A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

The Impossible Is Possible Tonight

(Brendon’s POV)
I entered the hall way and headed towards their dressing room. I stopped myself before I opened the door. I thought it would be best to just take he out of the room just to talk. And we would see what would happen afterwards. I held in a deep breath and opened the door.

“Erelin?” I said as I entered an empty room.

Damn it. I forgot that they were about to go on soon. I sighed. I guess it could wait. In the mean time, I might as well call Audrey. I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

“Hey, Bren. You wanna watch Photogenic Misery with me?” Jon said coming out of nowhere.

“Yea sure.” I said.

I never thought of that. I haven’t watched them perform in a while. Actually the only time I’ve ever watched them was when I saw them perform at their school when Pete dragged us to watch them. That was the first time I fell for her.

I followed Jon to the stage to go watch them. We of course ended up on Chrissy’s side for Jon’s sake. Sam counted off and they started to play Smiles and Daggers. I watched them. They have progressed so much. I remember they sounded a little weak at first, but now things have changed. I smiled and watched on as the performed. After a couple of songs, Erelin spoke into the mic.

“Our new CD comes out soon, and I hope you guys go out and tell all your friends about us. Get our CD and blast it in your radios.”

The crowd screamed. She grabbed her water bottle and took a sip at it. She put it back down and talked again.

“We wanna play a new song for you guys that you’ve never heard of. So put your cell phones in the air or cameras. Record and play it to your friends so they can be jealous of you guys!”

Billy and Chrissy changed to acoustic guitars as Erelin retreated over to the electric piano that was set up next to her mic stand. She fixed the mic so it was right next to her. Chrissy started off the song and all of them came in. After a few counts, Erelin started to sing.

“Keep your promises to yourself.
It’s not like you tried.
Twisted your ways, your words, you every move
And yet I’m sitting her dying inside.
Don’t you know it’s killing me when you give a kiss to me.
‘Cause I know it belongs to someone else.
Let those promises eat you away.
The same way they ate me.
Couldn’t you tell I was falling for you?

Forget the fights
Forget the glances, the stares.
I’m dancing to the beat of our misery.
Arms wrapped close, fingers intertwined.
Breaths and kisses down my neck.
I’m done with your games
I just want to be your’s.”

I felt shivers down my spine as the words, her voice, her every feeling was enclosing on me. I guess this is what I get for doing this to her. The song was finally over, and the crowd cheered. Erelin got up from the chair that she was sitting on as she played the piano. As she got up, she looked over at the side to see me. She froze a bit as she saw me. She then turned around and grabbed her water bottle.

“Did you guys like that?? I hope so. It sounded like you did. Well I guess this next song is the last song of the night. But don’t worry, I know you guys will have fun with Panic! and Calm Before The Storm.” She said.

Since Fall Out Boy was doing a secret show, they decided to change their name to one of their songs. It was easy enough for people to get it. Sam counted off, and they played their last song for the night.

“Jon, Brendon there you are! Come on, you guys have to get ready. You’re on next.” Zach our manager said as he came out of nowhere.

We followed after Zach, and headed towards our dressing room. I really wanted to watch them perform their last song, but I guess maybe another day. I did my warm ups and fixed my eyeliner.

About 20 minutes later, I was on stage singing “The Only Difference…” We played a couple of more songs. I would switch from piano to guitar or just sing. After singing, “But It’s Better If You Do.” I walked over to the piano and sat down. I looked over at the side of the stage to see Chrissy and Erelin. Erelin crossed her arms, but kept her gaze at me.

“This song is dedicated to some one special. It’s called ‘Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins’ ” I said.

After a few counts, I started to sing the song. Every now and then, I would look up at Erelin. She was singing along with me.

We'll crucify the insincere tonight
We'll make things right, well feel it all tonight
We'll find a way to offer up the night tonight
The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight
Believe in me ‘cause I’ll believe in you, tonight

The last part of the song I just looked at her as I continued to sing and play the piano. I sang it for her to start the process of making it up to her. I watched as she sang as well, which I was hoping that she was singing back to me as well.

I ended the song and just stared at her. I couldn’t tell, but it seemed like I had just made her even more sad. I felt my heart ache as I watched her walk off stage.