When I Come Around

Great news!!

The next day I woke up and looked at my alarm clock. It read 8.17.
Woah…. Random time.

Then I spotted Tre still sleeping in MY bed.

He woke me up yesterday just because Mike was making pancakes, so I’ll wake him up today just because of something… like… Let’s make breakfast today.

“Oh… it’s payback time.” I mumbled and poured a bucket of cold… no, no… freezing water on his head.

As he was about to scream I quickly covered his mouth with my hand. I didn’t want to wake up Mike.

“Let’s make breakfast!” I whispered and let go of his mouth.

He looked at the clock and whispered back: “At 8.17 in the morning?”

“Yeah… I’m hungry.” I replied with an innocent smile on my face.

I can’t believe I just did that! A few days back I wouldn’t even dream about something like that. If only Lindsey and Nick (my mom and dad) could see me right now… Wait! I don’t think that’s such a good idea… Oh and yeah… I’ve decided to call Mike dad today. I think he’ll be very surprised, but happy and thrilled. And also… I think I should call Tre and Billie Joe uncles now, like the other kids do. I feel like a part of this family now….Although I’ve been here just for a few days.

“Mia, Mia!” Tre started waving his hand in front of my face.

“Yes, Tre?”

“We’ve gotta make that breakfast soon. Or else Mike will wake up first. What were you thinking anyways?”

“ I was just thinking, that I should call Mike dad from now on. I mean… He has adopted me and I haven’t called anyone like that in many years.”

“I agree with you on that, but still.. It’s your decision. “

“I’ve decided! And it’s final! I’m going to call him dad!”

“Great! Now let’s go make that breakfast!”

We silently walked downstairs to the kitchen and I decided that we should do a dessert called Tiramisu. It’s full of coffee! Great!! It’s just perfect for dad. He ADORES coffee. And I must admit it. I love it too.

“Okay… What do we need? For the ummm…. whatever we’re doing.” Asked Tre.

“Ever heard of Tiramisu?”

“Nope? Is it alcoholic?”

“Haha… Tre you crack me up. No. It’s not alcoholic. Although you can put some rum in it.”

“Okay…. So what do we need?”

I told him everything we needed and he looked trough the cabinets. We had everything. Great.

“Now let’s get started.” I said and we did. I was just about to open some whipping cream as the phone rang.

“Shit!” I whispered and quickly answered the phone.

“Yes?” I said into the receiver.

“Hi Mia. It’s Adie.”

“Oh, hi Adie. How are you?”

“Great, thank you. Anyways I just wanted to ask Mike if it was ok if we come by like… now.”

“Well… Mike’s still asleep…. But I think it’s ok if you stop by.”

“Great. Thanks.”

“Okay. See you soon.” I said and hung up.

“Who was that?” Tre asked when I came back into the kitchen.

“Adie.” I said “They’ll be here in a few minutes.”

“They will?” Tre said “Ok.”

We finished the just as someone knocked on the door. I put the dessert in the fridge and went to open the front door.

“Hi!” I greeted Adie and Billie Joe. I looked over their shoulders and saw that they were alone. No signs of Joey and Jake.

“Where are Joey and Jake?” I asked them when we all sat down on the sofas in the living room.

“Oh…. Since you don’t have school at the moment we’ve decided to send them to Adie’s parents for a little while.” Billie Joe answered.

“Cool.” I said, looking a little sad. Joey said that he’l cal. I can’t believe he forgot something like that. I mean he fucking kissed me god dammit!

“Ammm.. Mia? Joey gave me and envelope and said thet I must give it to you as soon as I see you. Sooo.. Here you go.” Adie said handing over a white envelope.

“Thank you.” I said and stuffed it in my pocket. I’ll lead it later I thought.

“Sooo… Why exactly are you here?” Tre said, curious.

"Well... we have some great news, and some not so great news... Wich do you prefer to hear first?" Billie Joe said.