‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Photo Shoot

Image

Nick’s POV

“Hey babe, ready to go?” Megan nodded, shutting the house door behind her. She laced her fingers with mine as we walked back to the car. Big Rob was driving us to People’s office for our photo shoot and interview with Pamela. I’ve never talked to Pamela, but Megan has multiple times and is very excited to finally meet her face to face.

Kevin and Joe were going to do a radio show this morning. Since I had already committed to People, I couldn’t be there. Big Rob turned on the radio station as we drove to the office.

“Hey, you’re listening to Mad Matt from the Morning Madhouse on 98.7. I am lucky enough to be joined by 2/3’s of the Jonas Brothers, Kevin and Joe! How are you guys doing?”

“Really good. Thank you for having us,” Kevin said.

“So you’re missing one. Where is Nick this morning?”

“Nick had somewhere to be this morning, a prior commitment,” Kevin said.

“Yeah, you’re just going to have to settle with Kevin and me,” Joe added.

“Even if we had one Jonas Brother here, it’d still be an honor. So you guys just got back from a tour, correct?”

“Yes, we just got back from a tour with the Cheetah Girls. It was a three month long tour and it was a good time. The Cheetah Girls are good friends of ours so it was cool to be on the road with them.” Big Rob turned the radio off.

“We’re here,” he said, turning the car off. Megan and I got out of the car and walked quickly into the building. We checked in at a front desk, went to the elevator, and got out on floor three.

“Megan!” A tall, young woman with dirty blonde hair began walking towards us.

“Pamela?” Megan asked.

“That’s me!”

“Wow, you’re much younger than I thought you were going to be!”

“I get that a lot! I’m 22. I’ve been interning with People since I was 18, so they hired me full time right out of college.”

“Wow! That is so cool! Pamela, this is Nick.”

“Hey, how are ya?” I asked.

“Great thanks. Are you guys excited?”

“Very,” I responded with a smile.

“Well, I have news for you guys. I failed to bring this up when I first mentioned the article, but your story is what we call the dominant story of the issue. Your article will be spread out over six pages and you’ll be on the cover!”

“That’s so cool!” Megan’s face lit up. I put my arm around her neck and hugged her. I smiled at her excitement. It was contagious.

“I’m glad you’re both excited. We’re going to do the shoot first, so if you’ll both follow me, I’ll introduce you to the stylist and the photographer.” Megan laced her fingers with my hand that was around her shoulder and we followed Pamela.

My first outfit consisted of black skinny jeans, a green and black striped t-shirt, and white converse. Megan was in skinny jean capris, a white tank top, a black cardigan sweater, and tan flip flops. The photographer, Anthony, was setting up his camera. Megan and I were just standing in front of a big white screen.

“Alright Nick, I’m going to ask you to sit down, put your right arm out, and use it support yourself.” I wasn’t sure what he meant, but I did what thought I was supposed to do. “Perfect. Megan, I want you to sit with your back against Nick’s arm, in the little space he created there.” Megan sat where she was supposed to.

“Excellent. You two look great. Now, big smiles at the camera, one, two, three.” Flash, flash, flash. “We’re going to try for some candid shots. So, Megan, what did you do last night?”

“I hung out with Nick!” Megan said, smiling at me. I smiled back at her and looked into her eyes. Flash, flash, flash.

“That was a great shot. What’d you guys do?”

“We watched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. It’s one of Megan’s favorites,” I said. I looked over at Megan. “What’s the password?”

“New England Clam Chowder,” she said back.

“Is that the red or the white?”

“Ah, I can never remember that.” We both started cracking up. Flash, flash, flash. Megan leaned onto my shoulder laughing as I smiled at her. Flash, flash, flash.

“You guys are doing great. We’re going to put you in your second outfits now.” Megan and I stood up and began to walk away. “Oh, Megan, Nick.” We turned around and looked at Anthony. “White clam chowder.” Megan and I laughed with Anthony before going back to the stylist.

My second outfit looked like something I’d wear on stage. I was handed a guitar as a prop. Megan was dressed in her actual uniform jersey, a different pair of skinny jeans, and a pair of sneakers. She was handed a soccer ball. We took some pictures posing with our props. Our third outfits were fancier. I was in a white suit with a red shirt underneath and Megan was in a red dress.

When the shoot was over, Anthony showed us all of the pictures he took. They all turned out really well. Anthony said he was going to put them on a CD for us because we liked the pictures so much.

We changed into our regular clothes. Pamela led us to her office and sat at her desk. Megan and I sat in chairs across from there. She opened her laptop and began to type some things.

“Ready?” she finally asked. Megan and I nodded. “Awesome. Okay. First question…”
♠ ♠ ♠
hehe

comment&subscribe :)