‹ Prequel: A New Playing Field
Sequel: Crawling Back To You

Lucky I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Disney Holiday Party

Image

Nick’s POV

“Hey Joe, can I borrow some hair gel?” Kevin asked, coming into the bathroom. It was Monday night, the night of the Disney’s big holiday party. I was wearing a black suit with a red shirt and a white tie, Joe was wearing a white suit with a green shirt, and Kevin was wearing black pants, a red jacket, and a black shirt. If you couldn’t tell, we really love the Christmas spirit.

After we finished getting ready, we piled into the car with Big Rob. First we picked up Dina. She was in a strapless black dress and Kevin was drooling like a dog just looking at her. Then we picked up Megan, who looked stunning in her red dress. Every time I look at her, I can’t help but think how lucky I am to have such an amazing girlfriend.

“Miley’s going to be at this party. We haven’t seen or talked to her since she said all that stuff about Megan. How are you guys feeling?” Kevin asked.

“She’s probably going to want to ‘talk’ to me,” I said.

“I’m not going to go out of my way to strike up a conversation with her, but if she does talk to me, I’m not going to be rude,” Megan said.

“Good answer,” I said, kissing her on the cheek. She smiled at me and we continued our ride to the Disney lot.

As soon as we stepped out of the car, the press went wild. Cameras were flashing from every direction. I posed for pictures—some by myself, some with Kevin and Joe, some with Megan, and some with all four of us. When the press asked who Dina was, Megan said it was a close friend of hers. I saw Kevin mouth ‘thank you’ to Megan. Once we were in the party, there was no press allowed, so Kevin and Dina were in the clear.

We finally made it inside and we looked around. Megan’s face lit up. She loves the Christmas spirit as much as I do, and the spirit was definitely high and alive in the room. We said our hellos to our friends and immediately hit the dance floor.

Megan’s POV

“Hey Meg, are you having a good time?” Dina asked, while attached the Kevin’s arm. We’ve been at the Disney party for two hours and I’ve been having a really great time. The Disney family is a bunch of amazing people who know how to have fun. Miley said hello to me earlier. She acted like we were best friends. I planted a smile on my face and played nice, but inside, it almost made me sick.

“Hey girl, I’m having a great time! How about yourself?”

“Yeah, this is a lot of fun!”

“Where is Nick?” Kevin asked. I pointed to the dance floor.

“Doing some ridiculous dance thing with David Henrie.”

Kevin spun Dina around so they were face to face. I didn’t want to intrude on their romantic moment so I slightly turned away from them. As I looked around, scanning the scene, I saw Miley staring at me with this evil grin on her face. As soon as our eyes connected, I watched as she walked towards where Nick was dancing. She ran up to Nick and threw her arms around his neck in a hug. I chuckled as Nick’s hands barely and unwillingly touched Miley’s back.

Just then, the song changed, and I watched Miley remove one hand from behind Nick’s neck. She then began to dance—no, grind—on Nick. Nick was just standing there, not dancing back, but not pushing her off of him. Every second that passed as I watched Miley dance on my boyfriend felt like a minute. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dina turn back towards me.

“Megan, you okay?”

“Look.” Dina and Kevin followed my eye path.

“What is hell is he doing?” Kevin exclaimed.

“Miley started grinding on him, and he’s not doing anything to stop it.” I could feel tears forming in my eyes as I watched the scene, but I forced them back. If Miley sees tears in my eyes, it will give her satisfaction that she doesn't deserve. Miley looked at me. She gave me that same evil grin she gave me a minute ago.

“Alright, I can’t watch this anymore. I’m going for a walk," I stated, turning around.

“Do you want company?” Dina asked, pulling me into a hug.

“No, but thank you.”

“Okay. If you’ll excuse me as well, I have to go smack some sense into my stupid brother. I love you Nut-Meg.” Kevin pulled me into a tight hug.

“Love you too Kevybear.”

After we pulled out of the hug, Kevin walked in the direction of the Nick. I slyly escaped out the back door onto the patio without anyone noticing. I saw a figure sitting on the steps, facing away from the building.

“Joe?” The figure turned around. Sure enough, it was Joe.

“Megan? What are you doing out here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

“I just needed some air.”

“Are you having a good time?”

“Eh, it’s alright. Why are you out here?”

“I didn’t feel like watching Miley grind on Nick anymore.” Joe’s eyes widened.

“Watching Miley do what on who?”

“Miley started grinding on Nick and Nick just stood there. He didn’t dance back but he didn’t even push her off. I can’t figure out which one is worse.”

“I’m so sorry Megan.” I nodded. We sat side by side in silence for a minute. “All I wanna know is do you wanna get away?” Joe sang. I laughed.

“Yeah, let’s go for a walk.” Joe and I walked down the steps. He took off his jacket, put it around my shoulders, and we wandered down the path.

Nick’s POV

“Nick, what on earth are you doing?” Kevin appeared out of nowhere and brought me back to reality. Miley is dancing—no grinding—on me. What am I doing?

“Miley, get off of me! What do you think you’re doing?”

“You didn’t seem to have a problem with it a few seconds ago.”

“Yeah, well I did and I still do.”

“Yeah. Whatever. Good luck finding that girlfriend of yours,” Miley said, winking at me. She turned and walked away, disappearing into the crowd.

“Kevin, what did she mean by that?” I nervously questioned.

“Megan saw the entire thing. Miley was giving Megan smirks as she grinded on you and you did absolutely nothing to stop it!” Kevin screamed at me.

“Crap, I am such an idiot!” I walked off the dance floor and sat down. I rested my elbows on the table and let my face fall into my hands. Kevin sat down next to me. “Do you know where she is?”

“She said she was going for a walk.”

“Alone?”

“Dina asked if she wanted company and she said no.” I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number.

“Hello?” she answered.

Megan’s POV

“Megan, where are you?” Nick asked with panic.

“Taking a walk.”

“Alone?”

“With Joe.”

“Why are you with Joe?”

“Why are you with Miley?” I quickly replied with attitude.

“Megan, please come back. I need to talk to you.”

“Fine. I’ll be back in a few minutes. Wait on the back patio.” I ended the call before Nick had a chance to respond. Joe and I turned around and began to walk back.

When we walked up the steps, Nick was sitting at the table on the patio. I stopped walking after I stepped off the last step. Nick stood up at the table when he saw us.

“Awkward,” Joe sang. “I’m going inside.”

“Joe, here’s your jacket.” I took it off from around my shoulders and handed it back to him. “Thanks for letting me borrow it.”

“No prob, Meg.” Joe went inside. I walked over to the table and sat down. Nick sat after I sat.

“Megan…” Nick whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahh drama!
[here dina...bribepart2! your turn!]

comment&subscribe :]