A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Thank You For The Venom

Chapter 10

"Erelin!"

I picked up my head from the table. I guess I fell asleep while studying for my AP History final that I already know I was going to fail anyways. I haven't been able to sleep. Actually, I have but at odd places. Mostly school or the studio. I adjusted my eyes to see that I was in the studio. I looked over to see who woke me up: Pete.

"Guess what!" Pete said.

"What!" I yawned.

"Just guess."

"You woke me up to play a guessing game?"

"No..."

"Well then just tell me."

"You guys are going on tour with us in the spring."

"What?!" I said as I got up from my chair.

"Yea I already told Billy and Sam. Jon broke the news to Chrissy."

"Wait... Why Jon?"

"They are going with us too... Along with The Academy Is... You guys are going ot be opening for all of us."

"No way!"

"Yea, it will help you guys build a bigger crowd and promote your cd. And you're not the only ones. Us and TAI are promoting our new ones too."

"True. Oh my God... I am so excited!"

"See and now you're stuck with me. We haven't been able to talk like we use to."

"Well I can't help the fact that I'm trying to juggle school and making a cd."

"Well it will all over soon. Then we can catch up again." he said as he messed up my hair and walked over to Patrick by the soundboard.

Great, touring in the spring...before I graduate.... and with Brendon and Pete. No I'm not gonna go insane. I won't...promise?
*******

We were all meeting up with all the bands and managers to discuss the plans for tour. We all decided to meet up in Chicago since the majority of us lived here. Our CD was already done. Our manager, Bob was in love with it. Pete and Johnny loved the finishing project. We were going to release it two weeks before we left for tour starting off in Colorado.

We decided to meet up in a place that we could have privacy, but at the same time, have fun as well. So I offered to have the get together at my house. We planned to cook by BBQ for the non-vegans and since Sam was a vegan, he decided to make the meals for the non meat lovers.

Billy and I started to grill when finally 5 o'clock. Everyone started to show up. Some of Fall Out Boy arrived.

"Hey!"

I looked up to see Patrick, Pete, Ashlee, and a strawberry-haired girl standing next to Patrick. She was very pretty and petite.

"Hey you guys! Make yourselves comfortable."

"Erelin, this is Jenny, my girlfriend."

"Hi! Patrick never mentioned you before. Thanks Patrick."

"Well half the time, I'm fighting with you on how a song should sound. Sorry it sorta slipped my mind."

"Thanks, honey. You're so sweet. Patrick's told me on how great your voice is. He told me he's never heard a voice like yours before." Jenny said as Patrick wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Aww thanks," I said as I blushed.

"Make yourself comfortable. There's drinks and chips and stuff on the table over there." I said as I pointed over at the tables we had set up in my backyard patio.

All of Fall Out Boy then arrived. Finally The Academy Is... and Panic! started to arrive as well.

"Erelin, Billy, you guys know William Beckett right?" Pete said introducing us to the skinny singer with a red headed girl next to him.

"Hey! Erelin and another Billy. Awesome. This is my girlfriend, Amanda."

"Hi!"

"Erelin, that's a pretty name."

"Thanks."

Amanda and I started to hit it off pretty well. She told me stories on how she met William, and I told her about school and singing and stuff. In the middle of our conversation, she got a text message.

"Where is my little bro?" She said as she texted him.

"Who?"

"Oh, Brendon. He's like my little brother. We talk a lot. He's actually mentioned you a lot," she said with a smile.

"Really?" I said as I felt my heart stop.

"Good or bad?"

"Good stuff. Trust me...Oh he's here," she said as she read the text she just got again.

"We're here!" Jon announced.

I giggled as I saw Chrissy light up and run up the stairs. My kitchen and deck are on the second floor. So Amanda and I laughed when she sorta tripped up but didn't hurt herself. Her and her clumsiness. She hasn't told me if her and Jon were dating or not, but I can tell they will hook up pretty soon by how they are kissing. Jon and Chrissy joined us at the table and started to talk with us.

"Where's Brendon?" Amanda asked.

"Right here."

Amanda and I looked up to see Brendon coming through the deck door...with another girl with pink hair.

"Oh God. I thought he got rid of her," she whispered.

"Who is that?" I asked in fear.

"His ex, Audrey."

Right then, my heart dropped... and I knew this wasn't going to be a good night at all.