The Difference

Running Away

“TYPICAL. THE WOMAN IS FIGHTING WITH THE MAN. I DO NOT NEED THIS. MEN, KILL THEM BOTH! BEFORE I DIE OF BOREDOM! HUMANS ARE DISGUSTING! DISPOSE OF THE HUNTERS WHEN YOU HAVE DONE WITH THE WITCH AND HER CHILD!”
*****************
One of the hooded men jumped on the car and cut a hole in the roof, then dragged Gerard out.
“No! Leave him alone! It’s me you want!” Cathi shouted.
“No, it’s him we want! Ha!” The servant of evil threw the man to his companion, and then jumped off the car onto the motorbike next to it.

“Gareniou Spaleni Horediuws!” Cathi said the words of the bird.
It came from above, and attacked the creatures holding Gerard, so they stopped and put him down. They zoomed off, being chased by the humongous avian.
Cathi stopped and got out of the car.
“Gee! Are you alright?” She asked.
“Yes, but I ache all over. Can you help me up?”
Cathi helped Gerard stand, and get in the car.
“That was a close one! I could’ve been killed! And since when have you been able to take the wheel from the passenger seat, I thought you couldn’t drive!” He exclaimed.
“I’ve been…….. Practicing.”
“Good for you! Maybe I can help?”
“No way! I can do it on my own!”
*****************
“We need to get back home.” Gerard said
“I agree. I’m driving!” Cathi replied.
“No way! You’ll kill us all! Anyway, I thought you’d just been ‘practicing’ not actually learning to drive!”
“Yeah, well, I’m pretty good…….”
“I say again, you will kill us all!”
“No I won’t. Cheeky!”
*******************
“WHY DID YOU NOT DESTROY THEM? I PRACTICLY SERVED THEM TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER!”
“Yes sir. We’re sorry sir. It won’t happen again sir.”
“NO, IT WON’T. GUARDS KILL THE FAILURES AND KILL THE WOMAN. AND DO IT RIGHT!”
“No! Please! Give us one more chance! We will kill them this time!”
“KILL THEM! TAKE THEM OUT OF MY SIGHT!”