A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

A Better Kiss

We walked into Venuti’s, the place where we were having Prom this year. Brendon and I couldn’t keep our eyes off each other. I haven’t felt like this in such a long time. Butterflies in my stomach, smiling hardcore, being so nervous. I couldn’t stand it. We got inside and the whole band decided to sit with each other along with our friends as well. Brendon sat awfully close to me, wrapping his arm around me.

“Hi. You look amazing tonight.” He said as our faces were so close together.

“You look so handsome. I still can’t believe you came here with me. You are a sneaky boy Brendon Boyd Urie.” I said.

“ I couldn’t help but surprise you. I wanted to make you happy.” He said with a smile.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to stop smiling.” I said.

“Good. Keep it that way.”

We sat close during dinner, whispering conversations in ears, practically cuddling after dinner. After prom court was announced, none of us really caring who was part of it and who won prom queen and king, we sat there and talked. We hoped that the music wouldn’t be sucky. Surprisingly it really wasn’t that bad, they played everything. Brendon pulled me to the dance floor, the same scenario replaying again. Brendon’s arms wrapped around my waist, his chest against by back. Dancing to the beat again, except no eyes of a certain bassists was watching us. We danced a lot; he never wanted to let go and to be honest, I didn’t want him to.

After dancing practically all night long, we decided to all leave early since we had to wake up early to catch a plane ride to Colorado to start our first tour. The teachers don’t let people leave , but since we had tour the next day, they let us leave. We headed to the hotel where we were all to stay the night so we all could go together. Our parents would come to the hotel and the airport to see us off.

“Night you two.” Jon said as we arrived at our hotel room.

Brendon was carrying my bag with my clothes that I would be wearing tomorrow on the plane and to bed. The rest of my stuff my parents are bringing tomorrow.

“Night to you two. Please don’t be too loud.” I said as Jon opened their hotel room and Brendon was opening ours.

“Ha We’re not promising anything.” Chrissy said as she grabbed Jon and pulled him into their room.

With that she shut the door, and you can hear her locking the door.

“Eww.” I said underneath my breath.

Brendon giggled as we got into the room. He had his stuff in there already and his room was so messy.

“Jeez Brendon how long have you been staying in here??” I asked as we got in.

“Uhh a day. Why?”

“It’s so messy jeez.” I said.

“What? I tried to get ready for you and your prom. I wanted to look perfect for you..” He said as he pulled me close, wrapping his arms around my waist.

He then pulled his face closer to me and pressed his lips against mine. We started to get in the moment, lips pressed so hard, tongues wrestling for dominance. He then started to go further. He reached for the zipper of my dress and started to peel it off. I then pushed him away.

“Brendon, I… not now. I want to in the future, but we’re moving too fast.” I said.

“I understand. I’m so sorry. I’m just happy that I finally have you to myself now. I promise no mistakes. I want to be yours.” Brendon said as he again wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

“And I want to be your’s to.” I said with a smile as I looked up at him.

“You are mine. I know I didn’t ask you before, and this is so gonna sound so teenie but, do you wanna go out with me?” He whispered.

“Of course. I thought you would never ask.” I said.

With that he pulled me into the deepest, romantic kiss I haven’t experienced in a long time. Wait, let me rephrase that. The deepest, romantic kiss I have NEVER experienced.