Messed Up Youthful Innocence

Sitting Out Dances, Taking Chances, Taking Pills

(Erelin’s POV)

“Erelin… can I ask you something?” Chrissy asked as I pulled out a bag of chips and set it on the table for me and her to eat.

“Uhhhh sure?” I said as I grabbed two cans from the fridge.

“Did you put Kayla on birth control yet?”

“Yea…”I said slowly as I set down the cans of pop and sat down across from her at the kitchen table.

“When??”

“Like a month or two ago… I think. Pete realized that Kayla was starting to grow boobs even though she has been growing them since about 7th grade. He was afraid that there were more boys like him when he was her age that would want to touch her. So he told me to do something about it.”

“And what did you say?” She asked she opened her pop.

“I said that I’m sorry huge boobs run in the family? He should know that by now. That was one of the reasons why he fell for me…”

“Hahaha. That is true.” Chrissy giggled.

“Yea. Well how about you? Did you put Katie on it?”

“Yea, it was weird too. She came up to me recently, and she asked if she could be put on the pill.”

“Really? Does Andy know?”

“Oh God no! He would go insane. Does Pete know?”

“Well he wanted me to handle the situation, but he doesn’t know how.”

“Ahhh.”

All of sudden, I heard the front door open.

“Mom, There’s a package for you…”

“Bring it to me.” I said confused as Petey came into the kitchen followed by Drew.

“Here, come on. I have to let you listen to this new melody I wrote.” Petey said to Drew.

With that, the boys headed downstairs to the studio.

“Hmmm I wonder what this is…” I said as I opened the huge box.

I pulled out the tape off the brown box. I opened it to reveal another white box. I opened it up to see a piece of paper and a nice red dress.

“When did you get this? And more so, what event is coming up that you didn’t tell me about…”

“I don’t know…”

I picked up the receipt and looked at the information. It was billed under my credit card so that’s why it had my name. But I never bought this dress especially a $250 dress. I’ve never seen it in my whole life. At the bottom of the receipt it said “thank you for purchasing your prom dress with us…”

“Oh God.” I groaned.

“What?” Chrissy asked.

I walked over to the intercom and spoke into it.

“Kayla Evelyn Wentz, come down here now!” I said.

I turned around to face Chrissy who gave me a confused look. Within seconds, I heard her and Katie running down the stairs.

“Yes, Mom?” she asked innocently.

“What the hell did you buy with my credit card?”

She walked over to the box and looked all happy.

“My prom dress! It finally came!” She said excitedly as she pulled it out of the box and ran upstairs with it.

“COME BACK HERE!” I yelled.

She stopped in her tracks and turned around.

“Kayla, why did you take my credit card with out asking?”

“Technically I didn’t take it…”

“And how is that possible if it’s your dress and my name is on the billing address?”

“Because Dad took your credit card?” She said.

I rolled my eyes right as I heard Andy and Pete come upstairs from the studio. “Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the Third.”

“Shit Middle Names…” Pete said as him and Andy stopped dead in there tracks.

“Did you let Kayla use my credit card?”

“Yea… why?” He said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!?! Why didn’t you both tell me?”

“Well, we didn’t have to…”

“Yes you did. It was my credit card.” I said cutting off Pete.

“It’s my money that I give to you.”

“Technically it’s not. It’s our money seeing that we both work. You are in a band. I manage one.” I said.

“Either way, it’s done and I got my dress.”

“You could have just told me that. Instead of me freaking out in the first place. What would have happened if I checked my account and saw that I had money missing? I would have gone more insane.” I said.

“Honey, calm down. I let Kayla use it. It’s not a problem at all if she asked me.”

“I’m also the parent to you know and it wasn’t your credit card. It was mine. Why didn’t you ask for your father’s if he was right there next to you…”

“Because he said to do it on your’s.” Kayla said.

“Pete!” I screamed.

“Kayla!” Pete screamed.

“Just go to your rooms…and yes I meant you too, Pete.”

“Must I sneak in again like we did how many years ago when you got grounded all the time?” Andy said.

“Yea dude it will be fun. Then we can jump off the roof again.” Pete said as him and Andy walked away.

“Sometimes I feel like I’m raising three kids.” I said.

“Hahaha tell it me about it.” Chrissy said as I collapsed in the chair next to her.