Trying and Failing.

Chapter One

She measured her happiness by his. She was his forever, his little angel.

She sat on his lap everyday, but this time was different. There was a thick sadness in his eyes as he diligently twisted her white-blonde hair around his index finger.

“You’ll always be daddy’s little angel right?” he asked her softly.

“Of course Daddy! I love you.”

“ I love you too, Hunny. But promise daddy you’ll always be his perfect little angel, no matter what.”

“I promise!” She squeaked, annoyed by her father’s unusual persistence. She was feeling uncomfortable. His strong legs were shaking uncertainly, bouncing her small five-year old body all over the place. She had to fight to stay on.

The strangeness went on from there. Even though her day went on seemingly normal, nothing seemed okay anymore. Her childishness had disappeared; she didn’t want to do anything she use to. She wouldn’t play hide and seek for she was afraid someone would forget about her. She wouldn’t play with her Barbies because they all seemed so fake and plastic. In the pit of her stomach, and, maybe somewhere in the back of her five year old mind, she knew something was wrong. Something bad was going to happen, though she couldn’t fully understand what yet, she knew.

Irony has a funny way of sneaking up on you, and that’s exactly what it did to her.

That night her father tucked her into bed with a brand new plush teddy bear with pure white fur and wings as beautiful and big as her crystal blue eyes. Tears began to slip from his eyes as he kissed her head.

“What’s wrong daddy?” she asked, worry filling her eyes.

“Nothing, Hunny. Daddy wants to be an angel, too. He wants to live in heaven,” he whispered to her.

“But Daddy, you are an angel. Where do you think I get it from?”

His tears turned into sobs as he turned and left the room, he loved her more then he had ever loved anyone or anything but he couldn’t keep faking it. He couldn’t keep barely making it. Not with her around to see and mirror his every move. He couldn’t bare to see her grow up just like him.

Daddy wants to be an angel, too; he wants to live in heaven.

So he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is going to be a short story maybe five chapters.
c/c please?