A Wonderful Caricature of Intimacy; A Tale of Past Lovers

Riot!

Riot!
Chapter 3

I looked over at that section and saw the truth. Pete, Patrick Stump, Jon Walker, and Brendon Urie sitting on the side. Patrick and Pete had that look on their face. They kept saying stuff to each other. Pete caught me looking at him and got up. Him and Patrick walked over to us at the side of the stage.

"Hi..." Pete said.

"Hi?" My band and I said.

It's not everyday you meet two of the people in your favorite band and that you looked up to. Usually it's the other way around, you're the one standing there looking up to them on stage. I never thought this would happen.

"You guys are pretty good. And we want to hear two more songs," Patrick straight up said.

"And?" Chrissy said.

"You'll see from there," Pete said with a smirk.

I blushed as Pete gave me his goofy grin. Yes, I did have a crush on Pete. I highly doubt he'll remember the time after the Knights of Columbus in Arlington Heights. The one where he held my hand for a good 15 minutes after their show. It was amazing back then when they were still small and popular in the underground scene. Psh... I may have been only 15 at that time, but I was in the scene when I 12. It was awesome.

"Ok?" Sam said.

Pete and Patrick walked back to their seats and sat down.

"What song?" Billy asked as I looked over at them.

I looked over at the band and thought about it for a good minute.

"This is 'Riots Are The Best Scenes,'" I said in the microphone..

Sam counted off, and together we started playing.

"Let's cause a riot.
Let's make a scene.
Who knows what kind of damage we can do.
Who knows maybe we were meant to be.
Scaring knees, making them bleed.
Is it 'cause I'm falling for you?
Or is it I can't find my way by myself.
Maybe this is a way saying I can't do this on my own..."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Pete and Brendon staring at me. Grant it, the four of them were all staring, but Pete and Brendon were hard core staring at me. I didn't know how to feel. As the song ended with Chrissy and me singing in harmony with Billy screaming, I looked at the four of them. Pete and Brendon both smiled at me. When the song ended, Pete and Patrick whispered something to each other. They both got up and walked over to the stage.

"Don't even bother playing another song. We've heard enough," Pete said.

Him and Patrick turned around and walked away. I was shocked. I thought something could work out.

"WAIT!!" I screamed in the microphone causing feedback.

They both turned around and faced us again.

"That's it? You couldn't even listen to our other song?" Chrissy said to them.

"What?" Patrick asked.

"You guys didn't even give us a chance, and you're walking away," Billy said.

"That's pretty pathetic. If you didn't like us, then you could have just walked away and not get our hopes up," I argued.

Patrick and Pete smirked at each other.

"We were walking away because we wanted to call Johnny Minardi. We found a new band," Pete said with a smile.

My heart dropped. I looked over at the rest of the band as their mouths were wide open. I knew something good was going to happen. Little did I know, this good thing may turn into something that I wouldn't expect.