Status: Permanent Hiatus due to the tragedy of The Rev's untimely death. RIP Jimmy

You Say You Want A Revolution

Chapter Five

7.7.1997
Venge’s POV

“Hey, Venge. What’re you doing sitting here?” Zacky asked, sitting on the towel next to me.

“Sitting.” I said simply, marking my page in the new book I was reading.

“Well, I can see that. Why?” He pressed, rolling his eyes at my answer.

“Because I can.” I said, looking over at him.

“Yeah, but we’re at the beach… You can sit and read anywhere. It’s Bri’s birthday, you should be out in the water with us.” He said, looking out at the ocean.

I followed his gaze, seeing Lotus trying to drown Brian for throwing seaweed on her head. “Because I don’t want to.”

He looked back over at me, “That’s a shitty reason. You never get in the water with us when we go to the beach.”

“Because I don’t want to. Now drop it, Zachary.” I said, opening my book to the page I’d stopped on.

He stared at me for a couple minutes, making me uncomfortable.

“WHAT?!” I screamed, looking up at him when I’d had enough.

“You can’t swim, can you?”

I glared, “Of course I can swim.” I said, looking back down at my book. “Just not in the ocean.”

“Ha! I knew it!”

“Shut up, Zachary.” I said, irritated.

“Well, come on. I’ll teach you.” He told me.

I looked up at him, narrowing my eyes. “You’re gonna let me drown, or get eaten by a shark. I know you Zacky Baker.”

He sighed and grabbed my hand, pulling me up and towards the water, “I’m not gonna let you drown or get eaten by a shark. Just trust me, Venge. Okay?”

I groaned, “If it will make your day complete, then I guess I’ll let you, but if I see a fin, you’re getting pushed towards it.”

He laughed, “Deal.”


“Okay, Zacky. Just do what I do. It’ll take some practice.” I said, waiting for a wave to start pushing my board towards the beach before standing and getting my balance. “Shit!” I screamed as the curl washed over me, knocking me into the water.

I surfaced to see all our friends laughing. “Shut the fuck up, the water attacked me.” I said, climbing back onto my surfboard and paddling over to them.

“Well, let the master show you how it’s done.” Lotus said, paddling out and standing on her board, the curl knocking her under as well.

“Ooh, good job. You really showed me, Lotus.”

She splashed me in passing, pushing Brian off his board for laughing at her.

He surfaced and launched himself over his board, tackling Lotus into the water.

I rolled my eyes, “They’re gonna drown each other.” I said, shivering as a gust of wind hit us all. “I’m gonna go in. It’s freezing.” I said, heading for the shore.

“Yeah, me too.” Zacky said, following.

I looked back at our other friends, seeing them heading for shore, too. “Damn, they didn’t drown.” I sighed, “Oh well. I’ll be sole owner of Revolution one day.”

Lotus kicked some sand at me, “In your dreams, bitch.”

“I know I am.” I told her, stripping out of my wetsuit once we were in our downstairs, running up to put on some dry clothes.