A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Eww Cotton Candy?

Chapter 11
(Brendon's POV)

As much as I wanted to be holding Erelin's hand instead of Audrey's, I thought I should see if I still like Audrey. We still talk, and she is still the reason why I don't want to date. I still have feelings for her and I'm starting to have strong feelings for Erelin as well. And I'm just making this more complicated for myself.

"Brendon!! Can I see you for sec," Amanda said as she got up quickly and grabbed my arm to pull me aside.

Uh-oh. This is what we call "Big sister, Little Brother talk." also know as "Brendon, you did something complete stupid like you always do and we need to talk." I was still holding Audrey's hand as she followed me as well. Amanda stopped and turned around.

"Alone," Amanda said in a mad tone. Ouch.

"Yes, mommy dearest?" I said in an innocent voice.

"What is she doing here?"

"I brought her along?"

"Brendon, I thought you were over her! Tell me the truth."

"Honestly, I'm confused."

"Confused? Brendon, you're making not only yourself confused, but two other girls confused as well."

"What? Oh so you talked to Erelin for me?"

"Yea... and she looked pretty upset when you came through the door with... that cotton candy person."

"Audrey?"

"I refuse to call her by her name. She looks like cotton candy and has the IQ of it too."

"Amanda."

"Look at Erelin."

I turned around to see Erelin looking sort of sad as she cleaned up a little bit. Audrey sort of bumped into her and got ketchup on her shirt. I can see her clenching her mouth shut as Audrey didn't even say sorry. She put down everything and marched away angrily inside the house.

"Oh God," I said as I followed after her.

"Brendon?" Audrey said as I walked upstairs.

"I'll be back," I yelled back as I entered the kitchen from the deck.

I walked out the kitchen towards the hall that leads to all the bedrooms. I stopped in front of the door that I knew was Erelin's room. It was obvious seeing that there are pictures of her and her friends and cousins, and many band stickers along with posters of plays which I guess she was part of. I sighed and knocked on the door.

"I'm changing. Go away," Erelin said from the other side of the door.

I knocked on it again.

"What does 'Go away' mean to you jeez!"

I knocked again, keeping myself quiet.

"WHAT?!" She said as she opened the door.

Her eyes were a little puffy, which were probably from crying. I didn't want her to cry. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. It may be a plot to get her jealous to want me more, but I want her more. And I still like Audrey. Man I'm weaving such a tangled web.

"What?" She said.

"Uhhh," I looked as she was just in jeans and a cute red bra.

"Hey, there you two are... we need... whoa!" Pete said coming out of nowhere.

Erelin sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Oh My God, it's boobs. It's not like you haven't seen them before. If you haven't, I feel so bad for you guys."

"No... we have. We just never saw your's before. wow," I said as I kept staring.

"Hey you two. My eyes are right here," Erelin said as she raised eyes heads and closed our mouths by our jaws.

She then walked over into her room and grabbed a shirt from her closet.

"Sorry... wait, Erelin have you been crying?" Pete asked as he followed into her room.

"No..."

"Lies. I'm not stupid," He said as he put his arm around her.

I felt my fists clench. I hate how they have a good relationship with her. If I had known any better, Pete would dump Ashlee in a minute to be with Erelin. I can tell.

"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about. Trust me. Come on, I got chocolate chip cookie dough in the freezer. Hey Brendon, why don't you ask Cotton Candy if she wants some," Erelin said as she walked past me.

Pete then looked at Erelin then me. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

"This is going to be harder than I thought," I mumbled under my breath as I followed them outside again.