‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Born To Be My Baby

Image

Nick’s POV

Pamela drafted an article out quickly last night and had it on People’s website by this morning. To sum it up, it said how they received pictures from Miley’s rep, claiming Megan was cheating on me. However, Pamela found a picture of Megan and her siblings in China that was used on their website during the Olympics and placed it in the article, proving Miley’s claims false.

The article is quite possibly the best thing I have ever read. Why? It shows people just how horrible Miley is being towards Megan. Miley doesn’t even refer to Megan by name. Anytime she talks about her, it’s always ‘Nick’s girlfriend did this’ or ‘Nick’s girlfriend said that.’ Whatever, let her do what she wants. The important people know the truth and Miley is far from important.

I sat in my room strumming the cords of the song I learned to play and sing last night. Megan was at home, struggling with a migraine. Ever since the head injury, she gets terrible migraines every once in a while. But every time she gets them, she tells me not to come over. This time was no different, except for the fact that I wasn’t going to listen.

I did one more run through of the song and decided it was ready for its performance debut. Walking across the room, I picked my phone up off of the desk. I scrolled through it until I found the name I was looking for.

1 Sent Text Message: Colin Gibson
3:49 pm- Hey Col, I have a surprise for Megan since she’s not feeling well. Do you know what she’s doing right now?
1 Received Text Message: Colin Gibson
3:53 pm- Hey Nick, Megan is in her room. She’s in bed watching tv. Last time I checked on her, like 15 minutes ago, she was not doing so well.
1 Sent Text Message: Colin Gibson
3:55 pm- Ah, not good at all. Okay, well I’m coming over with Ramen noodles and my guitar. I’m going to need help in the surprise aspect.
1 Received Text Message: Colin Gibson
3:57 pm- You even know her favorite soup? Are Ramen noodles considered soup? Either way, that’s very impressive! Text me when you get here. I’ll let you in quietly.
1 Sent Text Message: Colin Gibson
4:00 pm- I like the way you think! Haha, thanks a lot Colin. See you soon.

Pleased, I grabbed my guitar and headed downstairs. The grocery bag with the Ramen noodles was still exactly where I left it. Good thing Joe didn’t get into it. I added the bag to the pile of stuff in my hands, dumped it all in the back seat, and headed to Megan’s. As soon as I got there, I texted Colin and he immediately came to the door.

“Woah dude, got enough stuff?” Colin asked.

“The things I do for your sister,” I replied laughing, stepping into the house quietly.

“She’s still upstairs,” Colin said as he led me to the kitchen. “I checked on her a few minutes ago. She’s having trouble falling asleep. I told her I’d bring her up a new ice pack for her head. You can bring it up.”

“Thanks man,” I said to Colin, as he motioned it was okay for me to use the microwave. I placed the noodles in the microwave and shut the door. We love Ramen in my house, so heating them up was like clockwork for me.

“Here, we have this tray we use when we make my mom breakfast on Mother’s Day,” Colin said, revealing a small tray with handles.

“That’s perfect,” I replied in unison with the microwave’s finishing signal. I placed it on the tray, along with the cup of Ramen, a spoon placed on a napkin, and an ice pack. I pulled a single tulip out of my bag and placed it next to the napkin. I took it from the centerpiece in the kitchen. I’m sure Mom won’t notice.

“Looks good, man. Hey Nick, I don’t know if I’ve ever told you this, but everything you do for Megan means a lot to me and Mike. We look after our sisters more than ourselves and we want the best for them. We both think being with you is the best for Megan.”

“Wow Colin, that means a lot to me. Being with Megan is the best for me too, so you and Mike have nothing to worry about.”

“Great. Enough of the sappy moment. We’re dudes!” Colin punched me in the arm. “Hope I didn’t hurt you there. I know you need that to play your music. Do you want me to carry your guitar up and leave it outside Megan’s room?”

“Trust me, your weak punches don’t hurt. And yeah, that’d be awesome.”

I laughed as I grabbed the tray and Colin grabbed the guitar. Colin is like a brother to me. We make fun of each other just like Joe, Kevin, Frankie, and I do. We quietly trekked up the stairs. Colin slowly and silently placed the guitar outside Megan’s door.

“Thanks again,” Colin whispered before walking off to his own room. I balanced the tray on one hand and slightly knocked on Megan’s bedroom door.

“Come in,” I heard her groan.

