The Cynical Prince

018: Do I Really Know You?

'I always thought I knew you...'

I had arrived at the party, to see that it was in a small club that I had visited myself a few times with my friends. I had a feeling Eric had money, but never that much money as to rent out the club for a night.

Eric had already given me what was promised and so far, all I really had to do was dance and then give one special guest of his a lap dance. He also told me there were only two other dancers there to help occupy the other men. He promised my safely telling me that all the men there know that I was..."his", whatever that meant, so no one would touch me.

That's all I had really cared about, someone touching me. Once I was inside, I put my stuff right behind the stage so I knew where it would be and I could grab it quickly at the sign of trouble. I took a deep breath and started dancing with the rest of the girls, knowing it was going to be a long night, taking a glance at Eric every now and then to see if he needed me yet.

When I would look over at him it was strange, he would always already be looking at me, smiling back at me. I felt strange knowing that he was watching me so intently like that, I felt like he thought of me as more than just a stripper. That was never good.

"Violet, our guest is here." Eric took my by the hand and led me over to a small group of men in the back who all looked very unhappy. They parted and my breath was caught in my throat. I couldn't believe my eyes, there looking at all of the other men maliciously was Dean.

Why in the world would Dean be here?!

"Inspector, this is our little, treat for you. Her name's violet and let me tell you, a fantastic dancer." Inspector? What the hell was going on? I froze looking at Dean who glanced over at me and looked confused for a moment but then his look turned to one of boredom.

"Diaz, I thought I was here for business." Eric smirked, wrapped his arms around me from behind, and gently placed a kiss on my neck. I wanted to smack him, runaway, puke, something, but I knew I couldn't.

Dean was here, he was being called inspector and he knew Eric, why did he know Eric?!

"Now, now, are you really going to refuse this gift? My Violet loves to please." He pushed me forward by my butt and towards Dean. Dean looked at Eric and then at me grabbing my hand.

"Do your best darling." Dean told me and I took a deep breath and gave him a smirk. I started moving my hips. I turned around removing my vest to reveal the lace push up I had and turned around bending over, looking him in the eyes as I did. I could tell he was searching me, his eyes wander from mine to my back, and that's when I remembered.

"Your tattoo." Dean whispered and his hands caressed my back. I looked up at Eric who was smirking at Dean and then looked over at Sam. He looked away from closing his eyes not wanting to look at me.

Something was wrong.

"Recognize her, Inspector?" Eric grabbed me from Dean by my hair and I let out a small yelp. Dean shot out from his chair as my heart started to pound in my chest. I couldn't believe this was happening to me, I didn't understand.

"Alessa, am I right? That's your name, your real name." I looked over at Sam and glared at him.

"You bastard! Let go of me!" I yelled and tried desperately to get free but Eric only tugged harder on my hair. I turned and slapped him in the face, which caused him to let go of my hair. He seemed to be in shock as I ran to get my bag from behind the stage.

"Alessa!" I heard Dean call my name as I reached my bag someone grabbed onto my ankle causing me to fall hard onto the stage and hit my head. I clutched onto my bag as I was dragged back to Eric who looked furious. Then next thing I knew I was on the floor, cradling a bloody nose.

"I like you, Alessa. Really, I do. I could offer you so much more than this asshole. But, life's your choice. Inspector here is the deal, you come back to L.A. within the next month, with what you took from us, along with all the names of the people who help you put away my father." Eric glared at him as Dean just stared at me. Tears fell from my eyes and I just clutched my bag wondering how exactly I was going to be getting out of there.

"Or what?" Eric smirked at him and bent down to me, I closed my eyes not wanting to know what he was going to do to me. His hand caressed my face and then he stood back up.

"Alessa pays for your sins, Inspector." Dean clenched his jaw but went over to me and picked me up, cradling me in his arms.

"Fine. I don't want you anywhere near her again Diaz, do you understand me? I promise you all hell will break loose." Eric glared at Dean and we walked out.

"Run to the car, when you hear it, run to the car." I looked at Dean confused when at the door he turned around and shouted Sam's name.

"This is for betraying me. Looks like I can't have faith in people." He lifted a gun and shot Sam in chest. Eric glared and shots were being fired back. I bit my lip and ran to the car as fast as I could, Dean quickly making his way to the car. He had the keys out already and opened the door. I opened my door as quickly as I could and got in.

"Duck!" He opened the window and shot at them more, as they all came rushing to us, bullets flying everywhere. He stepped on the gas so hard I could have sworn we would have gone flying, driving right into the crowd of men that were sending the bullets at us and speeding on.

I started to hyperventilate, sitting back in my seat as Dean continued to look back to make sure no one was following us. I looked in my bag to see that everything was still there, even the money Eric had paid me. I was a bit shocked, if he knew who I really was and was planning all of this, why would he give me the money?

"What's that?" I looked up at Dean who was still clenching his jaw focusing on the road ahead.

"Twenty-five thousand. Eric paid me before I started." Dean looked at me an eyebrow raised.

"Eric? You call him Eric? How exactly do you know him?" I was shocked. Was he really asking me the questions?

"Excuse me? I was fucking shot and you ask me how do I know him?! Dean, tell me what the fuck is going on, because I went there to make money! Okay? I strip for money, to make sure that I can put my ass through school and make sure Tagan lives under a nice roof do you under-fucking-stand me!?" Tears started to fall from my eyes as I thought of Tagan. I just wanted to go home and hold him.

"I-I'm sorry, Alessa. Listen come, on you can't go home like this, I'll take you to my place." I nodded my head wanting to forget everything that just happened.

"Okay." I whispered, looking out the window. I only had one question on my mind.

Who is Dean?
♠ ♠ ♠
o0o0o, do you likey???