Status: Has been on Hiatus due to the huge rush of uni life, but now first year is over, I'm going to do my best to give you lovelies the ending you deserve! =)

Diary of a Reluctant Ruler

My Husband

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Conversation was still awkward. Awkward, stilted, sometimes flowing but quickly quenched by stepping on too-familiar territory, like Shakespeare, socks, roses, pasta, heights… conversation was a minefield. We avoided each other where possible.

Grandmother did not avoid.

And neither did the press…

Fresh from their debut appearance on the party scene, Princess Meredith and Mr Jacinthe have gone back into hiding, with rumours floating that their exploits have earned them a turbulent break-up. A lack of public appearance together for nearly two weeks seems to confirm the belief…

My anger at the press was beginning to bubble over. I generally swore when I saw a copy of The Post. Seeing Jonathan Tilley’s name generally put me into nuclear meltdown. Jenn stuck next to me at school but Iona found it hard to talk to me, and backed off a little, spending most of her time punching Henry for inappropriate remarks.

It was Grandmother, however, that made me explode.

“There is a distinction between manners and etiquette,” she began, “It is etiquette that points out to the person next to you that they are drinking from the finger bowl; it is manners that insist you drink from yours to put them at ease.”

The sentence clicked into sense in my head.

“I don’t know whether it is manners or sense that tells me that your break-up with James was foolish and deviating from your duty to provide this country with an heir-”

Providing the throne with an heir?!

What?

How far ahead have this woman’s thoughts traveled?

“-but I must also say that he was probably entirely right to confess his fears of accepting the throne,” she finished.

That was it.

That was the final straw.

I had had enough.

“James would not be King!” I cried, enraged, “He would be my husband!”

In front of me, Grandmother visibly went into shock.

I am going to be Queen!” I continued, “I am going to rule this country, not my husband! So the next person who challenges his right to the throne can do so to my face! Whoever I choose to marry, Adria will just have to accept it!”

And with that I stormed out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm officially scared of Me4431.
I think she's been my worst death-threat so far...
Ur, that's not a challenge.

IT'S GREEN!!!
Image
Me = jealous of Moonlight Rouge's banner making skills.

I'm off on holiday until the 4th, so that's why this is early.
See you on the 4th!
*proceeds to hide*

Ivy, xXGreyWingsXx (c) 2009