I frowned, hearing her so…blah. I slowly opened the door and stepped in. The sight made my heart ache. Megan was lying on the bed under all of her blankets. She was wearing a sweatshirt with the hood still over her head. Her arms were folded across her eyes, clearly in pain.

“Ugh Colin, make it go away,” she groaned again.

“Hey baby, it’s me.” She instantly removed her arms from her face to uncover her eyes.

“Nick, what are you doing here?”

“I brought you Ramen noodles and another ice pack,” I said, walking over to the side of the bed. I placed the tray on the floor and lowered my face. Lifting the hood slightly off her head, I placed a light, sweet kiss on her forehead.

“Thanks, but I told you not to come over. I didn’t want you to see me like this.”

“See you like what?”

“Like this mess I am right now,” she said, looking away from me.

“Come on, Meg.” Placing two fingers under her chin, I turned her head back to look at me. “You are beautiful. You will always be beautiful, inside and out. I’m here because I feel bad that you feel bad. It will make me feel better to make you feel better.”

I leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. Finally coming to her senses that my visit only has good intentions, she kissed back.

“Here,” I said breaking away. I bent down and grabbed the ice pack. I lightly placed it on her head.

“Too cold,” she whined.

“Leave it, Meg. Here, eat this before it gets cold too.”

“Mmm Ramen, my favorite,” Megan said, placing her back against the headboard.

“I know, silly.” I placed the tray on the bed and over her legs.

As she began to eat, I announced that I had another surprise for her. I placed her desk chair next to her bed before heading for the door. I opened it and grabbed my guitar. She smiled as soon as she saw it.

“Are you serenading me?”

“Do you want me to?”

“Yes!” Megan said between spoonfuls.

“Good. Your wish is my command.” I took my acoustic out and placed it on my lap. I looked at Megan and smiled before beginning.

“Rainy night and we worked all day.
We both got jobs cause there’s bills to play.
We got something they can’t take away.

Our love, our lives.

Close the door, leave the cold outside.
I don’t need nothing when I’m by your side.
We got something that’ll never die.

Our dreams, our pride.

My heart beats like a drum (all night).
Flesh to flesh, one to one (and it’s alright).
And I’ll never let go cause.
There’s something I know deep inside.


You were born to be my baby.
And baby, I was made to be your man.
We got something to believe in.
Even if we don’t know where we stand.
Only God would know the reasons.
But I bet he must have had a plan.
Cause you were born to be my baby.
And baby, I was made to be your man.


Light a candle, blow the world away.
Table for two on a tv tray.
It ain’t fancy, baby that’s okay.

Our time, our way.

So hold me close better hand on tight.
Buckle up, baby, it’s a bumpy ride.
We’re two kids hitching down the road of life.

Our world, our flight.

If we stand side by side (all night).
There’s a chance we’ll get by (and it’s alright).
And I’ll know that you’ll be live.
In my heart till the day I die.


Cause you were born to be my baby
And baby, I was made to be your man
We got something to believe in
Even if we don't know where we stand
Only God would know the reasons
But I bet he must have had a plan
Cause you were born to be my baby
And baby, I was made to be your man.”


I looked at Megan. She had that goofy grin on her face she gets when she’s really happy. I love that goofy grin. I love everything about her. She’s flawless.

Megan picked up the tray and tried putting it on the floor. I stood up to assist her, grabbing the tray from her hands. Moving over, she resumed the position she was in when I found her. Noticing the space, big enough just for one, I questioned her.

“Excuse me miss, is that spot taken?”

“I was kind of saving it for someone.”

“Who may that be?”

“Oh, this guy. He’s really important. He has an amazing voice and a pretty cool girlfriend.”

“Well it can’t be me, because my girlfriend is more than pretty cool. She’s the greatest girl I’ve ever met.”

I laughed at how quickly her cheeks turned pink. I settled under her covers, pulling her body close to mine.

“I love you, Nick. Thank you for coming, even though I told you not to,” she whispered.

“It's my pleasure. I love you too, sweetie. Try and get some rest. I’ll be here when you wake up. I’m not going anywhere.”

Megan nodded and shut her eyes. I kissed her cheek and she smiled. After a few minutes, she was out cold. A few minutes after that, so was I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit: "Born To Be My Baby" by Bon Jovi. love love love!

I like this one, so I hope you liked it too :)
Comment&Subscribe.