A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Winter Wonderlands Weren't Just Made For Romances

I started to freak out a little bit more. School was almost over. I had finals this week. I have prom in two days. I would be going on tour in three. I started to die inside. I was starting to get nervous too. I was hoping my grades would be ok since I've been concentrating more on the CD, which came out today. We won't know until next week to see how well we did.

I started to freak out even more over prom. Steve asked me, stupidly enough infront of Chrissy. Then she said no because she said right there and there I had a date that I didn't even know existed.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said as I pulled her away.
"Don't bring Steve to prom." She said.
"Why? It's a prom date."
"You're going to have a horrible time. Trust me. Jon has a really nice friend you could go with. Trust me. Have I ever let you down?" she said as she gave me a look.
"Fine, but if I have a horrible time, you're going to pay. Trust me." I said.


I sighed as I walked to class.

"Hey" Sam and Chrissy said as I sat next to them in AP English.

Billy's in the other AP English class.

"Hey... Chrissy..."

"Don't even say another word. Your prom date already knows everything down to what color underwear you're wearing..." Chrissy said.

"WHAT? Never mind. Can't you just at least let me talk to him to get to know him? I don't want to feel awkward." I said.

"Trust me... You won't" She said as the bell rang.

"Yea right. You've been saying that this whole time."

"Well then was I right about Steve, even though you protested?"

"No..."

"Well then shut up and pay attention to Dr. L and wait 'til prom."

She better be right again this time. At least I'm listening to her...
*****************

"All done." My sister, Christianne, said.

She had done mine and Chrissy's make up since she was a make up artist. We got our hair done hours before, picked up the flowers, and all we had to do was put on our dress. Our dates would be here any moment now. I was nervous for Prom. The main reason I was nervous was because I still didn't know my date...

I slipped into my white wine color dress. It was a halter, low cut, v-neck dress with a black sash wrapping around it. It was a nice silk material, and it was a little poofy at the bottom, but just enough for it to come down and not curve at my hips. I left my room as Chrissy came out of the bathroom in her dress. She was wearing a tube top dress. Teal was the color with her dress sort of like mine with how it came to at the bottom.

"Nice." we both said at the same time.

Right then, the door bell rang. I started to feel butterflies in my stomach. This was it. I had to face this. I just hope I have a good time. Chrissy's parents and my dad and stepmom were in the living room. They pushed us in my room so that they would be able to get the boys to come into the living room and call us. We waited until they called Chrissy first.

"Good luck kid." Chrissy said.

She left the room with her small purse and camera. I tugged at my fingers. I do that sometimes when I'm nervous.

"Erelin?" my dad said.

"Coming." I said.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my purse and camera as well. I picked my dress a little since it sort of dragged along the ground and braved the worse. I walked into the hall way and into the living room. I walked in and saw my parents and Chrissy's parents "aw" at me when I walked in. Jon and Chrissy were looking at me and smiling. My date's back was facing me.

"Hi." I said.

"Wow." My date said as he turned around and faced me.

"Brendon?" I said in disbelief.

He was standing right in front of me. He was wearing a nice tux, with a white shirt and a white wine tie. His hair was done all nicely, and he was wearing a little eyeliner. He looked amazing.

"You look so beautiful." He said as he got real close to me, our faces about an inch apart.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm bringing you to prom. I wanted to surprise you..."

"What about..."

"We're finished. I broke up with her. Let's talk about this later. Tonight is just going to be about me and you." he whispered.

"I was hoping you would say that." I said with a smile.

"Picture time!" Mrs. Hughes and my step mom said.