A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Balancing It All Out

Chapter 11

“How much longer do I have to endure this?” I thought to myself.

I heard giggling from both sides of me. On my left was the dumb couple: Ashlee and Pete. On the other side of me was even the more dumb couple: Brendon and Audrey. I had to endure this for one more day.

I was in LA for a secret show. It was the beginning of my spring break, so Fall Out Boy decided to do a secret show with my band and Panic! opening seeing that we would be opening for them soon. I was a little upset. We were going start tour the day after prom. Not only was that upsetting me, the fact that I don’t have a prom date. Our manager, Nick, told us that we would be able attend both prom and graduation. The fixed tour so it could revolve around our schedules. We would have to take finals a couple days early which we didn’t mind at all. I wasn’t worrying about everything… yet.

I felt someone sit next to me as I stared at the TV. Not paying any attention to the fact that I was alone by myself.

“Morning sleepy head.” I said to Sam.

He groaned in sleepiness as he rested his head on my shoulder. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had received a text message.

“Hey. What are you doing?”.

“Steve?! Why are you talking to him again?!” Sam yelled in my ear as he read over my shoulder.

“Who’s Steve?” Brendon asked right away, sounding a little angry too.

“None of your business.” I mutter loud enough for him to hear.

“Well it is mine. What are you thinking?” Sam said.

“Sam, he texted me. I didn’t text him first.” I said.

“And how do I know that you’re not lying to me?”

“I wouldn’t lie about this matter, Sam.”

“Who is he?” Brendon asked again.

“I told you none of your business.” I said as I got up and headed to the spare room.

I had put my things in there ‘cause I had slept over here. I really needed to talk to someone. Chrissy was staying at Patrick and Jenny’s place with Jon. She’s my best friend, but since she’s not here in person right now, looks like I have to settle to the next best thing: Sam.

“Hey.” Sam said as he appeared out nowhere, reading my thoughts somehow.

“Hey.” I sighed as I collapsed on the bed.

“Wanna talk?”

“It’s like you’re reading my mind.” I said as he closed the door and lied down next to me.

“Steve? Why this again? You know damn well Chrissy’s gonna flip out on you.” He asked in a pleading sort of way.

“Honestly, he was the one texting me first. And yes I would respond, but come on, you know I can’t just let go.”

Steve was my first boyfriend. Yea you know this story… why must I bore you with my pathetic life. If you already know the outcome. He cheated. Simple as that. I’d rather have you at the edge of your seats over Brendon and Pete then the one who half the songs are dedicated to. They are more exciting then him, trust me.

“Honestly, why are you doing this?”

“Why?? Because there are two boys who I can’t have in the next room. That’s why.” I said quietly.

“Erelin, sometimes things can’t always go your way on who you want.”

“But, when have they ever? Look at my life: mother-less at the age of 12, boyfriend cheating on me with my cousin, my dad doesn’t want me to give up my life for this bad. Honestly, this band is the only thing that has gone right in my life.”

“Erelin, don’t freak out. Maybe things will look up.”

“I highly doubt it. I hate being lead on. And when you look at Pete and I or Brendon and I, it sucks. It’s an endless roller coaster.” I said.

“Well don’t let it get to you. I’d hate to see you crabby. Come on, let’s lighten the mood. Wanna go relax in the hot tub?”

“How about later? When it gets cooler outside? I wanna take a nap.” I said.

“Alright go ahead. I’ll be right here.” He said as I got comfortable and went to dreamland.