We Need No Introduction

"Say I like you, we can get out.'

“I’m starting not to like this anymore,” I said as I shivered beneath a tree. Bam and I were soaked beneath a tree in the park, and now was not the time to wear a tank top. Good thing I had a black camisole on because my tank top was white.

“I am too,” Bam replied. “But you think they’re freaking out?”

“No,” I said. Then after a pause, I said, “Probably. Maybe… I don’t know… Most likely not.”

“What do you think they don’t care?” Bam asked with a laugh.

I shivered once more. “Bam, I’m freezing. I’m not wearing sleeves. I can’t really think about much else.”

“Come here,” he said, opening his arms up. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

“What?’

“Come here. We’ll share body heat and we’ll help warm each other up.”

“I have no body heat!” I said. “Besides. We can just walk back home.”

“It’s raining harder out there than under the tree we’re at.”

I looked in the distance. “I hate it when you’re right.”

Bam faked a laugh. “Yeah, we all do, now come here.”

I sighed and moved in-between his legs where he arms his arms around my shoulders. “If you get happy or touchy, I’m cutting everything off.”

“Got it,” he said.

The warm feeling I inherited from his body but much appreciated. It stopped my shivering and I even laid my head back onto his chest. I was still cold, just not so much as before.

“Your shirts pink,” he said with a laugh.

“My hair dye is running,” I said tiredly. Truth be told, I was so comfortable it made me tired. “That’s what happens when you dye it.”

“Did you just dye it?”

“Yeah,” I said.

These simple, free conversations were the things I loved. There was nothing to fight about, nothing to argue one… they were just simple. When Bam and I dated we had these all the time. We talked about anything that came to mind and we shared everything as well. We knew everything about each other basically. From the time each other was born down to the current pant size, we knew it about the other. During that time, things were so easy. I miss those times.

“You know what I miss?” Bam asked.

“What do you miss?”

“I miss us.”

“What do you mean?” I asked tiredly.

“I miss being with you.”

“I’m right here.”

“No, I mean… us dating, you know?”

“I’m not getting into this,” I said as I closed my eyes.

“Do you think we’d ever be like that again?”

“I don’t know. I doubt it.”

“Can I admit something to you?”

“I don’t care.”

“You’re the perfect girl for me.”

My heart stopped. I quickly jumped and turned around, eye level with him. Bam dropped his arms to his lap. “Why do you say that?”

He shrugged. “Because you are.”

“But why?”

“Why not?”

I sighed. “Bam, just give me a straight answer.”

“I guess it’s because you and me… we’re like peanut butter and jelly. They just go together.”

“That’s stupid analogy.”

Bam chuckled. “Yeah, I know. But it’s the best I could come up with. Anyway, like I was saying, you love the same stuff I do. Skateboarding, music, pranking people, pushing their buttons, stuff like that.”

“That only means we have the possibility to become great friends.”

“Maybe something more?”

I sighed and looked down at the wet grass. I needed some shout! to get these stains out. “Bam, we did that once before. We tried that before. You know how that ended up.”

I lifted my head to see Bam nod. “I know.”

“Then what’s the point you’re trying to make?”

“I’ve been thinking--”

“You’ve been doing a lot of that lately.” Bam chuckled nervously.

“Yeah, I guess I have but I’ve been thinking over something’s and… don’t freak…”

“What’s wrong?” I asked, now growing concerned.

“I… I know I love you, and I really do love you.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “But the way you’ve been talking, what kind of love do you mean?”

“I’m in love with you, pretty much.”

My breath hitched in my throat and I nearly choked on my air. I stared at his face; he was completely serious. “What?” I stumbled out. “Are you serious? No one’s ever said that to me and--”

“I know, I know, but I am serious. I mean it. I’ve been thinking on it and how else would you explain why I tried so bad to get on your good side and how I tried to get you in the good graces of your parents? Would I do that with anyone else? No. I would’ve cared less. If I wasn’t in love with you, then would I try to undo all the bad things I’ve done to you?”

My jaw dropped seconds ago and I had just now realized it. “I don’t know how to take that…”

“I don’t either… just take it however comes naturally.”

I felt Bam’s forehead. “Are you sure you aren’t getting a fever? It’s cold out here and you’re acting different.”

Bam took my hand away and held on to it. “I’m not getting a fever, and I’m completely sane right now. I’m serious about this. I’ve never been more serious about anything else in my life.”

“Even with skateboarding?”

“Yeah.”

“Wow. Heavy.”

“I know. Tell me about it.”

“Well… what are you going to do about it? Can you take a cold shower and make it go away?” I asked nervously. Bam laughed.

“We’re kinda in a giant cold shower.”

“Eh… true.”

“I really don’t know what to say.” Bam laughed, which made me smile. “What?”

Bam shook his head, his hand still holding onto mine, warming it up. “You don’t have to say anything, I guess. I really just had to tell you.”

I nodded, looking around but not really feeling the need to say anything. I then took my hand away and shifted my position back around and Bam’s arms wrapped around my shoulders. He put his chin right next to my neck and leaned his head on mine.

“That wasn’t the reaction I was expecting,” he admitted.

I chucked. “What was the reaction you were expecting?”

“That you’d totally freak out and run off.”

I shrugged the best I could. “I guess I didn’t.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“Why did you expect me to so bad?”

“I asked you first.”

“You did, but I asked you second.”

Bam laughed in my ear, sending the warmness of his breath onto my cheek. I was just wanting more warmth. “Just answer the question.”

I sighed. “I guess I didn’t because that was what you were expecting.”

“But you didn’t know I was expecting it.”

“True, but I’m predictable, am I not?”

“No, not really.”

I laughed. “Shut up. You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, I think I do. Every day you surprise me with what you’re going to do.”

“I do that with a lot of people.”

“Then you’re not predictable.”

“I guess not.”

“Then why did you say it?”

“This is a stupid argument.”

“True. What’s the real reason?”

“I don’t know. I was more shocked then anything.”

“Weren’t expecting it were you?”

I shook my head the best I could. “Not really.”

“Well, I’m ready to go back. Are you?”

“Yeah. I’m freezing.”

“Me too. I’ll walk you home then I’ll get whoever there to take me to my place.”

“Okay,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have some requests of you, dear reader.

1. Comment, like always. :] Can i get at least 10? I'd love to know your reactions!
2. Read my journal, it'd really mean a lot to me.
3. Refer this and my other stories to your friends.
4. Subscribe.
and 5. Check out my other stories and to the previously mentioned if you haven't.

Thank you. :]