A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Being Lectured... Again

Just to let you guys know, I wrote the first half. The second half was written by Amanda. By the way, thanks for writing it, Amanda!
**********
(Brendon’s POV)
“Brendon, can you stop playing games and just dump Audrey already.” Ryan said as we were sitting there eating dinner.

I glanced over at Erelin. She had the fake smile on her face. I can always tell. The bottom of her face is all happy, but I can tell by her eyes. They tell a different story.

“Yea, can you stop hurting our best friend and just ask her out
already.” Billy said with Sam agreeing as well.

“I know. It’s just…”

“What?” Sam said impatiently.

“I don’t know. I really do like her. I just need to get things straight.” I said trying to think of a good answer.

Honestly, I didn’t know what I was doing anymore. Every single day I get annoyed by Audrey. I just want to get to know Erelin better, and yet, Audrey’s pulling me back. All of a sudden the whole table looked over at me. I locked gazes at Erelin for a few seconds then put my head down, I guess to show her my shame for what I’ve been doing to her.

“I still don’t get you sometimes. You know damn well you like Erelin the moment you saw her. Jon told me you couldn’t stop looking at her. Yet, you’re with Audrey who you dumped months before. I’m surprised she took you back.” Ryan said.

“Yea” I said as I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her.

“And you’re not making it any easier on yourself with Audrey in tow. You’re already hurting our best friend. We’ve seen her go through enough already.” Billy said.

“Yea, especially with Steve.” Sam added.

“Speaking of him, I asked Chrissy, and she…”

“YOU’RE TALKING TO HIM AGAIN?!” Chrissy yelled from across the
room.

Erelin looked over at our table and started to sort of slouch in her chair.

“Wait. Erelin’s talking to Steve!?” Billy asked.

“Yea, he texted her yesterday.” Sam said.

“Who is he?” I asked.

“Her ex boyfriend. If you want to know about him, ask her. And while you’re at it, start making out with her. She moans your name in her sleep. It grossed me out yesterday.” Sam said.

“She what?” I asked.

“Don’t tell her I told you this. She was dreaming about you yesterday after we left the room to talk. She fell asleep and moaned your name in a good way. I swear if it seemed like she had a girl boner.”

I didn’t know what to say. Why? Because last night I dreamt of her too. And let’s just say I might have had a boner as well. I woke up next to Audrey who took care of the situation, but the whole time, I kept thinking of Erelin. Gross I know, but hey you’re in my head!

“Just please go talk to her, like now!” Billy said.

“Fine!” I said.

I don’t even know how to start off the conversation. I got up and walked over to the table. They didn’t seem to notice me.

“Erelin, don’t give up. I’ll talk to Brendon about…” Amanda started to
say.

“Talk to me about what???” I said as I raised my eyebrow.

Everyone looked up at me a little scared. It was a silent for a bit until Erelin stood up.
“To tell you… That I’m done playing games. I’m sick and tired of this. I’m done.” She said simply.

I looked into her eyes. I could tell she was sort of meaning it. I tried to tell her that I was going to stop this. Do this all just for her. To get to know her, and to have her in my arms for real this time. No more games. But I just had to screw that up.

“Come on Chris. We have to get ready. I’ll talk to you guys later.” She said.

I watched her walk away with Chrissy following her. I sighed and turned around to go back to the table.

“And where do you think you’re going, Brendon Boyd Urie?” Amanda said.

Ouch! She used the middle name too. I’m in trouble.

“Um, back to the table with the other guys?” I said knowing that was not going to happen.

“No, you are not. Sit! We need to have a little chat.” She said big sisterly.

“Look, if it is about Erelin, I can explain.” I said nervously.

I have known Amanda for the last year and a half. We met at a party that William had brought her to. We hit it off well as friends and she became like this older sister to me, always giving me advice on things when I needed it. However, sometimes I wouldn’t listen and like now I haven’t been listening and have hurt Erelin.

“You are darn right it is about Erelin.” She said pissed. “You have hurt a really good friend of mine that seems to care about you although I can’t imagine why after how you flip flop back and forth with her.” She said as I sat down next to her.

“I can’t lose her. I did not mean to hurt her.” I said with my head down.

“Well, first of all let me ask you this. Do you love Cotton Candy?” Amanda asked knowing I hate it when she calls Audrey that.

“Well, I thought I did.” I replied.

“There is no you thought you did. Either you do or you don’t. Brendon when are you going to wake up? Cotton…um…Audrey is only with you for the fame and attention. She is only using you. She has hurt your fans and isn’t very nice at all. Pretty much I think she’s a bitch. I tried to tolerate her just for our friendship sake but frankly I want to punch her out.” Amanda said telling me how she really feels.
“So, do you love Audrey?” She asked again.

“No.” I replied thinking that she was right in how Audrey treats people. She has used me in the past, which is why I broke up with her in the first place.

“Do you like Erelin?” Amanda asked me in all seriousness.

“Yes, but I don’t know what to say or do to make her talk to me again. I’ve screwed up and been a jerk to her.” I said ashamed.

Something keeps pulling me towards Erelin but I don’t know what it is. I know I want to be around her more and with that dream I had, it makes me think that maybe we should be together. How do I make this right?

“Hey, earth to Brendon!” Amanda said smacking me on the back of my head getting me out of my thoughts.

“What was that for?” I asked rubbing my head.

“That was your wake up call. What are you going to do about Erelin?” She asked.

“I don’t know. She probably does not want to speak to me again.” I said sighing.

“Brendon, I think she will talk to you if you apologize and tell her the truth. Tell her how you really feel.” Amanda said.

“You think that may work?” I asked.

“I know so.” Amanda replied smiling.

“I want to get to know her. Truth is there have been days I cannot stop thinking about her. I love her smile and her personality. And I had a dream about her.” I replied hoping Amanda would not think I am weird or anything.

“Oh?” She said giving me a look.

“Don’t start.” I said giving Amanda a look.

“Maybe you guys are meant to be.” She said laughing at me.

“Thanks.” I replied rolling my eyes at her.

“Look, I see you care about Erelin so go talk to her before she goes onstage. And whatever you do, Call Audrey and break it off. If you don’t then I will.” She said pointing her finger at me.

“Like you really would do that. Scratch that, you would. At least thank you for calling her Audrey this once. I am glad to have you as a friend. Girls are complicated.” I said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She said getting aggravated at me.

“Uh, nothing it is just that you girls are hard to read.” I replied.

“Brendon, I wouldn’t make me madder then I already was with you hurting Erelin.” She said.

“Oh, yeah, right.” I said.

“And why are you still sitting here. Go find Erelin!” She yelled.

“Yes!” I said getting up and giving her a quick hug.

“I better not hear that you chickened out or you will hear more then an earful from me!” Amanda yelled as I took off to find Erelin.

I had to tell Erelin how I really feel. I also decided I was going to end things with Audrey tonight. I just hoped Erelin would listen to me. I prayed that it is not too late that she has not shut me out of her life for good.