The Cynical Prince

023: Stalked

'My son...'

When I awoke I heard the beeping of a heart monitor, and I knew right away that I had been placed in the hospital yet again. I wondered where Eric went, if he had stayed with me or if he had ran off to make sure he didn't get caught with me, however what I didn't expect to see was Dean, Genieve, and Eric all sitting in my hospital room. I could have sworn hell froze over and pigs were flying because Eric and Dean were in the same room and not fighting or shooting at one another. Either that or I was really still asleep or this was all just some odd fucked up dream that I had been forced into.

"D-Dean?" I questioned as he goes up and walked over to me. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing but, I knew he was real when he took hold of my hand. That's when I looked over at Genieve knowing that this was her doing.

"Alessa, how are you feeling?" I looked at him and then over at Eric.

"Confused. What the hell is going on? Has anyone checked up on Tagan?" Eric looked at me confused. I had completely forgotten that he didn't know about Tagan. I looked down ashamed at myself for even letting that slip but I wanted to make sure that my son was okay.

"Alessa, I'm sure Tagan's fine what we need to talk about right now is your condition, you need to take it easy." Genieve told me but I wasn't buying it. I wanted someone to go call to check on Tagan while we discussed my issue. Wait what issue?

"What's wrong with me?" I questioned as they all looked at me worriedly.

"When you passed out in the restaurant I took you straight here, they told me you had a panic attack and that the stress wasn't good for the baby." I looked at Eric horrified, Dean now knew about the baby and Eric? What a terrific fucking day for me this is turning out to be.

"...so everyone knows I'm pregnant?" They all nodded their heads and I just fell back into the hospital bed. I had no idea what I was going to do as Dean approached me taking my hand.

"Why didn't you call me? Tell me that-that this happened?" I took a deep breath looking down at the sheets that covered me. Dean was right in a way but when you fear that the person you love will be taken away that does change things just a bit.

"I was scared. Eric had threatened you!" Dean rolled his eyes at me getting up from his seat.

"That obviously didn't stop you! You went out with the guy!" Eric glared at Dean standing up to defend himself.

"To be fair, I forced her out! I told her the things you didn't, Winters." Dean looked at Eric shocked. All of a sudden everyone stopped fighting when they heard my heart monitor beat faster.

"Alessa, calm down. You can't get up your heart rate. You have toxemia." The doctor had rushed in checking my pulse and looking at me sternly. I couldn't believe that I had gotten this condition so early in my pregnancy. I knew for a fact that with everything that was going on that I wasn't going to be able to calm down as quickly as usual. When the doctor was done he checked my charts and then looked up at me seriously.

"It’s a mild case but since you have it so early on in the pregnancy, you have to take it easy." I nodded my head in understanding, knowing that with anymore stress I put my life and the baby's at risk. The doctor headed out the door while everyone looked at me. I looked straight at Genieve.

"Call Chase now, because that's where Tagan is. I need to know he's okay first, then I will deal with both of you being here." Genieve nodded her head and left the room as I tried hard to calm myself before I started yelling at both Dean and Eric.

Eric I could tell was confused and had some many questions himself and I felt like since he was already here that there was no use trying to hide anything anymore. Why should I? All my secrets were basically out for everyone to see and Dean being here proved that.

"Eric, come here." I patted the bed beside me as Dean looked at me like I was crazy.

"O-okay." I took a deep breath and stared at Eric directly into his eyes.

"A year ago my husband passed away leaving me and my son alone. My son is five years old and his name is Tagan. Not too long ago, Dean came into the picture and we rekindled our high school romance. Hence the baby I am currently caring." Eric seemed slightly shocked but nodded his head slowly in understanding.

"What the hell, Alessa!" Dean shouted at me as Eric got up from the bed rolling his eyes at Dean.

"He might as well know! And you know what at least he had the guts to stick around when I was put in the hospital. There's gotta be someone nice in there." Just then Genieve barged in flustered and obviously disturbed.

My heart started to beat faster as she began to blurt out incomprehensible words.

"What's wrong, Genieve?" I asked nervously. I could tell something was wrong, I could feel it but I knew getting all worked up would only weaken my condition.

"Genieve, please..." She bit her lip and looked at Eric and Dean nervously.

"Some...people took Tagan. They want Dean." Tears glazed my eyes as I tried hard to keep my heartbeat steady. Dean looked at me and then closed his eyes.

"They followed you."
♠ ♠ ♠
FORGIVE ME!! I promise things will be coming out more often.