A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Dicatorship

Dictatorship
Chapter 2

"Hey everyone. We're 'Photogenic Misery'," I said as Billy hit a chord and let it elongate.

Sam started a countoff and then as a family, we started playing our first song: 'Dictatorship.'

"You seem superior now that you have control.
Don't think anyone will follow you.
Don't think you can win this easily.
Tell me what you think
Of the idea of the losing for once
Just this once
Because this would be your all time low..."

We continued to play on. I looked in the crowd to see some people liking it, some people not. Of course the 'popular' kids were laughing at us, talking while we kept performing. As the song was done, I took a sip from my water bottle and made a statement.

"I'm glad that some of you guys liked the song. Saw some of you guys rocking out... but I thought it was a bit rude for the people to be laughing. It's not like we actually laugh when you guys score a touch down or do a cheer. I expected some respect, but I guess I was wrong. I guess this song is for you guys who laugh even though I didn't want it to go down like this. I guess it will. This is 'Take A Stab, Why Don't You.'"

I smiled at Sam as he nodded at me while playing. He started off the song, and we got into the song. As it ended I out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bunch of kids out of uniform sitting at the right side of the auditorium. I didn't notice them before. Billy walked up to me and leaned in my ear.

"Dude... Pete Wentz is here," He said, half nervous and half excited.