pretty much undeniable. I saw the whole thing.”

“It’s not like I said to her ‘Miley, please dance dirty on me. I really feel like hurting the girl that I am head over heels in love with.’

“I understand that. But you don't understand what I felt inside as I watched you stand there and do absolutely nothing to stop her! Why didn’t you push her off you Nick? Why?”

“I don’t know. It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on.”

“So I bet you didn’t notice the looks she was giving me either.”

“No, I didn’t know. But listen. Megan Gibson, I am so in love with you it’s almost scary. Seeing you this hurt is killing me inside. Knowing that I am the reason you are this hurt makes me feel disgusted with myself. I know I should have pushed her away immediately, but I need you to know that I never had any intention of hurting you. I hate that stupid slut and I have no problem marching in that room and telling that to her face. I don’t want anybody but you. I don’t need anybody but you.”

A tear fell from my eye. I tried so hard to hold it back. I hate crying, but I couldn’t help it. There were so many emotions running through my mind and my heart that I just couldn’t contain it. I could see Megan crying and shivering. I stood up and took off my jacket. I walked to the other side of the table and gently wrapped it around Megan, never taking my eyes out of her gaze.

I sat back down in my seat. Megan and I were still looking each other in the eyes. The silence was killing me. Megan hadn’t said anything in five minutes.

I heard the door open behind me, but I didn’t care to see who it was.

“Hey Nick, we’re needed on stage.”

“It’s going to have to wait.”

“Nick, we’re needed now.”

“Joe, I said it’s going to have to wait. Go stall for a few minutes.”

Megan's POV

Joe shut the door, leaving Nick and I alone on the dark patio lit by only one overhead light. I could see Nick was sincere and upset. Maybe I overreacted a little? Nick was probably just in shock. I know he doesn’t like Miley. Inside, I forgive him, but why can’t I say it out loud?

“Well, I have to get on stage.” Nick stood up. He slowly turned on his heel and began to walk towards the door.

“Nick,” I finally choked out. He quickly spun around to face me. A wave of hope came over his face. I slowly rose to my feet. Nick froze where he was. He didn’t know if he should come towards me or not.

“Megan,” Nick whispered. The next thing I knew, I was running to Nick. He opened his arms wide and I slammed my body against his. He wrapped his arms around me as I leaned into his chest. “I’m so sorry, Meg.” I pressed my lips against his. He pulled away. “I love you so much.”

“I know,” I said, pressing my lips onto his once again, only this time not as gentle. The back patio was our own little world. It was just us two. There was no one else around. Or so we thought.

“I hate to interrupt the moment and I am really happy to see that you guys worked this out, but Nick. Stage. Now,” Joe said sternly. I reached out my hand. Nick intertwined his fingers with mine and we walked back inside, heading towards the stage.

I stood to the left of the stage, so I was on Nick’s right. I watched the Jonas Brothers perform Lovebug for all their Disney friends. When Nick sang the second verse, my eyes never lost his. He was singing directly to me and I felt like the only girl in the room.

“I can’t get your smile out of my mind. I think about your eyes all the time. Beautiful but you don’t even try. Modesty is just so hard to find.”

When the brothers finished the song, they took a bow. The DJ took over, playing a slow song. Nick jumped off the stage.

“May I have this dance?” he asked, offering me his hand.

“Do you really think I’d give it to anyone else?”

I placed my hand in his. He raised my hand and placed a light kiss on it. We danced as one, as if no one else was watching. But I did notice one pair of eyes on us, the same eyes that I had met when Nick and David were dancing like lunatics.

Miley was watching Nick and me with a disgusted look on her face. When our eyes met, I smiled. Miley stood up straighter and shook her head at me. She rolled her eyes, grabbed her purse, and left the room. That was the last I saw of her that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everything is good...for now? hmm....

this one is for Heather :] haha

Comment&Subscribe! xoxo