‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Winter Jam

Nick’s POV

Kevin, Joe, and I simultaneously got ready in our own rooms. Tonight, we are singing at Disney’s Winter Jam concert. The WJ is a huge show in Los Angeles. We are the main performers and are going to perform last. Prior to us, Demi Lovato, Jesse McCartney and Miley are going to perform. I was pumped for the show, minus the presence of Miley.

Normally, I would ignore Miley and there wouldn’t be an issue. However, Megan, Dina, and Pamela are all coming with us tonight. Megan and Miley in close range of each other kind of makes me nervous. Megan isn’t one to start a fight; she’s too sweet. But when threatened, Megan won’t back down. She’s an athlete—she doesn’t take crap from anyone.

The other thing that makes tonight special is the public announcement of Kevin and Dina and Joe and Pamela. The four decided that if reporters ask who the girls are, Kevin and Joe aren’t going to hide it. The decision was made together. My brothers figure that if they both announce it at the same time, reporters won’t be able to focus as intensely on just one of them. I think it’s a smart decision on their part. Megan and I turned out just fine, so I know they will too.

When the Jonas Brothers were ready to go, we climbed into the car with Big Rob in the driver’s seat and headed to Pamela’s apartment. All three girls were there getting ready together. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I assumed it was Megan so I smiled.

1 Received Text Message: Pamela Sanders
5:46 pm- Begin the preparations now, Nick J. You just might die when you see your girlfriend.

Although it wasn’t Megan, the already existing smile on my face grew bigger. Megan always looks gorgeous. She doesn’t have to try. But when she does try, when she gets all dazzled up for events like this, I can’t even describe it.

Since we were on a tight schedule, Joe called the girls when we turned onto the street so they could meet us outside. My legs were shaking up and down as I sat on the edge of my seat. I wanted to take the first opportunity possible to see Megan.

“Nick, chill your legs out. Shaking your legs harder won’t make Megan appear faster,” Kevin said sarcastically from the front seat.

Rolling my eyes, I responded “whatever dude.”

I directed my eyes back out the window next to me, staring at the apartments ahead as they passed by. That’s when I saw her, emerging from Pamela’s apartment first of the three girls. My jaw dropped. I have never seen her look so beautiful, which says a lot because she looks stunning every day.

Kevin stepped out to help the ladies into the car. Opening the door, Pamela stepped in first, wearing a red dress with only a strap on one shoulder. She said hi to me before getting into the back with Joe. Dina entered the car next wearing a patterned dress with blue, white, red, and a little bit of green. She also climbed into the back of the car.

“Hey Pam, I thought you told Nick to prepare himself,” Dina joked as she settled down.

“I did, but I think he underestimated the seriousness of my statement.”

I ignored the two girls in the backseat making fun of me. It’s not my fault. Megan stepped into the car and sat next to me. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. The greenish bluish dress she had on made her glow. Her hair was down and in light curls, looking perfect.

Megan's POV

“Hi Nick, it’s nice to see you too,” I said with a smile, trying to bring Nick back from his staring fit.

“I’m sorry. Hey Meg,” he said, kissing my cheek. His lips found their way to my ear. “Sorry, I can’t help but stare. You look absolutely phenomenal, babe,” he whispered, his hot breath hitting me like never before.

“Thank you. I’m excited you asked me to come with you.”

“Who else would I ask?”

“True,” I laughed, placing my hand over his hand that was resting on my knee.

The conversation carried on until we reached our destination. We all stepped out of the car, a little nervous about how people were going to react to the news. Cameras started going crazy as I linked hands with Nick and we made our way down the carpet. But as soon as photographers caught a glimpse of the linked arms of Kevin and Dina and Joe’s arm around Pamela’s neck, the flashes immediately went in their direction.

“Kevin, is that your girlfriend?”

“Yes, her name is Dina.”

“Joe, who is the blonde?”

“This is my girlfriend, Pamela.”

I surveyed the faces of the people around. I could tell Nick was doing the same. Most reporters seemed a little taken back, but most seemed excited to have the hottest scoop on the hottest band.

Backstage, the six of us hung out in the dressing room with ‘Jonas Brothers’ on the sign outside of it. We were watching the show from side stage, but the boys are up next and they need to prepare. Miley is on now. She’s been lurking around, watching me like a hawk. It’s creepy if you ask me, but I’ve been ignoring her.

The door opened and Paul walked in. “Hey guys, it’s lockdown time.”

“That’s our cue.” Dina said, standing up from the couch.

“Don’t worry Paul, we know the drill,” I said.

Paul smiled as everyone else in the room stood up. The girls kissed the boys goodbye and left the room. Without paying attention, I walked out of the room, running right into the person walking by.

“Ugh,” she groaned, before looking at my face. This should be interesting.

“Umm...sorry," I said, not meaning it, but attempting to be nice.

“Oh, it’s you,” Miley stated.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to go watch and support my boyfriend from side stage, of course!” I heard Dina and Pamela behind me trying to keep laughter contained.

“Can we talk? What I would like to say should probably be said in private.”

“Whatever you want to say you can say in front of my friends.”

“Are you sure you want me to do that?” I nodded. “Okay, well, your hair looks like you did it in the dark, your makeup makes you look like a ghost, and that dress makes you look fat.”

“That’s really funny, considering Megan has a body fat of like 1%. She couldn’t look fat if she tried,” Dina chimed in.

“Aww Megan, you need others to fight your battles because you can’t handle them? That’s so cute.”

“Of course I can fight my own battles. I didn’t even know we were still in battle, considering I already beat you. More than once if I may add.”

“Like when?”

“My comments to People made me look like the bigger person of the situation and made you look like extremely immature. Am I right, Pam?”

“You’re right, Meg.”

“Megan-1, Miley-0. You tried to bust me with People for cheating on Nick. Too bad that was my brother. Good try though, definitely a good try. Megan-2, Miley-0.”

“I hardly consider that beating me.”

“I have one more, and it’s a big one. I have Nick. Nick loves me and Nick could care less about you. Isn’t that the ultimate battle we’re fighting here? You can’t get over the fact that Nick doesn’t want you. Well, I really think it’s time to get over that, because sweetheart, you’ve never had him and you will never have him. Nick has never wanted you and he will never want you. Game, set, and match.”

I turned around and walked through the space Dina and Pamela left between them. Once I passed them, they turned around and followed me.

“This isn’t over, Megan!”

“Mmhm, bye Miles! Have a fantastic night!” I sarcastically yelled back at her.

When Dina, Pamela, and I turned the corner, we stopped and exchanged glances. No more than five seconds later, we burst out laughing.

“Oh my gosh, Megs. I have never seen anyone get owned like that before. That was amazing,” Dina said, trying to catch her breath from laughing so hard.

“I can’t wait to tell the boys that one. Little Nicky would be so proud of you.”

“Speaking of our boys, I think it’s time we stake out our spots. They’re on in five!” I announced.

Smiling and laughing, we linked arms and made our way to the stage area. Five minutes later, my favorite set of brothers hit the stage with the signature That’s Just The Way We Rollintro. As I stood side stage, singing and dancing with Dina and Pamela, I soaked it all in.

I love these girls, I love these boys, and I especially love the young, curly-haired cutie rocking out with his green guitar.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sorry for the lack of updates! please don't hate me hahah
school is getting the best of me--i'm sure some of you know exactly what i'm talking about!

hope this is okay.
comments? :)
thanks guys! xoxo!